Sponsored by:

Wonderful news from my dealer!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 04:00 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,529 Likes on 5,056 Posts

And here I thought from the title of the post that PCNA was bringing back the juice bars at dealerships.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:11 PM
enzo101
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Congrats. I am in a similar boat (a 2019 in the PTS window would be fine with me) as I am on the list and would get one early 19 maybe late 18. Doing all I can to move up up up ADM is fine.
man it's such a pain in the ***. That's why I like direct to customer sales like Tesla.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:12 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Post the link, you can still turn this thread around.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:27 PM
enzo101
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Post the link, you can still turn this thread around.
I was going to but after the other thread I posted and how this one started I'd rather not take anymore ****.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:39 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
Old 07-25-2017, 04:45 PM
RadDoc24
Advanced

Seriously, calm down people. This is a place where we all can enjoy and discuss without BS. So if someone is genuinely excited about the "potential" of being up for an allocation lets support him/her. We have all been there and know the feeling when you hear positive news from "your" Porsche guys. Yes the news may not be legit but it doesn't mean he isn't on the radar for an allocation when they do get one.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:50 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

He did get a cookie..
Old 07-25-2017, 04:51 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Here's how I understand enzo101's position. It is quite similar to mine, except that I have the potential to have mine sooner.

Most dealers have an idea of how many allocations they will get based on their past history. So, let's say enzo101 is #10 on his dealers list. Based on their estimate on allocations, their 10th allocation will come sometime late 2018. If the dealer holds true to their word and doesn't sell the 10th allocation to someone else for an additional $10K bribe that we euphemistically call ADM, chances are enzo101 WILL get the car. Based on enzo's experience with his dealer, it sounds like hthey will honor their word IF they get a 10th allocation. I'd say his chances are pretty good.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:53 PM
enzo101
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RadDoc24
Seriously, calm down people. This is a place where we all can enjoy and discuss without BS. So if someone is genuinely excited about the "potential" of being up for an allocation lets support him/her. We have all been there and know the feeling when you hear positive news from "your" Porsche guys. Yes the news may not be legit but it doesn't mean he isn't on the radar for an allocation when they do get one.
I appreciate it man! Thank you.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:55 PM
enzo101
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Palting
Here's how I understand enzo101's position. It is quite similar to mine, except that I have the potential to have mine sooner.

Most dealers have an idea of how many allocations they will get based on their past history. So, let's say enzo101 is #10 on his dealers list. Based on their estimate on allocations, their 10th allocation will come sometime late 2018. If the dealer holds true to their word and doesn't sell the 10th allocation to someone else for an additional $10K bribe that we euphemistically call ADM, chances are enzo101 WILL get the car. Based on enzo's experience with his dealer, it sounds like he will, indeed, get the car IF they get a 10th allocation. I'd say his chances are pretty good.
that's exactly where I'm at. They have a list of people and somewhere around 8th where I'm at. I believe they've gotten 3 a year for the 991.1 GT3s. I'm hopeful yes but know that it may not happen.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:59 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Good luck OP. Hope you get the one you want.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:00 PM
enzo101
Intermediate

Originally Posted by robmypro
Good luck OP. Hope you get the one you want.
thanks!
Old 07-25-2017, 05:14 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Enzo101, i think I know the answer to why the dealer gave you seemingly confusing info, and no, you weren't just given a bag of goods so you would just go away. Your dealer means well, they all do, their only focus is to make every customer feel happy and successful. I think he just got the car name wrong. I think he will indeed have, and consequently give to you, the option to spec a manual transmission for the GT3, and he will definitely have allocations for 2019 and possibly 2020. He just meant it was a manual gt3RS, which explains the delay and vagueness.. he just couldn't open up to you just yet about it's confirmed availability or all his annoying "regulars" would have come knocking down his door. #undesirable

Look, Don't let these fools here ruffle your feathers. We love you man, Look, you're past the hazing period, you made it, you got your allocation, no more jokes at your expense. However, never break the golden rule.. stay in the special thread for guaranteed and very real allocations and DONT LEAVE.. and for god's sake please don't start any more new threads. Here it is for reference in case you lost your way to it:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...p-today-4.html

Like SERIOUSLY, please don't start any more "goshdarn" threads. We say this for your own allocation's safety of course.. do you know how many people are dying to know what you know now? What if you start yet another inane thread, and then spread the secret of how you got your speshol car which is definitely coming, and then everyone would know how to get an allocation, and then GT car values would drop which would blow people's minds here (it would be gruesome and very real, not even kidding).. sigh... anyway, this would result in an inverted treasury yield curve and **** up the entire bond market... and and.. I won't even tell you the rest.. it's too terrible to contemplate. Look, just trust me, sit down, cross your legs, tuck it between, whatever it takes to sit comfortably .. now, clasp your hands tightly .. and visualize your manual PTS color. What do you see? Have you considered ruby star?.. all the cool kids are doing it.

Anyway, no more talk, the bad people are coming. Now go to your hiding place in the thread below, and DONT MOVE!!! we love you!. Back soon, we promise!
Ruby stone..

manual..

soon..

all yours.

....Whatever you do, don't touch the keyboard again OK?.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...p-today-4.html
Old 07-25-2017, 05:27 PM
enzo101
Intermediate

You really have a lot of time on your hands don't you?
Old 07-25-2017, 05:44 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by enzo101
You really have a lot of time on your hands don't you?
Not really, I can just write and think really fast. I also have a twisted sense of humor, especially when I see haplessness. I hope you caught onto that. Everything I wrote there was absolutely true, and at the same time it was not. Don't get played, and I'm talking about your dealer not us.. we really do love you bro.

The only thing which I really hope you took from that post was not to start another thread like that. I was so you're free to do whatever you want and try to become as popular as you possibly can by starting lots and lots of threads with silly titles. But we do try to keep it somewhat need an orderly here so that information is easy to find, and we minimize BS proclamations... unless they're funny, or attempt to be… And then we go full bore.

Peace (and I mean that)

Quick Reply: Wonderful news from my dealer!