Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dodge Viper runs 7:03 at the Nurburgring

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Snakebit10
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

One of the coolest street cars ever made regardless of brand. Too bad they killed it. It had everything you need except the power to fully exploit its massive down force. Imagine it with new ZR1 levels power. The Ring exposed its underpowered nature vs df and yet it still did a 7:01/7:03 on what are basically warm up laps compared to what mfgs are able to do with multiple days, multiple back to back laps to get the final lap time etc. Got to respect the non-factory effort. Nice way to memorialize the attempt with this video.

Did Porsche do something like this video with the GT2 RS? Would love to see that one if there is one. What an absolute beast of a car. That 6:47 will stand for some time. I don't think even the ZR1 will beat that. Simply monstrous.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:35 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Snakebit10
One of the coolest street cars ever made regardless of brand. Too bad they killed it. It had everything you need except the power to fully exploit its massive down force. Imagine it with new ZR1 levels power. The Ring exposed its underpowered nature vs df and yet it still did a 7:01/7:03 on what are basically warm up laps compared to what mfgs are able to do with multiple days, multiple back to back laps to get the final lap time etc. Got to respect the non-factory effort. Nice way to memorialize the attempt with this video.

Did Porsche do something like this video with the GT2 RS? Would love to see that one if there is one. What an absolute beast of a car. That 6:47 will stand for some time. I don't think even the ZR1 will beat that. Simply monstrous.
There is a video of the gt2rs lap on YouTube. Quite different from the Viper attempt. I loved the ACR video. David against Goliath.
Porsche and the other big boy manufacteurs closes down the ring for a day or two. It’s about 90000 USD/ day. If you look at the videos of Huracan and gt2rs you´ll see its either early mornings or late evening efforts.

Viper crew gave it all they had and came up just short of the magic number. But, I still salute the effort. Such a cool car.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:00 PM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It'll stand until the 992 GT2. Nobody else has rear engine traction. Fifty years later, still a game changer.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:22 AM
Boba Fett
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

totally agree

Quick Reply: Dodge Viper runs 7:03 at the Nurburgring