Sponsored by:

Is this real? GT3 RS -10k under msrp??

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 09:00 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,085 Likes on 1,008 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Sorry but that's the dumb post of the day, maybe the month....so a GT owner who's thoroughly enjoying their car is supposed to get rid of it because you think prices are going to tank?.....and even if they do who cares, it's a car, not an investment...and I know of very few RS owners who would go to the .2GT3.....for me not a chance....don't care how much "better" the GT3 is.....

let the bubble burst.....I'll drive my RS until I'm bored of it and move on....so I lose money on the car, not the first time and won't be the last.....part of the game.....
Ditto. Never understood the sky is falling on cars unless you’re upside down or over extended?? I will not sell my RS still the best car I have driven, and I gave up a .2 GT3 at MSRP yes MSRP! Drive your cars and stop worrying about what they’re worth.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:05 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by DerStig
Bubble is bursting. Porshe made way too many of these cars. Its all supply and demand. Everyone is going to get .2 GT3 then .2 GT3RS. I wouldnt be surprised the prices tank for the .1 RS way below MSRP.

If I owned a GT car, now is the time to dump it and do so very quickly. In 6 months, the market will be very soft. Lots of new cars coming out, new ZR1, Mid engine C8 corvette, GT500, and obviously Porsche's own .2 GT3 will be a lot more available. Porsche will probably make even more than the RS. They just want to sell the car. The car holding its value and very low market supply doesnt really help them in their business model. Sad for the GT owners but true.
Dealers have offered me over MSRP for mine recently the only thing that will effect the RS is another RS and that's if when how many.

Porsche and other factories are producing more special cars 675LT 1000 cars 458 Speciale and Aperta 1500+ cars the RS will be just fine it always has been and always will be. The RS has a following why people like you care about pricing when you do not have or want one is beyond me and even worse I am responding.

Not Sad GT Owner - who should care less about what isn't true.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:55 AM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

They are slowly coming back down to reality. Personally think under MSRP is going to be the new normal. The ADM's made this car overpriced for what it is. If you can drive it ( no winter where you are) Losing 50k of value on a car like this and enjoying it for 2 years is getting it on the cheap in my opinion. Some other cars lose 50% or more over 2 years. If you want to dump ( i did) i think you should have already... for me it was either dump or store for winter. Was a easy decision on my end when offered all my money back less 10k ADM Left it as a deposit on a .2 gt3rs
Old 10-28-2017, 10:15 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Softening ! Over here in Europe, low mileage RS ask starts at 175k
Old 10-28-2017, 12:03 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,093 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by bccars
Softening ! Over here in Europe, low mileage RS ask starts at 175k
175k-what? €? $?
Old 10-28-2017, 12:43 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Sorry but that's the dumb post of the day, maybe the month....so a GT owner who's thoroughly enjoying their car is supposed to get rid of it because you think prices are going to tank?.....and even if they do who cares, it's a car, not an investment...and I know of very few RS owners who would go to the .2GT3.....for me not a chance....don't care how much "better" the GT3 is.....

let the bubble burst.....I'll drive my RS until I'm bored of it and move on....so I lose money on the car, not the first time and won't be the last.....part of the game.....
+1

His posts are complete BS. I wonder if he owns any car.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:47 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 428 Likes on 255 Posts

he means 175k in compare to 190/210k msrp
euro indeed

.1RS was perceived as last NA

GT2RS not limited
GT3.2 not limited
GT3.2 RS is coming

only an alien would pay msrp or adm for an used .1RS
Old 10-28-2017, 12:50 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,265 Likes on 945 Posts

. Lots of new cars coming out, new ZR1, Mid engine C8 corvette, GT500, and obviously Porsche's own .2 GT3 will be a lot more available. Porsche will probably make even more than the RS. They just want to sell the car. The car holding its value and very low market supply doesnt really help them in their business model. Sad for the GT owners but true.

I would argue that the number of Porsche owners who are cross shopping a corvette are small to none. It’s not the same demographic at all. I hope Porsche makes a ton of .2 gt3 and .2rs. Let those who want to buy and drive actuslly be able to do it.

corvette?? Meh.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:34 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,861 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Interesting. For some reason I remember seeing that car for sale before
I was thinking the same thing. Looks familiar.

And I agree with the earlier poster that Lava over Lava along with radio delete certainly isn't helping with the pricing.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:35 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Bubble is bursting. Porshe made way too many of these cars. Its all supply and demand. Everyone is going to get .2 GT3 then .2 GT3RS. I wouldnt be surprised the prices tank for the .1 RS way below MSRP.
Can you show me where I can find one of these burst bubbles, because I've been searching high and low and have yet to find one.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:36 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,093 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I was thinking the same thing. Looks familiar.

And I agree with the earlier poster that Lava over Lava along with radio delete certainly isn't helping with the pricing.
So, I’ve seen posts that say UV is hurting the sale of a particular RS and now Lava is the reason. So, are we saying that if it were white or silver, it would be flying off the shelf?
Old 10-28-2017, 01:38 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
So, I’ve seen posts that say UV is hurting the sale of a particular RS and now Lava is the reason. So, are we saying that if it were white or silver, it would be flying off the shelf?
No, I'm saying Lava seats on a Lava car don't help. Couple that with no radio, which makes even less sense on a PCCB car, and the buyer pool just keeps shrinking.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:27 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 931 Likes on 349 Posts

While people were speculating about how the 997 GT3's were going to fall from the sky, I drove mine 30k miles and tracked it regularly. When I bought it, I plotted a conservative depreciation curve and figured anything above that was gravy. When I sold it, I made a couple of bucks instead. Woohoo.

Now i'm about 8k miles (of 14K total) into my RS. Did the same exercise as far as predictive depreciation and if I'm close, I'll be perfectly happy. Let's just say, that number is nowhere near MSRP. If the car sells anywhere near what I paid for it, woohoo again! In the mean time, I have driven and tracked this car and had a ball.

Due to their strong values, the GT cars created a cult of buyers/owners who think they can own them without cost. Maybe some shouldn't be in the market in the first place; who knows. As some have said, I've lost more on depreciation to many other cars (including the wife's Macan which is down 40% since new). Who cares, she's happy and we've had some amazing times in it on road trips and with our dogs. The good things in life are rarely free.

I spend less time worrying about the cost of these cars and spend more time driving and enjoying them. If you want to speculate there are far better things to speculate on. There are probably a bunch of McLaren and Mercedes owners who've lost a ton on their cars yet are completely happy because the had the chance to drive really amazing cars. I think these boards would be a lot better if people went back to enjoying their cars instead of trying to call the bottom/top on them.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:37 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
No, I'm saying Lava seats on a Lava car don't help. Couple that with no radio, which makes even less sense on a PCCB car, and the buyer pool just keeps shrinking.
I agree the interior is tough on the eyes IMO and no radio doesn’t help....as I said I believe I saw this before when I was searching over the summer and even at a good price it wasn’t even a consideration. If it was such a great price at $10K under it would already be sold....
Old 10-28-2017, 02:41 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz

GT2RS not limited
Lol

Anyone want to tell him?

Quick Reply: Is this real? GT3 RS -10k under msrp??