Sport Chrono on 991.2 Manual Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 09:42 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by Footsoldier
I don't think so..?

I asked about this a lot before I bought it, as didn't want to have to use auto-blipping just to get sport mode benefits.
I'm sorry, I think you're correct, I was confused. It's the suspension button which affects the rigidity of engine mounts on R and GT3. The sport button is the throttle mapping and maybe the radiator (gt4 sport button worked that way). Hope I didn't add confusion.
Old 09-17-2017, 06:09 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 101 Posts

Yes...and because of holidays and the need for new tyres I've not driven it for 4 weeks. Major withdrawal symptoms!
Any update or did you not get around to it this weekend?
Old 09-17-2017, 06:31 AM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes... picked car up yesterday from getting tires fitted.
drove out of garage, switched all the systems off, sport on. Attacked the first bend to make sure it blipped on change-down, In the rain, on brand new tires, no TC or ESP...biggest oversteer 'moment' I've ever had in the car! Brain fade, thinking about this thread!

so, yes, it blips in all modes, with Sport button pressed...
I'm still sure that's all the sport button does on R at least. No throttle map change etc, just the blip. (That's possibly the last time I'll press the button).
Old 09-17-2017, 08:24 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 101 Posts

Yes... picked car up yesterday from getting tires fitted.
drove out of garage, switched all the systems off, sport on. Attacked the first bend to make sure it blipped on change-down, In the rain, on brand new tires, no TC or ESP...biggest oversteer 'moment' I've ever had in the car! Brain fade, thinking about this thread!

so, yes, it blips in all modes, with Sport button pressed...
I'm still sure that's all the sport button does on R at least. No throttle map change etc, just the blip. (That's possibly the last time I'll press the button).
Interesting they changed it, on my 911 50 when you put all systems off it would not do auto blip even when in sport plus

Thank you for clarifying stay safe!
Old 09-21-2017, 02:28 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

Pretty sure Porsche reads RL because they fixed the configurator.

Analog and digital chronograph - a chronometer installed on top of the dashboard can be used for timing laps, and can be configured as a clock when not actively used as a stopwatch.
Preparation for Lap Trigger - factory wiring located under the vehicle center console supports installation of the Lap Trigger available from Porsche Tequipment. The Lap Trigger provides precise, automatic measurement of lap times.

A clock and a lap time trigger wiring is all chrono is.

Now what does model designation delete, delete on a touring?
Old 09-21-2017, 04:38 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
Interesting they changed it, on my 911 50 when you put all systems off it would not do auto blip even when in sport plus

Thank you for clarifying stay safe!
Different cars, different setups. GT3 doesn't have sport plus button, neither does the R. They haven't changed it

Quick Reply: Sport Chrono on 991.2 Manual Transmission