Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where have the .2 GT3 owners gone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 08:32 AM
karter34
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Came across this review, finally one that talks about road use and has PDK and Manaul comparisons.
Still waiting from current owner review so in the mean time this would be pretty close.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sit...
Old 09-28-2017, 09:26 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,743 Likes on 2,703 Posts

Originally Posted by tstafford
Wasn't paying attn at the time - was the 997.2 GT3 considered a big upgrade (like this one) over the .1? Asked another way, how does the buzz about the .2 now compare to the buzz about the 997.2 GT3?
Yes, the 997.2 was a big deal and a large improvement. The buzz may have been smaller then, since the market for expensive cars was not as super-heated then. I was able to get an (MSRP) 997 RS 4.0 allocation offered to me then without my even asking. Unfortunately, I thought it was irresponsible to spend that much at the time (much more than the current GT3 6 or 7 years ago) and passed it along to another Rennlister...
Old 09-28-2017, 10:58 AM
Med Man
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well mine is parked in front of my house so I'm signing off

Old 09-28-2017, 02:33 PM
bhgt2
Instructor

I've had mine for about 2 weeks.. its my daily driver so I've been getting good seat time.. yet to hit the track though..

The car is an absolute beast.. on the road, going and coming from work, its very sane and comfortable.. easy to drive.. but foot down and it unleashes hell.. it reminds me of my GT2 in that you really shouldn't go WOT on public roads because before you know it you'll be at "go to jail" speed.. The power delivery starts early but above 6k rpm its feels like warp speed to 9k.. its very different from the gt2 but feels just as fast.. my mind isn't used to the 9k rpm range.. by 7.5k my brain expects gears to shift but it just keeps pulling.. and the sound in that range is unlike any car I've driven before.. with the exhaust button on its louder than my GT4 with IPE headers and exhaust..

Sorry for rambling but its just such a visceral car.. I look forward to putting many many miles on it
Old 09-28-2017, 04:02 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bhgt2
I've had mine for about 2 weeks.. its my daily driver so I've been getting good seat time.. yet to hit the track though..

The car is an absolute beast.. on the road, going and coming from work, its very sane and comfortable.. easy to drive.. but foot down and it unleashes hell.. it reminds me of my GT2 in that you really shouldn't go WOT on public roads because before you know it you'll be at "go to jail" speed.. The power delivery starts early but above 6k rpm its feels like warp speed to 9k.. its very different from the gt2 but feels just as fast.. my mind isn't used to the 9k rpm range.. by 7.5k my brain expects gears to shift but it just keeps pulling.. and the sound in that range is unlike any car I've driven before.. with the exhaust button on its louder than my GT4 with IPE headers and exhaust..

Sorry for rambling but its just such a visceral car.. I look forward to putting many many miles on it
Talk about whetting our appetites, thanks for the review. How about some pics sir?
Old 09-28-2017, 04:09 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

I´ve had the privilege of spending a day in the new gt3. Track was a bit damp but still an amazing experince.

Car had PDK box. Engine is very impressive. A big step up from the gen 1 991gt3
Attached Images  
Old 09-28-2017, 04:32 PM
bellatrix
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bhgt2

What a great review! I can't wait!
Old 09-28-2017, 05:10 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 406 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
I´ve had the privilege of spending a day in the new gt3. Track was a bit damp but still an amazing experince.

Car had PDK box. Engine is very impressive. A big step up from the gen 1 991gt3
Amazing picture! Looks like you had a blast.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:13 PM
Gauss
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Med Man
well mine is parked in front of my house so I'm signing off

Anymore photos of the red one, please?
Old 09-28-2017, 05:14 PM
80s
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Ive now done 3100km, one drive to the ring, one other trackday, one slalom.
Its all ive dreamt of. Loud as hell. Fast like nothing ive driven.
The New gt3 is a true weapon!
Really looking forward to doing more trackdays at nordschleife with this lovely thing from Porsche.

Ps yes i would choose pdk and wing once again if i had to choose. But might have gone radio delete, there simply is no reason for having radio in it..
Old 09-28-2017, 05:15 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
Speaking of bubble wrap, on cars.com there's a 997 GT3 RS 4.0 for $750k with 15 miles on the clock.
Ew gross. I don't see that as a premium I see that as a liability. I can see lower than DD miles, not tracking, and only driving when it's good weather I guess, to a point. But that's not good for any car or powertrain. Funny thing is, whoever forks over that insane overpricing for something that is zero real world benefit and only a liability, will likely bubble wrap it so they too can not drive it. Carrera under glass 🙄
Old 09-28-2017, 05:16 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 80s
Really looking forward to doing more trackdays at nordschleife with this lovely thing from Porsche.

Ps yes i would choose pdk and wing once again if i had to choose. But might have gone radio delete, there simply is no reason for having radio in it..
Just out of curiosity, is it louder than the .1 as others have said?
Old 09-28-2017, 05:38 PM
Gauss
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 80s

No radio delete also means no Sat Nav, which you might find useful.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:42 AM
bhgt2
Instructor

Originally Posted by ajag
Talk about whetting our appetites, thanks for the review. How about some pics sir?

Old 09-29-2017, 04:00 AM
80s
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ajag
Just out of curiosity, is it louder than the .1 as others have said?
Ive driven the .1 on two occasions and i find the .2 ALOT louder

Quick Reply: Where have the .2 GT3 owners gone?