Sponsored by:

PDE Atlanta Turbo versus GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 12:09 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 784 Likes on 569 Posts
Default PDE Atlanta Turbo versus GT3

I am amazed how different the cars really are expecting them to be different, but not that much. Did the Experience challenge in Atlanta....

Comparison takeaways - both great cars, and really both comfortable...

Turbo feels like being catapulted to speed w/launch control

GT 3 feels like being shoved from behind with major force w/launch control

Turbo - not as precise in steering and body roll evident with aggressive moves

GT 3 - precise and frankly responds to driver input immediately - liked the steering much better - tighter all the time any mode.....exhaust noise is intoxicating....loud for everyday, but only when you get on it.....

I was much better driver at speed and handling with all tests in the GT 3 without even trying.....drifting was a blast too on the wet skid pad...

I will be buying a GT 3 as this car will be a weekend car only, have 2014 Cayenne GTS V8 for DD and a 95 993 cab for open air and manual fun...

I would not want to miss a shift with the GT3, so PDK is it with the paddles giving me more control IF EVEN NEEDED.......

I will wait for the .2, as I lived through the 996 IMS class action suit poor engineering thing and I am also cautious about pre-owned GT 3 .1 with premature top end wear as noted on this forum - local dealer has had 10% of the cars effected at minimum - too high for me.....Porsche will not admit to mistakes because the "Germans might not be right, but they are never wrong"......having worked for German companies for over 15 years.........
Old 08-05-2017, 12:40 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,086 Likes on 622 Posts

I got to drive the RS and Turbo S back to back at Barber (PSDS Masters). Your take on them was the same as mine. The Turbo S almost teleports from corner to corner but the RS is so much more precise in the corner itself.

I can see where a Turbo S would be an amazing DD.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:48 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 784 Likes on 569 Posts

I guess the turbo S could be the alternative if I can't get the allocation.....I would go about 3 years old and less than 15K miles CPO....

Quick Reply: PDE Atlanta Turbo versus GT3