Originally Posted by BrntRubber

That is a large amount of cars. Over double the 911R
I’ll be so happy if this is true.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:41 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,177 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Correct. I suppose certain high value clients of Porsche would know but beyond that it will be no different from the GT2RS or the GT3RS.
There are 20 people in the world that are guaranteed a car regardless. Same 20 clients that were invited to see the prototype behind the scene couple years ago in Geneva.

Beyond them the current USA/Canada 918 VIPs, whatever is left of those.

Add in the Porsche/Piech clans.

Then on top add the special special VIPs, like the people that got a 911R in the USA without a 918, or some others in the world that has special access to Porsche.

Also look no farther than the people that has a Turbo S Exclusive. They are part of a elite group of 500 clients in the world. Plus another 125 in the USA that went for the cab version.

Of course, some clients are part of multiple groups listed above.

If they do indeed make 1948, that should leaves around 1500 cars or so for 'public' consumption.
Old 05-04-2018, 11:12 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

As usual, you are very thorough, and on the money.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
There are 20 people in the world that are guaranteed a car regardless. Same 20 clients that were invited to see the prototype behind the scene couple years ago in Geneva.

Beyond them the current USA/Canada 918 VIPs, whatever is left of those.

Add in the Porsche/Piech clans.

Then on top add the special special VIPs, like the people that got a 911R in the USA without a 918, or some others in the world that has special access to Porsche.

Also look no farther than the people that has a Turbo S Exclusive. They are part of a elite group of 500 clients in the world. Plus another 125 in the USA that went for the cab version.

Of course, some clients are part of multiple groups listed above.

If they do indeed make 1948, that should leaves around 1500 cars or so for 'public' consumption.
Old 05-04-2018, 11:18 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MT would kill me interest in the car. Who in the hell drives around with the top down manually shifting gears these days?
Pagani Zonda Roadster, Ferrari F50, Porsche CGT, etc.
Old 05-04-2018, 11:30 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,860 Likes on 4,809 Posts

Originally Posted by Andial
Pagani Zonda Roadster, Ferrari F50, Porsche CGT, etc.
How many owners of those cars actually drive their cars? On any sort of regular basis?
Old 05-05-2018, 12:18 AM
Suitcase
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Drive your Zonda but not to Whole Foods

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
How many owners of those cars actually drive their cars? On any sort of regular basis?
Zonda, F-50, CGT. You're probably correct. Those cars never get driven. But that's the fantastic thing about all 911's, GT4's, and Spyders. In 2010 the factory took a totally stock street legal 3.8 GT3 RS, drove it to the 24 hour Nurburgring, started 42nd, finished 13th and drove it back to Stuttgart. Chris Harris was one of the drivers. It's a throwback to the days sports cars could also be race cars. Back in the early 1980's I knew an insurance broker who drove his 289 Cobra to work. How great is that? And it's not all that comfortable either.

I was always impressed with how usable the 997 GT2 RS is. All that performance and easy to drive. And the new GT2 RS? It's an automatic! How easy is that? I'm confident it would smoke almost any supercar on the track including the F-50 and the CGT. And a customer Zonda? Probably. Then after you've smoked all of them on the Nordschleife you can take it to Target . Be careful where you park but I strongly recommend staying away from Whole Foods.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:22 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Good morning,

Yes I agree, it is so much fun to drive our favorite cars. Like many would attest, we just need to be careful driving these cars. In my case I prefer to drive and then pick and choose where to park.

Originally Posted by mooty
"The point is be careful but drive the cars."

how do i make this quote 10000 point font?
One of my pet peeves are those loose grocery/shopping carts that are not properly put away on those shopping/grocery corrals, that can put serious "dings and dents" on the car. Driving on open roads especially at night when there's less traffic is just a bliss.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Suitcase
Zonda, F-50, CGT. You're probably correct. Those cars never get driven. But that's the fantastic thing about all 911's, GT4's, and Spyders. In 2010 the factory took a totally stock street legal 3.8 GT3 RS, drove it to the 24 hour Nurburgring, started 42nd, finished 13th and drove it back to Stuttgart. Chris Harris was one of the drivers. It's a throwback to the days sports cars could also be race cars. Back in the early 1980's I knew an insurance broker who drove his 289 Cobra to work. How great is that? And it's not all that comfortable either.

I was always impressed with how usable the 997 GT2 RS is. All that performance and easy to drive. And the new GT2 RS? It's an automatic! How easy is that? I'm confident it would smoke almost any supercar on the track including the F-50 and the CGT. And a customer Zonda? Probably. Then after you've smoked all of them on the Nordschleife you can take it to Target . Be careful where you park but I strongly recommend staying away from Whole Foods.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:40 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 70 Posts

Looks really good from the front! It’s normally the side and rear quarter view that establish if the Speedster is a looker or a hump back whale.

either way I want one for the top down sound and manual
Based on the pictures the rear would look like a hump back whale. But they are photoshopped so really can’t tell what it will look like. I hav e to believe it will look totally different. Otherwise why bother to bring in 20 VIP’s to view the prototype? If Porsche was smart they would make the car with PDK and MT
Old 05-05-2018, 11:34 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

Based on the pictures the rear would look like a hump back whale. But they are photoshopped so really can’t tell what it will look like. I hav e to believe it will look totally different. Otherwise why bother to bring in 20 VIP’s to view the prototype? If Porsche was smart they would make the car with PDK and MT
Porsche lost bona fides with the PDK only .1 GT3 among its most vocal and emotional group of long term customers, not to mention auto journalists even more financially sensitive to this particular group. Porsche has been backtracking with MT only low numbers specialty offerings to soothe the ruffled feathers ever since.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:38 AM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

For those reasons as well as the input from that Top 20 focus group, I’d be shocked if we see a pdk option. All that being said, I would order pdk to cruise with the top down through the twisties. It’s not MY fault, pdk is just THAT good at everything.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:03 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
A minority. Maybe <200.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:54 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Andial
A minority. Maybe <200.
That is a bit harsh. Many people drive their cars, however the fact that the people eligible for this car have already bought so many Porsche’s means they have a decent sized stable and spread the driving time around.

just my $.02
Old 05-06-2018, 11:20 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

I agree with you. Some cars are treated "Garage Queens", but many here seat time is divided by the number of cars in the collection.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

That is a bit harsh. Many people drive their cars, however the fact that the people eligible for this car have already bought so many Porsche’s means they have a decent sized stable and spread the driving time around.

just my $.02
Old 05-07-2018, 05:09 PM
Andial
Banned

just my $.02
Why do you need to buy many Porsches for a Pagani Zonda Roadster, Ferrari F50, or CGT?

Quick Reply: Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies