Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Experience Center — Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017 | 12:02 PM
ad2330
Racer

Originally Posted by indianam3
The 2RS appears to have the club sport bar in it. Whats with that?
That's correct. It was actually a European car (ZZZ Vin).
Old 12-13-2017 | 02:21 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Can folks that have been at the center confirm the color swatches (frogs) for PTS - is it the full color palette available as listed in the PDF sheet dealers have, or just the most common colors?

Wouldn't mind making a trip to Atlanta if the former, as it would go a long way to select a favorite PTS color when seen in the flesh.
Old 01-19-2018 | 05:04 PM
GTorTT
Burning Brakes

I'm headed to the Experience Center next Friday. Has anyone stayed at the Solis Hotel next door? How about the restaurant?

Thanks for any input!
Old 02-01-2018 | 05:28 PM
GTorTT
Burning Brakes

Well, for what its worth, the PEC in Atlanta is worth the trip. Drove the GT3 and it is amazing. The Solis hotel next to PEC is new and nice. Did not get to check out 356 - maybe next time. Some nice cars in the museum. Lots of cars lined up for delivery.
Old 02-01-2018 | 05:57 PM
ad2330
Racer

Originally Posted by GTorTT
I'm headed to the Experience Center next Friday. Has anyone stayed at the Solis Hotel next door? How about the restaurant?

Thanks for any input!
That is where we stayed. Great hotel. Had lunch in the restaurant and it was quite good. Cold beer after we got done driving didn't hurt anything, either..
Old 02-01-2018 | 08:06 PM
vodavoda
Racer

For those of you referring to the "GT3 Experience", are you talking about the 1.5hr experience? If so, did you feel like you learned/improved your ability and/or understanding of how to improve your ability in regards to driving your GT3? Or was it more just like a fun thing to do with someone else's GT3?
Old 02-02-2018 | 11:00 AM
Body In White
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vodavoda
For those of you referring to the "GT3 Experience", are you talking about the 1.5hr experience? If so, did you feel like you learned/improved your ability and/or understanding of how to improve your ability in regards to driving your GT3? Or was it more just like a fun thing to do with someone else's GT3?
the driving coach will usually ask you if you’ve ever had track time and what you’d like to work on. They’ll then tailor the day to you.
Old 02-02-2018 | 11:02 AM
Body In White
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
Can folks that have been at the center confirm the color swatches (frogs) for PTS - is it the full color palette available as listed in the PDF sheet dealers have, or just the most common colors?

Wouldn't mind making a trip to Atlanta if the former, as it would go a long way to select a favorite PTS color when seen in the flesh.
The most common colors are on the wall, and then there are a draws below the wall the hold a bunch of other color swatches. I don’t know if every conceivable color is there, but I was able to find every color that I looked for.
Old 02-02-2018 | 11:52 AM
GTorTT
Burning Brakes

Having never driven the GT3, but having some track experience, I'd say it was worth it. PEC Atlanta isn't a track, but a "performance circuit". You can get on the car pretty good, and as ryantt said, the instructor will tailor to you. We were passing other GT3's, so it is up to you, your comfort level, and the instructor.

Overall, I'd say it was worth it. skid pad was fun, as was the small circuit of dry, polished pavement where you basically drift the car around corners. So, as to vodavoda's question of did I improve in handling? Yes, you get to toss the car around a bit and push it, but not wide open as we did at the PDS in Birmingham. I really did it just to experience the GT3, as I would like to get one although not currently on a list (yeah, I know). Compared to my TTS and GT4, its in another class. Just on sound alone.

Quick Reply: Porsche Experience Center — Atlanta