Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 07:10 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,373 Likes on 635 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
My dealer has promised me an answer within the next few days regarding whether I'm likely to get one and pricing, which is all I can ask for. Simply want to know if I should move on or not.
We are getting another round of confirmed allocation soon as a dealer body. No idea what percentage of allocations (total out of 1000's globally) are handed out or how far in the future they put them. I can with Macan and Panamera spec out December builds right now.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:40 PM
Catorce
Banned

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

CJ if it is any consolation I told my wife today when we buy again we are buying from you. Your forum posts and transparency have really swayed me over the local (to me) fools. Thanks for trying hard, it has been noticed.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:10 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 814 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
^^ Peter,

Same here.
How is the 350 holding up?

The new Camaro is a up roven contenter, but the lichter Corvettes dont give me much hope.
AMG GTR maybe?

But otherwise besides GT Porsche, what are the strong track proven cars that don't need mods?

McLaren has a ways to go.
Fiat and Lambo have proven to often they're not track worthy.
So far so good. Gonna flog it next weekend. 3 tracks in 3 days, CMS, AMP, and Memphis. Still running stock pads with Motul 660, the pads work well but only good for 2 to 3 days depending on the track. Probably going to Ferodos for the next set. Love the 5 lugs no CL BS.

A buddy just got a SS 1LE and loving it for $40k. I am going to get a chance to flog it in a couple of weeks. Still don't like the lack of rear visibility

Peter
Old 08-06-2017, 08:48 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
We are getting another round of confirmed allocation soon as a dealer body. No idea what percentage of allocations (total out of 1000's globally) are handed out or how far in the future they put them. I can with Macan and Panamera spec out December builds right now.
Yeah, he insinuated that they expected a few allocations within the next couple of days. Sounded somewhat optimistic about getting my name on one, but who knows and who knows on pricing. They sold all their GT4s at an ADM, so could very well be I get an allocation, but they want over for it and I walk away.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:26 PM
SKY57
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL to Toronto .1 GT3 RS flippers. Good job.
You don't need excuse for this.
It's all about demand and supply.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:00 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Catorce
CJ if it is any consolation I told my wife today when we buy again we are buying from you. Your forum posts and transparency have really swayed me over the local (to me) fools. Thanks for trying hard, it has been noticed.
Transparency and honesty are in my opinion the most important.

It lets you know where you stand.

Based on expected allocations and my buying history am I in a good position getting a car? What we all want to hear is Yes thank you for being such a great local customer over the years and the chances will be very good and we will keep you posted. No deposit required.

What can I do to improve my chances i.e. what else do I need to buy?
How much do I need to pay i.e. ADM? Just be honest if that is how you will conduct business (not arguing right or wrong) although I personally am against it

Or odds are really really low so we are not going to take your deposit hold it for 2+years knowing the car will never be available.
Decreased odds as the #s become even tighter as the stakes are raised i.e. GT2RS or actual numbered cars and the 918 USA VIP program. Personally don't mind being told sorry can't get an allocation for you on that one John these "other" guys have purchased XY&Z from us and that was only in the last few months LOL. Sometimes you have to be happy and blessed with what you have however I and most here would feel bad if we were unfairly passed over (this is tricky as it may not always be so obvious)

The worst of the bad guys are the ones (both dealerships and individual salespeople) that just string people along.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:06 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Good luck to all you guys. I'm just going to enjoy my RS and drive the crap out of it till the wheels falls off. I will watch this show from the sideline .........mama told me never to ask someone to take my money. (:-
Old 08-08-2017, 02:53 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

JPMD you are right- as far as I know we stopped taking deposits at a certain point because we literally had zero chance of fulfilling the list entirely as it was.

That has zero to do with my desire but 100% to do with how many cars Porsche will give me.

Remember the Gt3 is easy to sell so Porsche sprinkles them as treats to their best friends aka the Big Volume Boys.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:54 AM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

JPMD you are right- as far as I know we stopped taking deposits at a certain point because we literally had zero chance of fulfilling the list entirely as it was.

That has zero to do with my desire but 100% to do with how many cars Porsche will give me.

Remember the Gt3 is easy to sell so Porsche sprinkles them as treats to their best friends aka the Big Volume Boys.
Good morning CJ - How would you prefer for PCNA to distribute the allocations such that it's fair for everyone? You got 1 allocation, is that right?
Old 08-13-2017, 01:37 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 337 Likes on 172 Posts

You could learn to appreciate this practice if the stated intentions of others here on Rennlist make you the newest member of "Big Volume Boy" club.

As an update to an earlier post, anyone know if Porsche released any new GT3 allocations as hinted at last week?

Sprinkles anyone?
Old 08-13-2017, 01:46 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Good morning CJ - How would you prefer for PCNA to distribute the allocations such that it's fair for everyone? You got 1 allocation, is that right?
c-Whale---- perhaps you read negative connotations into every statement. CJ simply explained how PCNA distributes the GT3 allocations. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:41 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by WernerE
You could learn to appreciate this practice if the stated intentions of others here on Rennlist make you the newest member of "Big Volume Boy" club.

As an update to an earlier post, anyone know if Porsche released any new GT3 allocations as hinted at last week?

Sprinkles anyone?
Werner- i bought a store that sold 105 new cars in 2016. It will never be "Big Boys Club" because Beverly Hills etc has a 1200 car a year head start. But that's ok. I know my place in the world and can run a responsibly productive store with what I have. My goal is 250/yr by 2023.

FWIW I call the "Big Boys Club" any store moving 500+ units a year which covers about 50-60 stores nationwide and is made up 50% of Penske, AutoNation (wah wah) and a few other really well run stores (Like Circle, Park Place)
Old 08-14-2017, 03:46 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
3 actually in the first round. 1 and then two "on top" - we are waiting to see if the next round increases. If not, we will start calling and giving our 20-25 local guys the bad news- that they will not be able to get an MSRP car from me due to insufficient allocations.

Sucks for those guys, you know, since they live near our store and the other dealers are all charging ADM and 3+ hours away.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:21 AM
dave w
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

yes, new allocations came out today.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:26 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,079 Likes on 2,331 Posts

I hope the good guys like CJ got more than in the first rounds.

Quick Reply: Best excuse for 2018 GT3 in-stock at Porsche dealer