Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The official 991.2 GT3 owners pictures thread...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 05:40 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,293 Likes on 681 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
what about carbon fibre interior package?
i was thinking of suggesting the same. Very dark like the leather or black anthracite, but sporty for the track ready GT3.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:47 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Hams955
I picked up my car today. Im excited to get it home!!!

- Chris.
Huge congratulations! The car is a beauty!
GT Silver is a fav of mine.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:47 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 174 Posts

I just don't like it enough to spend a grand on it. If it were free, I'd still prefer the leather option. I've just never been a big fan of carbon fibre as a cosmetic option. If I have CF somewhere, I want it to be because it's lighter and stronger and the best material for the job because racecar. I DO like the idea of getting the wing end plates and the air intakes in nice carbon fibre when they become available, but that's for a later date.

I've asked my SA about CXX for the black aluminum but if the comment above is correct about it being stupid expensive then it's a non-starter. It's my favourite trim for this... but not worth big money and it should be free. I have a feeling my understanding of CXX options may be naive. In my imagination, if you could order it CXX they'd put a special note on the car and when it went down the line, someone would go and get the proper trim (which is freely available since they're making it for other cars like the GTS and Touring Package) and install it in the car.

What I suspect might actually happen is that the car goes down the line and then, later, goes to a special customization shop where they make the CXX changes which would involve disassembling the door panel and re-working it with the new trim. While really sort of silly and unfortunate, if that's the process, then I'd understand the high cost.

So I'm on the fence and, as I see it, I've got three options. Option 1 is to stick with the anthracite aluminum. I'm gonna make it my mission over the next month or so to try to see one in person and decide if I like it.

Option 2 is go to go with leather. Leather gives the same effect as the black aluminum in that it will blend in nicely and effectively disappear. And hey... maybe my key fob won't make a tapping noise as it taps against it when I'm driving.

Option 3 is to go with the painted trim and then later replace the center console trim with something black whether it's aluminum or leather. I still think it's a bit much though with the guards red. But hey... it's a dramatic car... so maybe that's the best option.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:03 AM
spydersmiley
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With my Touring build, I was on the fence between carbon and black aluminium. I finally decided for black aluminium since (1) it's a distinctive feature of the Touring package; (2) the carbon fiber parts are very glossy and stand out quite a bit; and (3) I was not sure whether the trim is real CF or just some plastic with carbon fibre maquette on top, while with the Aluminium I will get the "real" material, not just the look of it.

Last edited by spydersmiley; 11-29-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:05 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Originally Posted by spydersmiley
With my Touring build, I was on the fence between carbon and black aluminium. I finally decided for black aluminium since (1) it's a distrinctive feature of the Touring package; (2) the Carbon fiber parts are very glossy and stand out quite a bit; and (3) I was not sure whether the trim is real CF or just some plastic with carbon fibre maquette on top, while with the Aluminium I will get the "real" material, not just the look of it.
FWIW, the CF is real CF overlayed on the trim pieces. It's not just plastic that sort of looks like CF.

That said... as I'm sure you already know from my earlier posts... I'd absolutely get the black aluminum. It's very nice and exactly what you're describing. I had it in my Boxster and would have it again in a heartbeat.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:09 AM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
I just don't like it enough to spend a grand on it. If it were free, I'd still prefer the leather option. I've just never been a big fan of carbon fibre as a cosmetic option. If I have CF somewhere, I want it to be because it's lighter and stronger and the best material for the job because racecar. I DO like the idea of getting the wing end plates and the air intakes in nice carbon fibre when they become available, but that's for a later date.

I've asked my SA about CXX for the black aluminum but if the comment above is correct about it being stupid expensive then it's a non-starter. It's my favourite trim for this... but not worth big money and it should be free. I have a feeling my understanding of CXX options may be naive. In my imagination, if you could order it CXX they'd put a special note on the car and when it went down the line, someone would go and get the proper trim (which is freely available since they're making it for other cars like the GTS and Touring Package) and install it in the car.

What I suspect might actually happen is that the car goes down the line and then, later, goes to a special customization shop where they make the CXX changes which would involve disassembling the door panel and re-working it with the new trim. While really sort of silly and unfortunate, if that's the process, then I'd understand the high cost.

So I'm on the fence and, as I see it, I've got three options. Option 1 is to stick with the anthracite aluminum. I'm gonna make it my mission over the next month or so to try to see one in person and decide if I like it.

Option 2 is go to go with leather. Leather gives the same effect as the black aluminum in that it will blend in nicely and effectively disappear. And hey... maybe my key fob won't make a tapping noise as it taps against it when I'm driving.

Option 3 is to go with the painted trim and then later replace the center console trim with something black whether it's aluminum or leather. I still think it's a bit much though with the guards red. But hey... it's a dramatic car... so maybe that's the best option.
Here’s a pic, yeah not the best, of the leather trim option if you haven’t seen it. I’m pleased with the way it turned out.
Attached Images  
Old 11-29-2017, 09:34 AM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How would the doors change if one were to not get “full leather” (includes door), but then choose leather covered trim VS. “full leather” with leather covered trim? What else on the door changes?
Old 11-29-2017, 09:39 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Originally Posted by MileHigh911
How would the doors change if one were to not get full leather (includes door), but then choose leather covered trim VS. full leather with leather covered trim? What else on the door changes?
The strips on the doors will be black vinyl if you don't get the full leather interior. It doesn't matter what trim package you get. They'll be black vinyl. Your trim option will only be applied on the dash strips and the center console.

I think I'm going with leather. I know I'll like it... vs. maybe liking the painted trim and maybe always second-guessing it...

Thanks for the pic, @C2Spin!!
Old 11-29-2017, 10:40 AM
Icutyou
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
i was thinking of suggesting the same. Very dark like the leather or black anthracite, but sporty for the track ready GT3.
I like mine a lot! The carbon fiber weave is beautiful and it has a nice gloss. I think it looks perfect with alcantara/leather

Old 11-29-2017, 10:46 AM
Icutyou
Racer

Old 11-29-2017, 10:53 AM
bellatrix
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Icutyou
Same interior as mine - probably not a surprise then when I say, "looks fantastic!"

Let's see some shots of the outside!!!
Old 11-29-2017, 11:01 AM
Icutyou
Racer

Originally Posted by bellatrix
Same interior as mine - probably not a surprise then when I say, "looks fantastic!"

Let's see some shots of the outside!!!
Thanks! Good taste you have, sir. haha.
I have posted a few in this thread but since I love looking at her heres a couple shots.
Love yours in GR by the way. I was between that and this spec when I was getting mine and this one become available so decision was made! haha.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:20 AM
bellatrix
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Icutyou

Thanks! Good taste you have, sir. haha.
I have posted a few in this thread but since I love looking at her heres a couple shots.
Love yours in GR by the way. I was between that and this spec when I was getting mine and this one become available so decision was made! haha.

That looks absolutely stunning. Enjoy!
Old 11-29-2017, 11:48 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts

Beautiful car.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:49 PM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Beauty, enjoy.

Quick Reply: The official 991.2 GT3 owners pictures thread...