Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures of the Brushed Interior Anthracite Package vs CF

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 02:38 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,975 Likes on 918 Posts

Real pity that wingy gt3 doesnā€™t get the black aluminum option. Iļø went anthracite but not happy that it wonā€™t match any of the other trim like door handles and shifter.

Iā€™m big into making modifications in my cars, so Iā€™m going to fix this by:
1. Wooden 917k/carreraGT **** replacement
2. Will replace door handles with RS straps in red to match my stitching... mechanism behind door card is the same, just need to buy the replacement part.
3. Vent surrounds painted red. I Should have done this prior, but i didnā€™t think about this when Iļø was speccing the car and it locked before Iļø could change my mind. Iļø spoke with a tech about this and the vents actually unclip without too much disassembly.
4. The LWB seatbelt pass throughs which are black Iļø will also paint red, an easy unscrew job.

This will leave me with no shiny aluminum in the cabin, just red accents in places to match stitching and the anthracite trim.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:08 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,321 Likes on 693 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Real pity that wingy gt3 doesnā€™t get the black aluminum option. Iļø went anthracite but not happy that it wonā€™t match any of the other trim like door handles and shifter.

2. Will replace door handles with RS straps in red to match my stitching... mechanism behind door card is the same, just need to buy the replacement part.
3. Vent surrounds painted red. I Should have done this prior, but i didnā€™t think about this when Iļø was speccing the car and it locked before Iļø could change my mind. Iļø spoke with a tech about this and the vents actually unclip without too much disassembly.
4. The LWB seatbelt pass throughs which are black Iļø will also paint red, an easy unscrew job.

This will leave me with no shiny aluminum in the cabin, just red accents in places to match stitching and the anthracite trim.
Alex,
Thanks. I love the idea of getting RS straps in red to match the red stitching!

I didn’t think of doing this previously because I didn’t care about getting door pulls just to look like an RS, but I love the idea of getting rid of the shiny door handles that don’t match anything, particularly in the .2 GT3 interior.

I just did some quick checking on I suncoast and it said the RS door pulls were $1000 for each side, which is pricey. Wonder if there’s a cheaper way to accomplish the look?
Old 11-02-2017, 03:20 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,094 Likes on 2,869 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
Alex,
Thanks. I love the idea of getting RS straps in red to match the red stitching!

I didn’t think of doing this previously because I didn’t care about getting door pulls just to look like an RS, but I love the idea of getting rid of the shiny door handles that don’t match anything, particularly in the .2 GT3 interior.

I just did some quick checking on I suncoast and it said the RS door pulls were $1000 for each side, which is pricey. Wonder if there’s a cheaper way to accomplish the look?
If you look at Suncoast you'll also see that they're not compatible with GT3 (only with other door strap models like GT4 and GT3RS).
Old 11-02-2017, 03:37 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,321 Likes on 693 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
If you look at Suncoast you'll also see that they're not compatible with GT3 (only with other door strap models like GT4 and GT3RS).
That makes me think they are selling just the fabric part for $1000 each, which is highway robbery IMHO.

I’m more interested in how much the door pull mechanism costs?
I’m sure I can find a shop, (or my mother) to make the fabric door pulls.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:56 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bossing
(P1A) "Brushed Aluminum Interior Package in Anthracite i.c.w. Standard Interior" in my GT3.2... this the $0 cost option:

----------

Meanwhile my GT4 has the (P1B) "Anodized Black Brushed Aluminum Interior Package i.c.w. Leather Interior" which was the $325 option back then...

They're both kinda similar especially in pics yet still different enough when compared in person.

The GT3.2's Anthracite trim supplements the standard bucket seat stripes quite well.

I'm happy.... moreso due to the no charge option.
Which is darker in your opinion? I have the same one on the GT4. Love the look and texture. Wouldn't have minded if it was slightly darker, but it does break up the black interiors of these cars. But if it's the same, I think I'd go with the anthracite over the carbon, because it's not shiny and adds some "color". Being free is icing on the cake.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:37 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 467 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Bossing
(P1A) "Brushed Aluminum Interior Package in Anthracite i.c.w. Standard Interior" in my GT3.2... this the $0 cost option:

They're both kinda similar especially in pics yet still different enough when compared in person.

The GT3.2's Anthracite trim supplements the standard bucket seat stripes quite well.

I'm happy.... moreso due to the no charge option.

Thank you Bossing for pics detailing your trim pieces!

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
The touring comes with the best standard free option not sure why you would want to change it. You even get the door sills darker bec of this cool option. It is also nice since it is unique to the touring vs. other GT cars at least for now.
Good points!

Primary reason for choosing CF trim is that it came standard in my .2 TTS and I thought it looked great between my Bordeaux and black leather bits.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:59 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

Antrax is very cool what a pity that get scratched very easily
Old 07-31-2018, 01:14 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 446 Likes on 180 Posts

Delete

Last edited by bluehorseshoe; 07-31-2018 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:42 PM
shamoo
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
More pics please! Particular a .2 GT3 interior with red stitching and either anthracite or CF trim.
Here's mine with red stitching and CF. It is a little shiny, but I wouldn't say it is distracting. It gives good contrast against the "matte" of the alcantara around it.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:40 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
The touring comes with the best standard free option not sure why you would want to change it. You even get the door sills darker bec of this cool option. It is also nice since it is unique to the touring vs. other GT cars at least for now.
I like the anthracite too as a Touring specific choice by the factory.

Originally Posted by CAlexio

Might you have any photos yet?

Yes, those door handles for straps is a top priority!

Quick Reply: Pictures of the Brushed Interior Anthracite Package vs CF