Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to buy a 991.1 Gt3. Need Advice!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 02:37 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

There are 2 paths I would take if I was coming in without anything:
1. Order a .2 GT3 - real premium I'm told is $10k to $15k; or
2. Buy a used .1 RS

I owned a .1 GT3 and I still own a .1 RS, I have a .2 GT3 on order, but I would much rather the RS than it if I could only keep one. Plan (today) with the .2 GT3 is to trade it in when the next RS arrives and keep the .1 RS.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:53 PM
levd
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you only plan to drive it for a year, maybe you should choose the nicest car of cheaper end of the price scale. Say, 2013 or early 2014. Something in 130K range.

Make sure car has warranty long enough to cover your entire ownership.

Prices for early 991.1 GT3s already tanked, so I don't think you will get a big price hit in one year perspective.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:04 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 97 Posts

Look for a'16 CPO. They only made 206 or so and have "G" engines. CPO is transferable but if the car is not CPO'd it must come from a Porsche dealer as they are the only ones who can do the CPO.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:31 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
There is a great value on a GT Silver one at Holmsted Porsche. And COTA1=exactly.
That's a nice car, but I disagree that it's a great value. Unless someone wants that exact spec, including a full body Expel wrap, and isn't scared off by it being two years old and light on warranty, I think that car is overpriced by a fair bit. Anyone who buys at their asking price is paying all the money as they say.

I'm keeping an eye on it, but my offer would be so much lower than their ask that I'm just going to wait and see if it sells or the price drops. My guess is it will sell above my value and below theirs, but I'm gonna watch it just in case.

I've been watching multiple specific cars for a few weeks now, all of which I think are overpriced and none of them have sold. Don't appear to even have much interest. Then again, it only takes one person to be the right buyer.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:37 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger
I would wait a few months until people trade in their .1's for .2's, then try to find one at a lower price. I would also recommend CPO due to the possible engine issues. I have a buddy also looking for a .1 CPO.
Wouldn't that be next Yr? Why wait that long. He can enjoy a car for a full Yr instead of waiting.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:38 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RajDatta
Wouldn't that be next Yr? Why wait that long. He can enjoy a car for a full Yr instead of waiting.
+1
Old 05-04-2017, 07:48 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I love these kind of questions regarding what price point should I go in at. I really think like a few have said, you know how much you want to spend, keep that in mind when negotiating and go buy the best you can find. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:04 AM
Deezuhl77
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
I love these kind of questions regarding what price point should I go in at. I really think like a few have said, you know how much you want to spend, keep that in mind when negotiating and go buy the best you can find. Good luck and keep us posted.
Sure that makes sense but it's not a bad question to ask the general public to get an idea what would be a fair price to pay. I'm willing to spend 179k on that guards red car cause I love it but I'm not going to rape myself to buy it if 10 guys on here say " hey buddy. That dealer is overpriced on the car. Fair price in our opinion is 169k. Try and get it for that ". Is it unfair to ask for opinions?? Im not asking for a crystal ball. I'm just asking guys who are in around the market for a while. I want to buy something this week so I can only watch and see what cars are selling for right now and have no clue when cars are sitting on eBay for 4 months not selling cause they are iverpeiced and I'm thinking I gotta grab this car at 179k before it's gone. Just some guidance wouldn't hurt. I've been out of the Porsche market a little while that's all.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:07 AM
Deezuhl77
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by drdonger
I would wait a few months until people trade in their .1's for .2's, then try to find one at a lower price. I would also recommend CPO due to the possible engine issues. I have a buddy also looking for a .1 CPO.
This is what my fear is only because my local dealer friend said just this. As soon as guys start trading their .1s for the .2 there is going to be a huge influx of cars on the market and prices could drop 20-30k and below msrp. Not way over like it is now. I was ready to go on a .1 and he's scaring me now.

With that said how do I get on the list for a .2?? Have to know someone with a spot they want to sell and put 50k down??
Old 05-05-2017, 01:31 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by Deezuhl77
Sure that makes sense but it's not a bad question to ask the general public to get an idea what would be a fair price to pay. I'm willing to spend 179k on that guards red car cause I love it but I'm not going to rape myself to buy it if 10 guys on here say " hey buddy. That dealer is overpriced on the car. Fair price in our opinion is 169k. Try and get it for that ". Is it unfair to ask for opinions??
You want an opinion? The price on that GR car is utterly retarded and massively over priced. 100% nucking futs. Anyone who pays MSRP or above right now for a used .1 is out of their mind or simply has money to burn. Then again, as others have already said, what matters is what it's worth to you.
Old 05-05-2017, 03:06 AM
Deezuhl77
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
You want an opinion? The price on that GR car is utterly retarded and massively over priced. 100% nucking futs. Anyone who pays MSRP or above right now for a used .1 is out of their mind or simply has money to burn. Then again, as others have already said, what matters is what it's worth to you.
Thank you. I went thru 2 months of for sale classified on here the last 2 hours and found exactly what you just said. So if I settle for a .1 gt3 I'm offering below msrp and only going up to msrp then or I'm walking. That makes the negotiations game easy then for me. I'm still on the hunt for 997 GT2 with no luck. Only 2-3 cars on the market that I can find right now. Going to drive some cars this weekend and see if I LOVE the .1 gt3 otherwise I'm staying on the hunt for a GT2 again. Appreciate the advice once again.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:40 AM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Honestly, you should wait and get a .2 gt3. If you want a bargain, .1 gt3 is the one to get. Think about at least 10% off msrp for .1 gt3. Anything over, you should walk, considering you may be able to get a .2 gt3 at around msrp if you are willing to wait.
I sold my .1 gt3 at 20k less than msrp. It was a 2015 gt3 with 157k msrp, white car with lwb seats.

Even with my bargain sale, I exchange in to the new on for 20-30k extra after 2 years. Still a bargain.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:53 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by Deezuhl77
Thank you. I went thru 2 months of for sale classified on here the last 2 hours and found exactly what you just said. So if I settle for a .1 gt3 I'm offering below msrp and only going up to msrp then or I'm walking. That makes the negotiations game easy then for me. I'm still on the hunt for 997 GT2 with no luck. Only 2-3 cars on the market that I can find right now. Going to drive some cars this weekend and see if I LOVE the .1 gt3 otherwise I'm staying on the hunt for a GT2 again. Appreciate the advice once again.
There are plenty of low mileage .1 GT3s out there with asks below MSRP, so you shouldn't have to go anywhere near MSRP to get one. Heck, there are two on RL at the moment. My opinion is that they should be well below MSRP right now unless we're talking a dealer mile car, so I'd be negotiating down from the asks if it were me.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:31 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The question is, what do you want. I would rather be unhappy with the amount I lost at the time of sale or trade in than questioning myself for not getting what I wanted every time i get in the car.

I have 22K on mine now and went to 9K yesterday for a 1 2 shift. Can't imagine why I would want more other than reading how great the .2 is. Changed the headers and exhaust on mine and can't imagine how a .2 would sound better.

On the track 2K$ spent on training would get me way better lap times than 30K+ spent on upgrading.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:37 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 227 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Sloopy
The question is, what do you want. I would rather be unhappy with the amount I lost at the time of sale or trade in than questioning myself for not getting what I wanted every time i get in the car.

I have 22K on mine now and went to 9K yesterday for a 1 2 shift. Can't imagine why I would want more other than reading how great the .2 is. Changed the headers and exhaust on mine and can't imagine how a .2 would sound better.

On the track 2K$ spent on training would get me way better lap times than 30K+ spent on upgrading.
Bravo! Extremely positive vibes!

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a 991.1 Gt3. Need Advice!!