991 GT3 Concerned Owners Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 11:32 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts
Default 991 GT3 Concerned Owners Group

About the 991.1 GT3 Concerned Owners Group:

The 991.1 GT3 is an awesome car, but there have been persistent reports of engine problems related to the top-end. Porsche has never acknowledged this problem publicly, and this uncertainty has left many owners wondering if they should keep their cars out-of-warranty. The 991.1 GT3 Concerned Owners Group was formed with the intent to gain more clarity on this matter.

The hope of the group is to have sufficient "numbers" that Porsche will take our concerns seriously. Our first goal is to arrange for a meeting with Porsche so we can present our concerns directly to them. To date we have over 250 members from 16 countries. Our members include many business owners and C-level executives from leading companies across the globe.

Purpose of this thread:

1. Provide awareness to RL members and GT3 owners.
2. Provide an opportunity for all owners to give feedback, and ultimately determine the direction the group takes.
3. Keep members and the RL community updated on new developments.

Latest update:

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED.

We had a great meeting with Porsche representatives in Atlanta. Porsche exceeded all of our expectations. Awesome company! Porsche. There is no substitute!

Please check out this thread for more information.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...ouncement.html

Previous updates:

A formal letter was sent to Porsche on May 6, 2017 requesting a meeting. Porsche graciously accepted our request, and a meeting is currently being coordinated. This meeting will take place in Atlanta on August 3rd. The Porsche delegation will include a number of executives from Porsche Cars North America, as well as at least one senior technical expert from Porsche AG who is qualified to address our concerns directly. Members from Porsche AG will be flying in from Germany, so coordinating dates early will be critical.

Here was the email we received on June 1, 2017 from the VP of Customer Relations:

Thank you very much for your letter dated May 6. I can assure you that the entire Porsche organization is committed to ensuring the highest product quality and an exceptional customer experience. Porsche is proud of our record of product quality and is always willing to receive customer input and discuss customer feedback.

As you requested, it would indeed be our pleasure to invite you and up to four other members of your group to our North American headquarters in Atlanta at a mutually convenient date in the near future to discuss your concerns in more detail. Our delegation will include a number of executives from Porsche Cars North America, as well as at least one senior technical expert from the manufacturer, Porsche AG, who would be most qualified to address your concerns directly.

I am currently in Germany until Monday, June 5th, but please feel free to contact me at your convenience so we can start making arrangements. The first step will be to pick some dates that might be convenient for your members, as well as the Porsche technical personnel who will join us from Germany.

On behalf of everyone here at Porsche, we thank you for your passion and loyalty, and we wish you many happy miles in your very special Porsche vehicles. I am looking forward to meeting you.

About Our delegation

We will be sending five members from the community to Atlanta. The formation of our group is now complete. Our delegation includes:

Ed Jenkins
Ed is President of the Pacific Northwest Region of the PCA as well as National DE instructor and driver skills instructor. Ed owns a 2015 GT3.

Sean Groer
Most of you know Sean, who organizes the popular Smokies event each year (along with Mayur). Sean owns a 2016 GT3 RS.

Carmen DeVito
Carmen is a PCA National DE instructor, and has a background in Mechanical Engineering. Carmen also has the distinction of being the only member of our group to experience this finger follower issue first hand. Carmen owns a 2015 GT3.

Dave Lodigensky
Dave has been instrumental in helping Rob put together the team and craft the overall message. Dave owns a 2016 GT3 RS.

Rob Carr
Rob owns a 2015 GT3 and started the COG.

We are all really excited to meet with the Porsche delegation on August 3rd. We also look forward to sharing whatever details we can shortly after the meeting.

Add your name to the group:

There's strength in numbers. Our group is growing quite rapidly, but that shouldn't stop you from adding your name to the cause. To be added to the Concerned Owners Group, please email me your first name, last initial and city, state/country. Please email your information to 991gt3concernedownersgroup@gmail.com.

Note: We will NOT be sharing any personal information with Porsche, only meta data such as number of users, countries involved, etc.
Attached Images

Last edited by robmypro; 08-08-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:38 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with the 'Global Action' Group.

I don't know anyone with issues so can't participate. You should have a lot of non GT3 owners pinging you though--they tend to be a plenty around here. Get with vodavoda.

I never had an issue with my .1 and I'm taking delivery of my .1RS and not worried in the least.

I buy cars, enjoy them, sell them, move on.

PS - They will file your letter in the round file as quick as any others.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:34 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Deleted.

Last edited by robmypro; 04-29-2017 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:41 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by robmypro
If you don't want to participate, then don't. Not sure where your negative comments are coming from?
Just my opinion/reality.

Not negative.

But, let us know how the cause advances to prove me wrong
Old 04-29-2017, 12:45 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Deleted.

Last edited by robmypro; 04-29-2017 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:53 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Thank you to all that have PM'd me! I will be posting a draft letter today for comment.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:53 PM
robmypro
Race Director

First draft is up.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:57 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Fixed a few typos. Will post a PDF shortly.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:09 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Thanks for all the PM's guys. Please make sure you include your name and address, as it helps avoid multiple PM's.

I just attached a PDF version, which includes some edits.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:21 PM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
Good luck with the 'Global Action' Group.

I don't know anyone with issues so can't participate. You should have a lot of non GT3 owners pinging you though--they tend to be a plenty around here. Get with vodavoda.

I never had an issue with my .1 and I'm taking delivery of my .1RS and not worried in the least.

I buy cars, enjoy them, sell them, move on.

PS - They will file your letter in the round file as quick as any others.
You are indeed full of sh@t dude.

Great idea robmypro! Will drop you pm later on.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:25 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by qbix
You are indeed full of sh@t dude.

Great idea robmypro! Will drop you pm later on.
Thanks buddy! We are guaranteed to fail if we don't try.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:44 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 799 Posts

Did you get the original action group and its starter involved on this? Since PAG responded to that it might be worthwhile to include it.

$0.02
Old 04-29-2017, 04:52 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by ExMB
Did you get the original action group and its starter involved on this? Since PAG responded to that it might be worthwhile to include it.

$0.02
I didn't, but for the benefit of everyone I would love their support!
Old 04-29-2017, 04:56 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

You you're suggesting they offer a warranty that owners can buy? I'm confused as to the value of that, when you can buy an extended warranty today.

Should ask for warranty to be free.
Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2017, 05:03 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
You you're suggesting they offer a warranty that owners can buy? I'm confused as to the value of that, when you can buy an extended warranty today.

Should ask for warranty to be free.
You cannot buy an extended warranty from Porsche on 991.1 GT3's in the USA. They only offer a CPO, which does current owners, or owners who purchased from a private party no good. In my case I purchased my GT3 from a private party. I went to the dealer and they cannot offer any extra warranty.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 Concerned Owners Group