Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Cage

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017 | 03:41 PM
Earlierapex
Three Wheelin'

Default Full Cage

Anyone know of a vendor with experience installing a full cage in a 991 GT3? I'm assuming there's not an "off the shelf" full cage at this point (only half cage behind seats)?

Thank you.
Old 09-08-2017 | 09:52 PM
batmanm3
Racer

Manthey Racing has one...
from a for sale thread recently:

Old 09-08-2017 | 10:58 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Club Sport cars can't get it, we in the US can not.
Old 09-12-2017 | 11:20 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Front cage can be ordered via Porsche Motorsport. .2GT3 allready has the cutouts in carpets where the hardware is to bolt it on. Not road legal though.
Old 09-12-2017 | 11:53 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by batmanm3
Manthey Racing has one...
from a for sale thread recently:

Are you sure this is full cage? It should run along A pillar and be bolted somewhere closer to the front axle imho.
Old 09-12-2017 | 12:57 PM
Brainofjjj
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by qbix
Are you sure this is full cage? It should run along A pillar and be bolted somewhere closer to the front axle imho.
Yeah i wouldn't install this in my car. Hardly any side protection and the front bar doesn't follow the A pillar close enough.
Old 09-12-2017 | 01:34 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Originally Posted by Brainofjjj
Yeah i wouldn't install this in my car. Hardly any side protection and the front bar doesn't follow the A pillar close enough.
You don't get a cage for side protection unless you are going racing and putting nascar door bars in. Cages are for the most part roll over protection, and though this doesn't look like the stoutest example, it does look like it would help. We also can't see what is going on in the rear of the car. Unless you are going to pull the dash and cut/notch everything to get the A pillar bars to fit closely, this is about as good as you will get.
Old 09-12-2017 | 01:45 PM
Brainofjjj
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by misterwaterfall
You don't get a cage for side protection unless you are going racing and putting nascar door bars in. Cages are for the most part roll over protection, and though this doesn't look like the stoutest example, it does look like it would help. We also can't see what is going on in the rear of the car. Unless you are going to pull the dash and cut/notch everything to get the A pillar bars to fit closely, this is about as good as you will get.
Well YOU might not get one for side protection but I sure would. I don't see the point of putting all this in unless you're going to do it right. I've seen plenty of examples of side entry at the track, far more than rolling. To each his own, not trying to start an argument with an internet stranger.

Quick Reply: Full Cage