Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are you driving waiting for the Gt3

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 01:20 AM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

^ Yes, what is that? A wooden splitter and a "thing" sticking out of the middle. I hope it has lift, lol.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:38 AM
italiafan
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
you don't have a 599 GTO do you?...that would actually be FTW
Nope..I would love one though..an amazing machine!
Also would love a Speciale Aperta.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:11 PM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Received 385 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
What is that?
Thats James Glickenhous' SCG 003.....you can see it written just above the diffuser.

I wonder if that's his new car?

CAlexio, if you got to drive that I thoroughly hate you

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...-street-legal/

Old 10-07-2017, 01:52 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon_
Thats James Glickenhous' SCG 003.....you can see it written just above the diffuser.

I wonder if that's his new car?

CAlexio, if you got to drive that I thoroughly hate you

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...-street-legal/

Ok, I didn’t delete my post fast enough, damn you were fast Jamie! I probably shouldn’t have posted that, I got zapped with instant “oversharing regret.†Yes, took part in the initial shakedown testing for that car 2weeks ago in Italy, angling for a longer term gig, will explain when/if it happens, I don’t want to jeopardize it. One thing; road-adapted racecars give you downforce even in a roundabout.. hard to explain.. this thing makes a P1 or 918 feel like a fat dying pig. Unreal. And you need ultrasmooth closed-off Italian autostrada sections to open it up properly.. preferably with some long 170 mph sweepers. Just get yourself an airstrip if you buy one! So much to discuss but I can’t yet. My only piece of advice: go buy one directly from jim if you have the $$$ and never buy anything else. Or call me first and I can get you the unobtanium stereo delete package

Oh, and yes, it has lift, and you can’t order without nor should you! I can’t say how I know ;-(

More importantly, and possibly more relevant here and able to be shared, the race car version needs a team to run it this year. If anyone has interest in running a car in VLN European series, there is a team ready and waiting with a fully developed racecar ready to go. That’s All I can say here, PM me you’re interested and able, and I can share further info and connect to the right people. Once in a lifetime gentleman driver opportunity for the man who makes the move.

Here are static pics of the racecar, I just sat in that one, didn’t get to drive it of course, it’s already fully developed. the race car, while a different animal from the road car, if it has any of the same qualities, must be sensational to race.

Sorry for the OT.. back to what to drive while waiting for GT3.
Attached Images    
Old 10-07-2017, 02:16 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 789 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Ok, I didn’t delete my post fast enough, damn you were fast Jamie! I probably shouldn’t have posted that, I got zapped with instant “oversharing regret.†Yes, took part in the initial shakedown testing for that car 2weeks ago in Italy, angling for a longer term gig, will explain when/if it happens, I don’t want to jeopardize it. One thing; road-adapted racecars give you downforce even in a roundabout.. hard to explain.. this thing makes a P1 or 918 feel like a fat dying pig. Unreal. And you need ultrasmooth closed-off Italian autostrada sections to open it up properly.. preferably with some long 170 mph sweepers. Just get yourself an airstrip if you buy one! So much to discuss but I can’t yet. My only piece of advice: go buy one directly from jim if you have the $$$ and never buy anything else. Or call me first and I can get you the unobtanium stereo delete package

Oh, and yes, it has lift, and you can’t order without nor should you! I can’t say how I know ;-(

More importantly, and possibly more relevant here and able to be shared, the race car version needs a team to run it this year. If anyone has interest in running a car in VLN European series, there is a team ready and waiting with a fully developed racecar ready to go. That’s All I can say here, PM me you’re interested and able, and I can share further info and connect to the right people. Once in a lifetime gentleman driver opportunity for the man who makes the move.

Here are static pics of the racecar, I just sat in that one, didn’t get to drive it of course, it’s already fully developed. the race car, while a different animal from the road car, if it has any of the same qualities, must be sensational to race.

Sorry for the OT.. back to what to drive while waiting for GT3.
Good Lord!
Old 10-07-2017, 03:12 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Good Lord!
Yea, 2 of the most “pinch-me†days of my life.. didn’t understand why my face hurt so bad on planeride back to USA until i saw this picture.. permanent-grin syndrome, dangerous condition I’ve heard. But seriously hopefully I gave them good data and feedback, that was the main point.

Last edited by CAlexio; 10-08-2017 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:45 PM
wow_bao
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bought the 993 from a fellow RL member to hold me off while I wait for my May allocation.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:08 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Picking up a 981 Spyder. Afraid I won’t be able to let it go though.

Went to dealer to test drive new 719 Cayman S but was horrified at the terrible exhaust note, which I can only describe as sounding like a 1997 Craftman lawnmower. Also couldn’t seem to engage clutch smoothly; though maybe I was being clumsy.

Then I find this hiding in their back lot, Which they had just taken in and wasn’t advertised. Spyder classic interior with buckets, pretty well loaded even Burmeister audio. Drove it and all I can say is, Ahhhhh. Sounds and drives better than my GT4 did. Looks better doing it too.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:14 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See my avatar
Old 10-09-2017, 11:37 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by Lapis
Picking up a 981 Spyder. Afraid I wonÂ’t be able to let it go though.

Went to dealer to test drive new 719 Cayman S but was horrified at the terrible exhaust note, which I can only describe as sounding like a 1997 Craftman lawnmower. Also couldnÂ’t seem to engage clutch smoothly; though maybe I was being clumsy.

Then I find this hiding in their back lot, Which they had just taken in and wasnÂ’t advertised. Spyder classic interior with buckets, pretty well loaded even Burmeister audio. Drove it and all I can say is, Ahhhhh. Sounds and drives better than my GT4 did. Looks better doing it too.

Buy it. BUY IT.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:28 PM
TheMethLab
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

2018 RS3.
Attached Images  
Old 10-14-2017, 11:54 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Buy it. BUY IT.
Did. Here are a few more (nicer) pics...

Old 10-15-2017, 01:11 AM
BlueGT3
Racer

Received 138 Likes on 55 Posts

Have had the old girlfriend out much more the past month. 10 years of ownership, 35,000 miles
Old 10-21-2017, 05:06 PM
Raghu
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 87 Posts

Sold my 2016 Boxster Spyder with 5600 miles on it 4 weeks ago. Hated to see it go but could not hold on to it any longer with winter approaching fast and my PTS GT3 .2 MT allocation build in January. Couldn't satisfy my MT itch. So made some money off it. Bought a great Mazda Miata MX-5 rag top today to drive in the meanwhile. Got a great price for as well.

Black/Black/Black with Brembo and BBS wheels Club Sport. Love it! Drive it anywhere in town without any worries.

Quick Reply: What are you driving waiting for the Gt3