Seat swap question

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 12:15 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts
Default Seat swap question

Does anyone know if 991 (in particular a GT3) comes with the plugs for heated/ventilated seats if you order LWBs? How about if you order it with Sofas? Does 18 way v. 4 way matter? I know you would need to swap in the control panel for the heat/ventilated too so how about the switch connectors there?

I have delusions of having mismatched driver (LWB) and passenger 4 way heated/ventilated and want to see if that would work.

How about just dropping in non-heated ventilated 4 ways for an LWB seat?

Basically are 991 seats interchangeable and, if so, what to what and are the limitations or parameters? Someone must know.

TYIA
Old 08-01-2017, 06:19 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Does anyone know if 991 (in particular a GT3) comes with the plugs for heated/ventilated seats if you order LWBs? How about if you order it with Sofas? Does 18 way v. 4 way matter? I know you would need to swap in the control panel for the heat/ventilated too so how about the switch connectors there?

I have delusions of having mismatched driver (LWB) and passenger 4 way heated/ventilated and want to see if that would work.

How about just dropping in non-heated ventilated 4 ways for an LWB seat?

Basically are 991 seats interchangeable and, if so, what to what and are the limitations or parameters? Someone must know.

TYIA
I've read in other seat threads in this and the GT4 forum that the LWBs and 4-ways are interchangeable, but not the 18-ways due to wiring on cars originally ordered with the 4-ways or LWBs.

No GT3 is offered with ventilated seats. At a recent custom tailoring meeting with Porsche Exclusive I asked if I could get ventilated seats and the answer was a flat "no" because it requires different wiring which is beyond the scope of Porsche Exclusive to change. So no, I don't think it would be possible (or straightforward anyway) to install a ventilated seat of any kind in a 991 GT3.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:36 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,085 Likes on 621 Posts

FWIW - Unless you're really in to the LWBs if you're going to go through the effort of swapping seats periodically I'd spec the car with 18-way and buy better race seats. The LWBs are awesome if they're your only seats but if you're going to the trouble, you can do much, much better aftermarket.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:10 PM
toddjude
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone have any info on going from LWBS to 18-way? I am going to pull my LWBS out for 18-way and I have read that the wiring harness might need to be changed and I've read that they drop right in. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2020, 05:05 PM
redantporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone have any info on going from LWBS to 18-way? I am going to pull my LWBS out for 18-way and I have read that the wiring harness might need to be changed and I've read that they drop right in. Any insight would be appreciated.
Did you ever get an answer on this?

Last edited by redantporsche; 10-24-2020 at 05:05 PM. Reason: change of text
Old 10-25-2020, 11:00 AM
toddjude
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by redantporsche
Did you ever get an answer on this?
no... got close to buying some 18ways but the seller sold them locally. Then I sold the car haha. My next touring will have 18 ways.

Quick Reply: Seat swap question