Sponsored by:

Custom color for 991.2 gt3 brake calipers

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 03:21 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
My recommendation....Lava Orange would look great with black wheels and black calipers....I have the PCCB yellow and while it does look good if they were black I think they would look that much better.....red is a no go with LO.....save some cash, get steel, and have the calipers painted to the color of your liking....
At smokies there were many types of color combos. I was very surprised, but to me the best looking in real life was lava orange with black wheels and red calipers. Sounds unattractive but in real life was gorgeous.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:08 AM
mclarenmaniac
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 115 Posts

At 13k would pass PTS and opt for PCCB and save 3800 bucks
Old 10-15-2017, 10:04 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
My recommendation....Lava Orange would look great with black wheels and black calipers....I have the PCCB yellow and while it does look good if they were black I think they would look that much better.....red is a no go with LO.....save some cash, get steel, and have the calipers painted to the color of your liking....
Exactly, black callipers with LO Porsche lettering.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:13 AM
mclarenmaniac
Rennlist Member

How important are the sport chrono and extended fuel tank options. I know price wise not much but from resale perspective ..
Old 10-17-2017, 02:44 PM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm not really sure the SC is value for money.
I tried the Porsche Track Precision app last week (which you can even use without the SC as of now apparently), and at first glance there still is no consistent throughput of video and data overlay. So save your money, and get a Harry's laptimer, a RN One (or even better AIM and smartycam says rennlist local "ir_fuel").
I'm not even sure the SC does anything except add the clock and a laptimer.

Extended fuel tank is a no brainer. Less stops at the fuel station on the road. Less stress out on trackdays. And, the real kicker, the cup cars have them too (not the same ones obviously).
Old 10-17-2017, 08:45 PM
mclarenmaniac
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bccars
I'm not really sure the SC is value for money. I tried the Porsche Track Precision app last week (which you can even use without the SC as of now apparently), and at first glance there still is no consistent throughput of video and data overlay. So save your money, and get a Harry's laptimer, a RN One (or even better AIM and smartycam says rennlist local "ir_fuel"). I'm not even sure the SC does anything except add the clock and a laptimer. Extended fuel tank is a no brainer. Less stops at the fuel station on the road. Less stress out on trackdays. And, the real kicker, the cup cars have them too (not the same ones obviously).
Thanks much for your feedback
Old 10-30-2017, 09:46 PM
mclarenmaniac
Rennlist Member

Thanks all.. I finally locked my build today.. Delivery feb/mar time frame.. I never thought my build would include so many options .. Couldn't help

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2TQ3V9
Old 10-30-2017, 09:59 PM
Hams955
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Just a quick perspective note for you...

PCCB's are fantastic on these cars. Once burnished they actually have feedback. The best thing - almost no dust.

I ran my car hard for two days at COTA after my GT4 went down for the gearbox. The wheels were basically clean minus the rubber slag on them.

What you'll love the most is when you clean your car with PCCB's. You wash them off with water and you're done. No crazy hour-long deep clean on the wheels-only. Saving your back and that time will make you smile knowing you opted for PCCB's.

Outside of the aesthetics - they really are nice on track.

- Chris.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:53 AM
mclarenmaniac
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hams955
Just a quick perspective note for you... PCCB's are fantastic on these cars. Once burnished they actually have feedback. The best thing - almost no dust. I ran my car hard for two days at COTA after my GT4 went down for the gearbox. The wheels were basically clean minus the rubber slag on them. What you'll love the most is when you clean your car with PCCB's. You wash them off with water and you're done. No crazy hour-long deep clean on the wheels-only. Saving your back and that time will make you smile knowing you opted for PCCB's. Outside of the aesthetics - they really are nice on track. - Chris.
Thanks .. PCCB now included in my build that was locked yesterday !

Quick Reply: Custom color for 991.2 gt3 brake calipers