Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What is best colour considering all the CF on the car.
White
17.91%
Black
34.33%
GT Silver
47.76%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

991 GT2 RS with WP - Finalising my spec for Jan delivery

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017 | 12:58 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup
Painting all the last remaining items in black makes the car completely lost. A GT2 RS should have "THOSE" distinctive items. It's those items that help characterize the car as a GT2 RS. Otherwise, it'll just look like a black Turbo S with a big wing...

Not to mention, **most** black cars usually look like **** **most** of the time. UNLESS, you have it completely and professionally paint corrected, then drive from the paint correcting facility to your next destination, get out, wipe the car down with Quick Detailer or equivalent, cover up the car, then drive the car to another location, get out, wipe the car down with Quick Detailer or equivalent, and repeat this exercise everywhere you go. Otherwise, a black car is dusty, swirled up, rock-chipped, road rashed, scratched for the bulk of the population that own black cars.

GT Silver...park it in the rain, it looks great. 20 minute hand wash and it's fine. That black car will cost someone hours to clean up. Some years down the road, **most** black cars look older than their other counterparts due to all the shortcomings of black.

Trust me...I LOVE black cars...especially for that 30 minutes or so once they're all detailed and looking strong (then it's downhill from there until the next detailing session). At one point in my life, everything I owned was black on black...for years. Now, I feel that black almost dates a car. Modern car designs and shapes are so interesting that black disguises and mutes a car; especially a GT car. These cars should have color of some sort (Red, Miami Blue, Yellow, PTS Blues etc) or have an industrial scheme (Agate, GT Silver to accentuate the lines etc). Black just bores it up....like a default choosing back in the late 90's/early 2000's

Just look at all of the black accent pieces of the GT Silver car that's on display above...EVERY one of those black accents is completely lost with a black car unless you are standing 5 feet next to it. On the GT Silver car, for example, they're all harmonious interesting design points.
You make some very valid points. While Inlove black cars too this has been my big worry. I don’t want to look like other 911s and feel less special.
Old 11-12-2017 | 02:15 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Deleted
Old 11-12-2017 | 03:44 PM
turbodickie
Advanced

Default black

I ordered Black but silver is ok!
Old 11-12-2017 | 05:47 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup
On the GT Silver car, for example, they're all harmonious interesting design points.
There are no harmonious interesting design points if you have that FKNG UGLY stripe, that's the chavviest thing ever made by Porsche.
Old 11-12-2017 | 06:49 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by RennOracle
There are no harmonious interesting design points if you have that FKNG UGLY stripe, that's the chavviest thing ever made by Porsche.
It’s better than the hood on the 997 2RS
Old 11-14-2017 | 03:34 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Went to my dealer and asked their opinion. They said "go black or Gt silver". Aggghhhh

Having seen so many Pcars at the dealer I am leaning more towards GT Silver (90%).
Old 11-16-2017 | 03:21 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

I switch between black and silver every hour lol.
Old 11-16-2017 | 03:28 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BrntRubber
I switch between black and silver every hour lol.
Black is the color for all my cars, if there wasn't such nasty ADM I'd get a GT2 too. I like GT Silver on Porsche cars but not with the black stripes, doesn't look good to me.
Old 11-19-2017 | 07:36 AM
908/3fan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SEB74

Just look that, this car must be aggressive, the car of Satan in person so exterior red or black all the other color is for lady and this is it
Despite the fact that i'mhuge fan of blue, i agree with you. Black is the one! Except the wheels of course.

Quick Reply: 991 GT2 RS with WP - Finalising my spec for Jan delivery