Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detailed Designs Auto Spa's Perpetual 991.2 GT3 Projects Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 10:59 AM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

It's not a GT3 but the badges are done the same and some of you may find our process interesting....

A few years ago I created a template which we have used to reinstall the individual "PORSCHE" badges for 991 rear bumpers. The purpose was to consistently and precisely space the badges exactly as they were when a car leaves the factory. This is important because when installing pre-cut PPF on the 991 rear bumpers, the gaps/seams/reliefs for the badges look awful and leave room for wearing/damage on the paint. So we remove the badges, send them off to be refinished/tape reinstalled with computer cut patterns and install the rear bumper PPF without literal and unsightly holes in the protective film.

In the following video I explain some of these nuances along with the benefits of this method when also coating the surface. To me it's pretty typical stuff but some folks have ask how we do this process and I hope the video helps out with that.

I hope y'all enjoy!

Old 07-14-2019, 02:31 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Weissach hood edge was fairly hammered from the factory. But after communicating with Porsche on behalf of my client, the owner and I were able to convince Porsche to cover the cost to fix this unacceptable defect. As awful as it looked, the actual repair was very reasonable and far less than what a new hood would have cost Porsche.

And more content specific to that topic but on a GT2RS:

Old 07-19-2019, 01:12 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

A short of some advanced PPF installation action on a PTS GT3:

Old 05-29-2020, 03:18 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

It's been a minute or two since I shared something here but who really wants to see the same old stuff repeated anyways? Maybe this will present some valuable information though
Full rear quarter PPF sections are expensive to install, expensive to remove and...yeah, expensive to install again. Here's an example of a GT3 we added a significantly sized piece of wear and tear 20 mil film to. The removal was after about 5,000 miles of driving and 26 months. The video is pretty candid in how these small and practical-to-install sections of film present value for those which are aesthetically particular.

Quick Reply: Detailed Designs Auto Spa's Perpetual 991.2 GT3 Projects Thread