Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the difference ... steering wheels...?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 12:28 PM
vodavoda
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default What's the difference ... steering wheels...?

Probably a dumb question that will end up in "duh-moment", but I'm looking at a few build sheets that dealers and sellers are sending me as I search for my .1GT3, and some of the sheets list "SportDesign steering wheel" and other build sheets list nothing in regards to steering wheel. Figuring that there must be something special/different about the SportDesign as it listed as an option, but in pics, I'm not picking up on differences....what am I missing?

Here are 2 pics, one car has the SportDesign listed as an option, the other does not:
Attached Images   
Old 11-01-2017, 12:40 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

IIRC I believe both are SportDesign wheels but clicking the box puts it in alcantara.....I may be wrong though
Old 11-01-2017, 01:02 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
IIRC I believe both are SportDesign wheels but clicking the box puts it in alcantara.....I may be wrong though
Correct - those are both the 'sport design' steering wheel. I believe it was the only one available on the GT3. If it's not listed, it's the standard alcantara wheel. If the option is listed, it's the leather one. If the entire description of the option is listed, it will say 'steering wheel and gear selector in leather'. The only other option wrt to the steering wheel was the top center marker in red. That was only offered in alcantara.

Quick Reply: What's the difference ... steering wheels...?