Sponsored by:

Front axle lift less necessary on GT3T?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 06:42 PM
Craigy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Absolutely....but you'll get every penny back on a trade/ sale.....and when the time comes many won't even look at it if it doesn't have the lift.....deal breaker for most....
Definitely a little easier to sell. But I'm not sure if you necessarily get your money back. Generally you don't do well on resale with options, period.

Pretty difficult to demonstrably prove this, such a small market and each sale is an anecdote. I'd imagine a lot of no-lifter cars sell at a little discount compared to market, but I'd imagine this is due to cars without lifter being very light on options in general. Likewise, cars with lifter tend to be more heavily optioned, and probably sell for a little more than average.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:27 PM
Unconscionable
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Are we really discussing resale? Get what you like. There isn't much downside to the lift if you want it, except a small weight penalty, but there isn't much downside to not having it either except some annoying scrapes.

Last edited by Unconscionable; 09-19-2017 at 04:33 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:40 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 170 Posts
Default Is the GT3T front lower than my 2016 Carrera GTS c SPASM?

I think it does help the decision to compare with what we drive now as the OP did with his GT4. It looks like it may be a deeper spoiler and if so I will definitely want the lift. Thoughts?
Old 09-19-2017, 03:49 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mc21
From the photos the front lip of the Touring pkg. and the standard lip looks exactly the same to me? Are we sure the front lip is a different part number?
Evo article on Touring claims that the splitter is shorter.

http://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/911-gt3...-the-next-911r

It has resulted in a shorter front splitter being fitted and beneath the engine and behind the rear bumper there is a bespoke rear diffuser, although this differs compared to the one fitted to the 911 R.
Originally Posted by Lapis
Thanks for input, everyone. While no one has yet provided any objective info about difference in front ground clearance between regular v Touring 991.2 GT3, it does seem unlikely that difference is much, if any, and that I'll probably need it, just as I know I need it on my 991.1 GT3.

But what helps above are the comments comments that a) most want it; and b) no one seems to regret it or have anything negative to say about having it. That is, far more potential buyers on resale would deinfitely want it, and few, if any, would feel negatively about a car has lift.
Its not about ground clearance, its about front overhang and the impact on approach angle.

My 2 cents is that the touring is meant for the road - if you can make it a bit more practical for the street then why not. Approaching petrol station and other driveways at weird angles can be a drag over time.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:25 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Touring is for the road more than track....3k is not a big chunk on a 170k optioned car, get it and you will appreciate it.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:31 PM
johnr265
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 03LX470
Correct
Normally I like to order more options than I need on my P cars but the FL seems like a waste to me especially as it malfunctioned on my GT3 RS with even without using it much!
I had to have mine replaced on my 2011 RS as well (under warranty but still annoying)
Old 09-19-2017, 09:14 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,190 Likes on 473 Posts

doesn't it make sense that if GT3T is a car to drive around in a non-track manner that the lift would be somewhat needed? should be standard
Old 09-19-2017, 11:41 PM
Rallyeporsche
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be taking delivery of my 4th GT3 in November. I have never had the lift for one reason. I would have wasted the $ the firs time I forgot to use it!
Old 09-20-2017, 02:45 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

I looked under the front end at Frankfurt and was surprised how much of the painted bumper was exposed underneath. Protected by the front lip that was about 1cm lower at most. Definitely keeping the lift on my order.

The car looked much better in person than in photos to me; especially the rear end. Biggest disappointment was the plastic engine cover after you pop the lid in back.

As far as the general public was concerned; the line to sit in the 2RS was 3x as long and the buckets in both were heavily worn on the bolsters after just a couple days of the show.

Quick Reply: Front axle lift less necessary on GT3T?