Sponsored by:

Just Seen Some Colours

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 07:37 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,594 Likes on 2,339 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
Wanted to report that after seeing some Porache colours personally I want to have as many gt3 as many colours they are offered in.
But joking aside I went to see Miami Blue and Chalk in person.
MB is an amazing colour. Full stop.
I believe people with bad comments about this colour have never seen it in person.

There is not a single picture on the Internet that would justice this fantastic paint nor presents it as it looks.
Folks hesitating just pull the trigger! You won't regret.
All that fuzz about green hue domination is utter bs or I am blind. I am on the other hand not so sure I would like to have a colour that can be seen from a hundred miles away. It really pops!
My other option is chalk. The problem was the car in that colour (Panamera) was parked in a corner of the show room and under artificial light exhibited quite a lot of beige. It's not there I was told under natural light and looks straight cement. I need to check it out.
Anyway MB with satin black wheels, yellow calipers and some black decals is going to be a killer.
I have ... its way too too GREEN for me, not at all like either Riviera or Mexico.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:42 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by johnny2five
OP, did you see Miami Blue in the showroom or outside in the sun?

I'm guessing in the showroom because of your comment about the green hue. I liked the color in the showroom, but hated it in the sun mainly because of the amount of green hue. Color is such a personal thing so some people may love it in the showroom and sun, but point is, you definitely need to see it in different lighting to properly judge for yourself

Haven't seen chalk in person (other than a small paint sample), but I'd imagine it to be very lighting dependent in appearance.
This is SO true, I looked at the sample under artificial light in the dealership and it looked very much like Riviera, then I went outside and saw a Targa 4S and a Cayman in full direct sunlight ...

B A R F!!! ... its so GREEN
Old 09-14-2017, 07:46 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only inside but not too much artificial light. Maybe I am colour blind as my wife is and the salesman. Happy to be in this case
That makes all the difference in the world. If you don't see the car in direct sunlight, it's impossible to judge the color.

First time I saw MB was in a showroom next to a big glass window from the outside. Initial reaction was...wow Mexico or Riviera!

Second time I saw MB was on a car in the parking lot. First, second and last impression was...ew so much green. A lot of that has to do with personal taste of course...I dream of owning a Mexico blue car but I know people who hate Mexico Blue. Point is, lighting makes a big difference on this color moreso than your standard white, yellow, etc.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:57 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by johnny2five
That makes all the difference in the world. If you don't see the car in direct sunlight, it's impossible to judge the color.

First time I saw MB was in a showroom next to a big glass window from the outside. Initial reaction was...wow Mexico or Riviera!

Second time I saw MB was on a car in the parking lot. First, second and last impression was...ew so much green. A lot of that has to do with personal taste of course...I dream of owning a Mexico blue car but I know people who hate Mexico Blue. Point is, lighting makes a big difference on this color moreso than your standard white, yellow, etc.
ditto!
Old 09-15-2017, 08:40 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 239 Likes on 139 Posts

Carry some color cards with you if you want to shoot in a showroom.. It helps to get a sense of the true color.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:42 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Two photos of MB. Chalk as a reference. Outside in direct sun reflection and just outside. Colour in trhe first photo is plain. It really pops and is very crispy. Made almost my choice although still need to see GT3 in chalk. The chalk on the other hand lost its beige hue in these conditions. Also a great choice.

P.S. the first photo is just a touch too green as it is in reality. That hue is also seen on chalk. Would say that the true colour is represented by the second photo mostly upper right corner although it gets more dark in less direct sun light.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:07 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 175 Likes on 100 Posts

I was just at the dealer and saw the following colors

- racing yellow
- lava orange
- miami blue
- gt silver
- graphite blue metallic

There were all on caymans and boxsters. My favorite out of the top 5 was for sure GBM. I wanted to check chalk in person but they did not have it in the showroom.

I also saw a carmine red but that was on a macan and cayenne so not a fair comparison.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:15 PM
DuckieRS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not the best comparison because of the reflection from the lamp overhead (taken at IAA last friday)...

Old 09-18-2017, 04:44 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 275 Likes on 116 Posts

^ These samples are precisely why it's necessary to see the colors on an actual car in differing light conditions. In this sample, Miami looks similar to both other blues.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:51 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mass27
^ These samples are precisely why it's necessary to see the colors on an actual car in differing light conditions. In this sample, Miami looks similar to both other blues.
+1
Old 09-18-2017, 10:54 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

I agree with the O.P.. MB is a great looking color and I have seen it in the shade, sun, and showroom.

The problem is it pops more than red and one will certainly not go unnoticed.

Just would be too much attention on the GT3 for me.- Plus my Wife hates it but that is secondary
Old 09-24-2017, 10:14 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts

GT silver the forgotten colour. Remember the days when this was a special colour with the biggest premium?

Im touring and switching between black, chalk and Gt Silver.. This fellow renlisters 911R reminded me why I can ignore it.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:52 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know what is wrong with this colour. Saw 911 on a grey cloudy day. Was inhaling it for a good 15 min.
MB was dark and dull. Very turquoise. The car was badly wrapped with clear bra. Maybe that was the reason.

I am back at the wall. Think will go with boring but always classy white.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:15 PM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow, that R looks nice.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:23 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Two photos of MB. Chalk as a reference. Outside in direct sun reflection and just outside. Colour in trhe first photo is plain. It really pops and is very crispy. Made almost my choice although still need to see GT3 in chalk. The chalk on the other hand lost its beige hue in these conditions. Also a great choice.

P.S. the first photo is just a touch too green as it is in reality. That hue is also seen on chalk. Would say that the true colour is represented by the second photo mostly upper right corner although it gets more dark in less direct sun light.
Love the fabric in that shirt!

Quick Reply: Just Seen Some Colours