Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picture of "Chalk" in the sun...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 07:26 PM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 124 Likes on 71 Posts

Stopped by the dealer today. Overcast here. On the showroom floor (not super bright) there was a new GTS Targa, all black bits in Chalk. The lighting made it hard to tell at first, could have sworn it was NOT Chalk since I hated it on the Panamera so much.

Looked gorgeous. Based on what I saw, it is amazing on a 911, at least with all black bits.

Car was custom/sold so I didn't ask they drag it outside to see what it looked like in that light. I swear it seems like the colors are different--who has seen a Chalk Panamera and 911 side by side?
Old 09-29-2017, 11:01 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 474 Posts

As someone with a Chalk GTS, I've never had a non PTS car look so special. I'm completely in love. COMPLETELY different car on a 911 vs a panamera too.
Old 09-30-2017, 02:37 AM
wwspeeds
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awaiting my 991.2 allocation. If by some miracle, I get PTS, I'm going Mexico or Voodoo. Otherwise, I'm chalk all the way. I've seen it in person at Byers in Columbus on two separate occasions now -- indoors and out. On both a GTS coupe and GTS cab. I had the car out in the sun on a bright day. Looked great; much less "beige" than in the showroom.

I think when there is yellow-tinged light, the car has a tint of brown/yellow. Otherwise, when the light is clear/white/blue, the car looks light grey.

Below is the ad video for the coupe (which is sold). But it's relatively indicative of how it looks in the sun.

I dig it!

same car indoors (I took this picture). Lights are yellowish.

chalk GTS cab outside next to my GT Silver Metallic GT3.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:17 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny2five
I really really want to like this color. Flat greys are usually my favorite color on cars (fashion, slate, nardo, grigio telesto, etc.). But I saw a chalk in the sun for the first time last weekend (on a panamera turbo) and something just wasn't right. I think it's the cream appearance. I'm hoping I will like it more on a GT3.
I saw a second chalk panamera the other day. It was a little more overcast this time. Man did it look nice. My friend agreed, it really did look amazing. And despite, the dull light color, it actually stood out from all the other colors around since it was such a unique color.

So I'm certainly confused by chalk. Thought it was meh the first time, and LOVED it the second time.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:43 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Blame sgroer
Yes, but vote Sgroer Roswell City Council 2017!!! (2018???)
Old 10-06-2017, 03:12 PM
kencollinsjr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sean: I couldn't agree more...I've tried to like it from all the fanfare it's been getting, but it just doesn't do it for me...to blah. More like "grandma's pale inner thigh". Maybe we should stop there?
Old 10-06-2017, 03:19 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 739 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by kencollinsjr
Sean: I couldn't agree more...I've tried to like it from all the fanfare it's been getting, but it just doesn't do it for me...to blah. More like "grandma's pale inner thigh". Maybe we should stop there?
That’s hilarious from a guy with a white car.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:44 PM
kencollinsjr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like white b/c it "pops"...but to each their own. One thing about paint color is certain...everyone has an opinion.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:37 PM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

Looks like a 1977 Chevrolet Caprice Classic color

Quick Reply: Picture of "Chalk" in the sun...