Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carmine, don't look here if you hate the color!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 07:52 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Love it

When I first got my CR GT4 and was having the front-end covered with PPF; we did the Hood in Stealth just as a test - let me tell you great that looked. Problem, I was willing to do the whole car so we took it off.

Just some food for thought
Old 12-06-2017, 08:10 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 78 Posts

So nice my friend! Can't wait to see it (eh hem... go for a spin in it) in the spring!
Old 12-06-2017, 08:35 PM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by tasman
You need to stop this Mayur!! 😎?
He's a proud papa (no pun intended). The car is beautiful and now we're all thinking we should/should've gotten CR.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:36 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Absolutely stunning. Congratulations!
Alan, thank you! You know you were instrumental in me going with carmine. Your GT4 did it.

Originally Posted by tasman
You need to stop this Mayur!! 😎?
T, until you get your allocation, we share

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Love it
When I first got my CR GT4 and was having the front-end covered with PPF; we did the Hood in Stealth just as a test - let me tell you great that looked. Problem, I was willing to do the whole car so we took it off.
Just some food for thought
Oh Jimmy, there you go planting those aesthetic seeds which for me can so easily become a never ending obsession for addons. Your point however does seem very attractive

Originally Posted by Money2536
So nice my friend! Can't wait to see it (eh hem... go for a spin in it) in the spring!
Matt thank you. You know you're always welcome to take the car for a spin.

Originally Posted by C2Spin
He's a proud papa (no pun intended). The car is beautiful and now we're all thinking we should/should've gotten CR.
The car looks great in almost any color. As far as everyone getting a carmine, hmmm..... eeek!!...

... erm..."Carmine absolutely sucks! Its the most useless color out there! No one should get it...basically a red...yuk! Don't do it!"

That should so it!
Old 12-06-2017, 11:48 PM
hughp3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry Mayur, just getting around to saying CONGRATS! Stunning car.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:29 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hughp3
Sorry Mayur, just getting around to saying CONGRATS! Stunning car.
Thank you Hugh. You’ve got a nice toy coming soon as well. I can’t wait to see it at the track.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:45 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,190 Likes on 473 Posts

M- you made a wise choice. I think the color is perfect. Despite the extra cost over Guards, I’m happy with mine. It looks fantastic without being too shouty ... none of the “hey look at me, I drive a Porsche” feel.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:15 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by disden
M- you made a wise choice. I think the color is perfect. Despite the extra cost over Guards, I’m happy with mine. It looks fantastic without being too shouty ... none of the “hey look at me, I drive a Porsche” feel.
Thank you D! I'm happy with it. Never thought I'd be a red guy but I am! Your car looks awesome and I bet it now sounds fantastic with the Rahal exhaust.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:34 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

That looks awesome. Congrats!
Old 12-07-2017, 02:15 PM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 101 Posts

Absolutely stunning! Perfectly ordered. Drive it in good health Mayur.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:19 PM
AiRick
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 13 Posts

The car had its paint correction and ceramic coating done
So if you don't mind what is Paint correction ? also I plan on the clear bra so what is Ceramic coating ? Like a wrap ? also the black stone guard in front of rear wheels "Like a turbo " were do you get that from ? Thanks

Last edited by AiRick; 12-07-2017 at 09:43 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:31 PM
AiRick
Pro

Ok , I googled the Ceramic coating and understand the paint correction now. Still wonder if I should get the clear wrapped bra { Expel} ? as I plan to track the car. I don't think the Ceramic coating would help with rock chips or maybe helps a little ? Thanks
Old 12-07-2017, 08:55 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AiRick
So if you don't mind what is Paint correction ? also I plan on the clear bra so what is Ceramic coating ? Like a wrap ? also the black pice infant of rear wheels "Like a turbo " were do you get that from ? Thanks
I'll start off by congratulating you on the car!

Now I'll try to decipher the rest of your message

Paint correction: where someone who knows what they're doing removes the swirls and other paint defects. These include residue and blemishes from the factory. In essence, they get the paint to be as close to perfect as possible.

Ceramic coating: is a anti-static, weather-resistant nano coating that shines and protects your vehicle. Water beads off and makes washing the car a breeze.

Stone guards: shark-fin like rubber magnetic slap-ons offers extra protection to the area around the rear fender that is prone to road debris. I'm only going to use these occasionally as I don't like the look much. They are available at http://magnagrafik.com
Old 12-07-2017, 08:59 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AiRick
Ok , I googled the Ceramic coating and understand the paint correction now. Still wonder if I should get the clear wrapped bra { Expel} ? as I plan to track the car. I don't think the Ceramic coating would help with rock chips or maybe helps a little ? Thanks
Especially if tracking, I would ABSOLUTELY PPF (expel, etc) your car. At the very least do it on the entire front, hood, fenders, mirrors, and leading edges (pillars, sills, partial rear fender). Ceramic coating will NOT protect your car as PPF would. The coating goes on top of your PPF to give it UV and shine etc.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:34 PM
AiRick
Pro

Thanks for all the information !!

Quick Reply: Carmine, don't look here if you hate the color!