Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

000 issue 3 is the best one yet

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 06:50 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

look I am a hoarder too, but this is worth hoarding , throwaway all your old Panos and other mags and just buy this, rip the old magazines articles you want to keep out, make your secretary scan them into a file or get a 17 yo Au Pair from Sweden and have her do it
Old 10-08-2017, 06:52 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
look I am a hoarder too, but this is worth hoarding , throwaway all your old Panos and other mags and just buy this, rip the old magazines articles you want to keep out, make your secretary scan them into a file or get a 17 yo Au Pair from Sweden and have her do it
do what? "
Old 10-08-2017, 07:27 PM
BlueGT3
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 56 Posts

thanks for sharing, just subscribed. If someone could share the 991.2 GT3 article, it would be appreciated.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueGT3
thanks for sharing, just subscribed. If someone could share the 991.2 GT3 article, it would be appreciated.
I think that would breach copyright...
Old 10-08-2017, 07:37 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

So which one won, R or .2?
Old 10-08-2017, 07:53 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
So which one won, R or .2?
Neither, it says you can't go wrong with either
Old 10-09-2017, 12:58 AM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,201 Likes on 579 Posts

A follow-up to my previous remarks, regarding whether S subscribers will get past 2017 issues - meaning if you subscribe in 2017, your year subscription will be for 2017, not for October 2017-October 2018. Here is what 000 customer service had to say:

"Thank you for your subscription.

You will receive all issues for 2017 as we view them as a 'set' for the S subscription. That way when your slipcase comes at the end of the year you have all the issues to fill it up

Your first shipment will include issues 001-003, and that should ship out by the end of this coming week. Issue 004 will come in early December.

Please let me know if I can answer anything else, and thank you for your support."
Old 10-09-2017, 01:22 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,800 Likes on 2,376 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueGT3
WAIT for your mag to show up. its' more than just the article. the quality of the print, paper, etc... it's an experience reading it...
Old 10-09-2017, 09:53 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,321 Likes on 614 Posts

Greetings from Stuttgart!

Beyond thankful to see the enthusiasm for 000, particularly in this forum. Interesting, also, to see some RLers I know well who still didn't know about 000, so we still have work to do on visibility and threads like these really help.

To answer some questions above:

911R/GT3 story
The story is 40-50 pages (iirc), and—like all 000 content—is built to be a print experience. So a scan is not only a copyright violation but would not be very nice to consume. I can see the takeaway from the 911R/GT3 MT story being "either one is great" but for me it was a bit trickier than that—and I think the reader can make a bit of a determination with the info given in the story. My own take: The 911R looks GREAT and drives GREAT, and both cars (with MT) are like splitting hairs in just about every way other than looks. But I would give a slight edge to the new car on engine and handling and noises. It doesn't have the exclusivity of the R, or some of the special materials, etc., but I am more interested in the way a car drives...so cost no object it'd be a GT Silver 991.2 GT3 MT for me.

Ordering back issues
Back issues were not part of the business plan, as bulk storage is a nightmare, but we have some left of each so we do offer them via the Contact Us form. We had to more or less guess how many copies to print and still have to until sales "normalize" and we can determine actual demand vs projections—so we adjust with each issue and got 001 very wrong...it sold out almost immediately. Thus, we are reprinting 000_001 (with a small demarcation to denote it as a second printing) and bring the stock in line with remaining stock of 000_000 and 000_002. Reprints are extremely expensive, so I am not sure whether we will do them again.

Which issue do new subs start with/can I get?
Soft-cover subscriptions start with the most recent issue up to a point, or the next issue if one is imminent. As of today, new subs start with Issue 003. New 000S subscriptions will get issues 001-004 plus the slipcase and gift until we run out of stock. I think we have 70~ of these for 2017 left. We had to guess at demand on these early on, with issue 001, as well. We can always go back and reprint 000S (up to the 999), but these are wildly expensive to make between the binding and the numbered aluminum VIN plate, so that will be an interesting question.

Again, thanks for all the comments...and fwiw I fully approve of food crumbs on 000S, or even pitching soft-cover 000 copies after consuming them. We built 000 for people to enjoy. How they do so is their business.

Last edited by stout; 10-09-2017 at 11:45 AM.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:11 AM
BlueGT3
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
WAIT for your mag to show up. its' more than just the article. the quality of the print, paper, etc... it's an experience reading it...
Right on.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:07 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by stout

Beyond thankful to see the enthusiasm for 000, particularly in this forum. Interesting, also, to see some RLers I know well who still didn't know about 000, so we still have work to do on visibility and threads like these really help.

911R/GT3 story
The story is 40-50 pages (iirc), and—like all 000 content—is built to be a print experience. So a scan is not only a copyright violation but would not be very nice to consume. I can see the takeaway from the 911R/GT3 MT story being "either one is great" but for me it was a bit trickier than that—and I think the reader can make a bit of a determination with the info given in the story. My own take: The 911R looks GREAT and drives GREAT, and both cars (with MT) are like splitting hairs in just about every way other than looks. But I would give a slight edge to the new car on engine and handling and noises. It doesn't have the exclusivity of the R, or some of the special materials, etc., but I am more interested in the way a car drives...so cost no object it'd be a GT Silver 991.2 GT3 MT for me.

Ordering back issues
Back issues were not part of the business plan, as bulk storage is a nightmare, but we have some left of each so we do offer them via the Contact Us form. We had to more or less guess how many copies to print and still have to until sales "normalize" and we can determine actual demand vs projections—so we adjust with each issue and got 001 very wrong...it sold out almost immediately. Thus, we are reprinting 000_001 (with a small demarcation to denote it as a second printing) and bring the stock in line with remaining stock of 000_000 and 000_002. Reprints are extremely expensive, so I am not sure whether we will do them again.

Soft-cover subscriptions start with the most recent issue up to a point, or the next issue if one is imminent. As of today, new subs start with Issue 003. New 000S subscriptions will get issues 001-004 plus the slipcase and gift until we run out of stock. I think we have 70~ of these for 2017 left. We had to guess at demand on these early on, with issue 001, as well. We can always go back and reprint 000S (up to the 999), but these are wildly expensive to make between the binding and the numbered aluminum VIN plate, so that will be an interesting question.

Again, thanks for all the comments...and fwiw I fully approve of food crumbs on 000S, or even pitching soft-cover 000 copies after consuming them. We built 000 for people to enjoy. How they do so is their business.
Pete, when will subscribers (I subscribed a year ago and have received all 4 issues to date; got 003 this morning) receive a renewal notice? Don't want to miss a thing, as the man said
Old 10-09-2017, 12:58 PM
NevB
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by stout

911R/GT3 story

Ordering back issues

I'd be interested in a 000S version of Issue 000 just to match the other 000S issues, if you ever consider it
Old 10-09-2017, 07:46 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by NevB
I'd be interested in a 000S version of Issue 000 just to match the other 000S issues, if you ever consider it
I too would be interested in that!
Old 10-09-2017, 07:48 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Guest89
Pete, when will subscribers (I subscribed a year ago and have received all 4 issues to date; got 003 this morning) receive a renewal notice? Don't want to miss a thing, as the man said
Funny you should ask. I believe the team has the first wave of renewal reminders timed to go out tomorrow....
Old 10-09-2017, 07:53 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NevB
Originally Posted by dark knight
I too would be interested in that!
Have thought about it, and willing to look at it in the future if we sense there's enough demand. May want a twist to keep it visually distinct, and would probably need its own slipcase.

Definitely good to know there are at least two 000S customers interested in such a thing. Perhaps there are more…

Quick Reply: 000 issue 3 is the best one yet