Sponsored by:

My GT3 dream just became a nightmare.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 02:56 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 633 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
^^absolutely this. no way in hell you would have gotten that allocation back without calling them out in front of their customer base
Exactly. They ran the numbers in their head on how much money they were losing through lost future customers by not addressing the situation and made the right business choice.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:57 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,378 Likes on 837 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
^^absolutely this. no way in hell you would have gotten that allocation back without calling them out in front of their customer base
+1

I too call BS on that. Typical management spin. Somebody pointed it out to her, maybe even this RL thread. They know your name and what you bought and service history. Somebody tried to kiss a$$ and the threat of PCNA possibly questioning a named allocation cancellation forced their hand. Watch them spin it again in regards to rep. Hopefully they are smart enough to realize it takes 10 attaboys for each awe ****.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:24 PM
SKY57
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JRidge
She apologized profusely and said she had originally signed off on letting her dad have the car and cancelling my order because she didn't think to find out more about the customer. Her initial thought was that I could be a flipper or some other unknown quantity who might not follow thru on the deal anyway.
If I'm reading this straight, it sounds like:
- 'oh my dad needs a car, lets cancel this guy's order.'
- 'He looks like a flipper. Why is that? Why do I care?'
- 'Oh $hit this guy is posting everywhere, let's give his car back to him and find another guy to mess up with'

The part that she thinks you are a flipper given your purchasing and service history sounds like purely BS to me.

Anyways, congrats on the allocations. Who cares about these liar as long as you can get the car you want.
If this happens to me though, I will never deal with them again.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:58 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SKY57
If I'm reading this straight, it sounds like:
- 'oh my dad needs a car, lets cancel this guy's order.'
- 'He looks like a flipper. Why is that? Why do I care?'
- 'Oh $hit this guy is posting everywhere, let's give his car back to him and find another guy to mess up with'

The part that she thinks you are a flipper given your purchasing and service history sounds like purely BS to me.

Anyways, congrats on the allocations. Who cares about these liar as long as you can get the car you want.
If this happens to me though, I will never deal with them again.
Even if he was a flipper, how does reneging on a contract with build submitted and deposit received make any sense? As a business, you honor your work and your contracts. Scumbag move all around IMO, even worse that they were pulling it for themselves. I could at least wrap my head around them pulling it to give to some client who buys 5 cars a year or something.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:10 PM
Burren
Burning Brakes

Received 549 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by misterwaterfall
Even if he was a flipper, how does reneging on a contract with build submitted and deposit received make any sense? As a business, you honor your work and your contracts. Scumbag move all around IMO, even worse that they were pulling it for themselves. I could at least wrap my head around them pulling it to give to some client who buys 5 cars a year or something.
Yup. Flipper, loyal customer, rich guy, or a janitor; shouldn't matter. They made a contract and then skipped out. The reasons are BS, through and through. Had this not gone public, they would have had zero remorse and given zero f*cks.

It's bad business and this is back-peddling at it's finest.

However, at least you get your car now.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:25 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,079 Likes on 2,331 Posts

Originally Posted by Gtsilvergt4
I am in the same boat as my V200 allocation was taken away reportedly by Porsche a couple of weeks ago. I have had a $5000 deposit down for over a year and was number one on my dealers list. I just sent an inquiry to PCNA and I will update on their response.
This is a very low volume dealer and I was told both of their allocations were taken away except maybe their PTS one which is understandably going to their best client.
Oh that's interesting, did they tell you why the took those allocations away from the dealer?
Old 08-24-2017, 04:34 PM
CDinSing
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 75 Posts

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt but if your salesperson was involved in the discussion, he knew you and sounds like he would have painted you as a loyal repeat customer, not a flipper. Assuming he is a good guy, since he was pissed off enough to leave, someone else chose to ignore that input. Was it the salesmanager not relaying that to the PM or the PM herself? Who knows but the excuse is BS.

Anyway, glad it worked out for you!
Old 08-24-2017, 04:35 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,223 Likes on 479 Posts

so happy for you this was resolved. its crazy whats happening with these GT cars. at this point I'm almost nervous when I show up for ED in Leipzig in just 6 weeks that my car won't be there! "Oh, nobody told you?"
Old 08-24-2017, 04:41 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

This thread, the response to it, and our disbelief to the letter shows how ****ty Porsche is handling its CRM. zero trust and variable business practices by dealers,just fear of internet retribution causes them to behave. Sad story, except for the final outcome where I'm very happy for the OP.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:07 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

The Dealership did the right thing and I believe they need to be forgiven and move on.

Yes- bone-head on their part but all should be forgiven.

We have all done stupid things but the hardest thing to to apologize and make things right. I have respect for the Owner admitting it was her mistake and she made it right.

I would do business with them because in the end- She cared enough.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:27 PM
JRidge
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Dealership did the right thing and I believe they need to be forgiven and move on.

We have all done stupid things but the hardest thing to to apologize and make things right. I have respect for the Owner admitting it was her mistake and she made it right.

Pretty much sums up how I feel.

Forgive, but don't forget. Trust, but verify.

Obviously I'm happy it worked out. But I won't soon forget how I was treated either. Regardless of her motives, the President made it right and that's enough for me, for now.
I still think there is value in trying to salvage/maintain a good relationship with my local dealer. On the other hand, if there is a next time, I'd probably be more inclined to shop around.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:27 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D

+1
Old 08-24-2017, 05:32 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D

+1

It's obviously a scarce commodity, and in the end you're getting one, so all's well that ends well.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:56 PM
CobaltCr
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

You should flip it to her father for sale price +20k
Old 08-24-2017, 09:18 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is how I like to hear endings. Congrats to the OP. Well deserved. Props to her for making things the way they should've been from the beginning.

Quick Reply: My GT3 dream just became a nightmare.