Sponsored by:

Left RS home and tracked 17 SS 1LE

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 09:45 PM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Left RS home and tracked 17 SS 1LE

So I recieved a call late last night that there was an opportunity to rent NJ Thunderbolt for 4 hours and open track!
So as it turns out it was just 5 of us. Had the whole track to ourselves!!!
Best time with the chicane was 1.32.80
Not bad for basically stock 2017 SS 1LE.
Wish I had some time to have RS down there too but never the less had a great time!

I hope you enjoy the vid..

[IMG]
Old 11-21-2017, 09:53 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Nice video and I day and night track dynamic. One is probably knife while another is more of hammer approach. Curious on your thoughts between the two.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:04 PM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by porscheflat6
Nice video and I day and night track dynamic. One is probably knife while another is more of hammer approach. Curious on your thoughts between the two.
Well RS I have only gone 35s so......Personally I think 1LE more fun. Remember this is NOT a ZL1 1LE, just a little ole SS 1LE
Old 11-21-2017, 10:29 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Nick: What tires are you running? R7's?. That's a fast time especially with the chicane.
Hate the Octapus. Annoying.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:40 PM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Waxer
Nick: What tires are you running? R7's?. That's a fast time especially with the chicane.
Yup R7
Old 11-22-2017, 07:01 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,190 Likes on 473 Posts

I have an RS that I have started to track a lot. So much that I’ve actually considered getting an SS 1LE as a second car to use for some track events simply bc it’s so damn inexpensive. Do you think the 1LE is exciting enough coming from an RS?

Heres my thought: PCA DEs are fine, everyone is responsible and respectful...use the RS. However I’ve noticed a lot of non PCA events have some real crappy cars with drivers that often over estimate their talent, I’ve seen some really frightening things! A cheap 1LE would be ideal for those events. Make sense?
Old 11-22-2017, 09:48 AM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by disden
I have an RS that I have started to track a lot. So much that I’ve actually considered getting an SS 1LE as a second car to use for some track events simply bc it’s so damn inexpensive. Do you think the 1LE is exciting enough coming from an RS?

Heres my thought: PCA DEs are fine, everyone is responsible and respectful...use the RS. However I’ve noticed a lot of non PCA events have some real crappy cars with drivers that often over estimate their talent, I’ve seen some really frightening things! A cheap 1LE would be ideal for those events. Make sense?
ABSOLUTELY!

Guess that depends on the club that your running with. I run with these guys http://moehpde.com/
Moe is a racer along with the others that run the group. Yes they get its fair share of slower guys but they are in the "blue" group.
The guys that I tracked with yesterday will make more dates rent the track, to have only 5 cars out there and "open" track the whole time is awesome!

Get yourself a 2017-18 SS 1LE and set of 18" rims and R7 and an alignment and you'll think your in heaven. These cars are that good!
My Camaro front axle grip is way better then my RS. The RS is in DESPERATE need for an alignment and setup. After 5 hard laps the car is an under steering machine.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:56 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Yoskin
So I recieved a call late last night that there was an opportunity to rent NJ Thunderbolt for 4 hours and open track!
So as it turns out it was just 5 of us. Had the whole track to ourselves!!!
Best time with the chicane was 1.32.80
Not bad for basically stock 2017 SS 1LE.
Wish I had some time to have RS down there too but never the less had a great time!

I hope you enjoy the vid..

https://youtu.be/R4dTKohgQ3k[img]
[/img]

Nice!
LOL at 7:24 and the laps after.
Is stability control using the brakes? Are the brakes staying cool?
Just as a reference my best lap in a 997 3.8RS was 1.29, R7 helps of course but shows how fast the Camaro is.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:11 AM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

Nice!
Just as a reference my best lap in a 997 3.8RS was 1.29, R7 helps of course but shows how fast the Camaro is.
Was that with the chicane? its not the usual configuration, I've only run that configuration once and it must add 2-3 seconds I would think.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:30 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Its been probably 5-6 years and I only have been there once, I have to look it up.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:09 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Not my fastest laps, but the most entertaining if you can deal with the grainy video LOL.
No Chicane! So that Camaro is with Yoskin in it, is hauling ***
Old 11-22-2017, 01:47 PM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 147 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMWsXBZOJO4

Not my fastest laps, but the most entertaining if you can deal with the grainy video LOL.
thanks to you and nick for posting the videos, it always good to see how skilled drivers attack the same tracks as me
Old 11-23-2017, 01:04 AM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Smile

Nice!
HAPPY TURKEY DAY GUYS!

Peter,
Perf Traction Control set on Sport 2. I believe its using a combination of spark cut and brakes. In Sport 1 its to invasive for me but Sport 2 allows a nice bit of slip angle. The ECU & BCM in these cars are fast/excellent. I've tuned Y and F bodies for 15 years now as a hobby and I am impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMWsXBZOJO4

THANKS. If you ever head up this way I'll buy you steak dinner @ NJ Motorsports club house. Great food!
They say chicane adds 3-4 seconds, who knows.....whatever...had a blast.

Originally Posted by tgibrit
thanks to you and nick for posting the videos, it always good to see how skilled drivers attack the same tracks as me
Hey 18925 here. You go to Dtown C&C?
Old 11-23-2017, 01:13 AM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Peter and Evan seen this?
CHEAP!

CHEVROLET PERFORMANCE PARTS
ZL1 1LE-Spec Multimatic DSSV® Lowering and Handling Suspension Upgrade System (P/N 84352121) — Forged on the track and developed for the track-capable ZL1 1LE, this suspension system features Multimatic DSSV® dampers, combined with front and rear coil springs, and a ZL1 1LE-spec front sway bar. Ride height is reduced by up to 10mm and the system offers a 22 percent decrease in roll gradient, as well as a 245 percent increase in front spring stiffness. The front ride height is also adjustable for corner weighting and track use, with the ability to quickly switch from street to track camber settings.

ZL1 1LE-Spec Suspension Upgrade System (P/N 84352119) — This kit complements the ZL1 1LE-Spec Multimatic Lowering and Handling Suspension Upgrade System (P/N 84352121). This off-road-only, track-tested system offers racers front ride links, front handling links, rear upper and lower trailing links and rear knuckles, as well as stiffer bushings and ball joints to reduce suspension flex. Compared to the Camaro SS, the upper and lower trailing links are 71 percent stiffer, while the rear link inner bushings are 58 percent stiffer. There’s also a 4 percent reduction in roll gradient in addition to 1LE Spec Multimatic Lowering and Handling Suspension Upgrade System enhancement.

ZL1-spec solid-mounted rear cradle mounts — These mounts help reduce deflection in the rear suspension, for enhanced stability and more direct handling.

ZL1 rear spoiler — This aggressive ZL1-style spoiler kit can reduce vehicle lift on the track for Camaro LS, LT and SS models when used with the Camaro SS accessory ground effects or front splitter package.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:12 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,875 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Agree. Kills the flow of an otherwise great track. So easy to fix too. Just straighten out the radius a bit and you'd have nice high-g right left....

Quick Reply: Left RS home and tracked 17 SS 1LE