Sponsored by:

Ask Chaosoul's Magic 8 Ball

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 10:40 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,380 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
And we haven't even mentioned the Speedster and Touring models (the latter probably being an option instead of a separate model).
Or the rumored GT4(RS).
Old 07-25-2017, 12:19 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 174 Posts

Spread sheets always make things look so official, but I'm calling BS on such an artificial limit as 20 GT cars per day, when really they can crank them out just like normal 911's. The only limitation is suppliers and those are lined up well in advance to some production number.

Also, given that the RS in the last run matched or exceeded the GT3 in production, I don't see a reason for not building the same number of GT3's and RS's.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:51 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
Spread sheets always make things look so official, but I'm calling BS on such an artificial limit as 20 GT cars per day, when really they can crank them out just like normal 911's. The only limitation is suppliers and those are lined up well in advance to some production number.

Also, given that the RS in the last run matched or exceeded the GT3 in production, I don't see a reason for not building the same number of GT3's and RS's.
Spot on. Demand -1 is the objective.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:36 AM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 343 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya

It's not meant to be anything near official -- I did call it a WAG earlier. I just thought I'd see what things look like using selected assumptions of others with a much better Magic 8 ball than my own.

20 GT cars a day should be something we can validate, or not. The production run above sure seems light to me for the next gen GT3s.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:59 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 174 Posts

It's not meant to be anything near official -- I did call it a WAG earlier. I just thought I'd see what things look like using selected assumptions of others with a much better Magic 8 ball than my own.

20 GT cars a day should be something we can validate, or not. The production run above sure seems light to me for the next gen GT3s.
The validation is not necessary- the cars are built on the same line as all 911's- volume and mix are at the discretion of the decision makers at Porsche. The limit is the number of 911's that can be built in the factory. Of course they won't 'max' it out, at the same time they won't miss too many opportunities for profit either. Therefore the actual limit is their sales forecast- from there everything else flows, from marketing to vendor commitments until finally the production schedule.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:46 AM
2006m5
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Here's a WAG on GT3 and RS production through Dec. 2018, based on data shared by sources I trust on the subject. Some have suggested GT3 production will end in Dec 2018. How long will RS production go? Is this in the ballpark or too much of a WAG?

If these assumptions hold true there's a chance I will get a gt3...
Old 07-25-2017, 08:19 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006m5
If these assumptions hold true there's a chance I will get a gt3...
I believe last round of GT3's (.1), most who wanted one, eventually received one, but this time around they're more popular so I would say 90% who want one will receive one. Just my .02
Old 07-25-2017, 05:25 PM
2006m5
Banned

Originally Posted by bronson7
I believe last round of GT3's (.1), most who wanted one, eventually received one, but this time around they're more popular so I would say 90% who want one will receive one. Just my .02
Bronson I'm 3rd on a list ...the dealer is a small dealership.
And the salesmen says they have a received allocation for number one position.
When I ask him about my position he says we don't know...
But when we get your allocation we will sell it to you for msrp.

So maybe the Porsche gods will build enough.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:57 AM
InnovateGT3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Interesting...my dealer here in Canada (who will remain unnamed) said the same thing in that demand for the GT3 is higher now than it was for the .1 gen simply due to the manual option being offered.

Silly thing is they aren't asking for an ADM however people are offering to pay one...
Old 07-26-2017, 11:24 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006m5
Bronson I'm 3rd on a list ...the dealer is a small dealership.
And the salesmen says they have a received allocation for number one position.
When I ask him about my position he says we don't know...
But when we get your allocation we will sell it to you for msrp.

So maybe the Porsche gods will build enough.

Of course they know, they just won't let you know. Say if you are number 2 on the list, and there are 5 people total and they are only getting 4 cars, they will sell the 4 to those that are willing to pay market adjustment, if only 2 guys behind you are willing to pay extra, they can offer you and the guy in front of you the car for MSRP.

One reason wait list is not a published, it have a dynamic ranking with customers moving up and down the list all the time.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:37 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Bingo, LOL. You read the stealerships really well. In accounting, short of saying, they have two books.

Drive safe,
GT3RS

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Of course they know, they just won't let you know. Say if you are number 2 on the list, and there are 5 people total and they are only getting 4 cars, they will sell the 4 to those that are willing to pay market adjustment, if only 2 guys behind you are willing to pay extra, they can offer you and the guy in front of you the car for MSRP.

One reason wait list is not a published, it have a dynamic ranking with customers moving up and down the list all the time.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:49 AM
2006m5
Banned

Originally Posted by Whoopsy

Too be honest.....I never owned a Porsche.
I like to buy and able to buy.
If the dealer is not honest .....I can't do anything as you know.
Iam just taking his words face value.
I will wait It out up to the end of the year ...and see how it plays out.
And feel it out .
In reality it's BS that Porsche just don't build them a plenty.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:05 AM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 343 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by InnovateGT3
Interesting...my dealer here in Canada (who will remain unnamed) said the same thing in that demand for the GT3 is higher now than it was for the .1 gen simply due to the manual option being offered.

Silly thing is they aren't asking for an ADM however people are offering to pay one...
So just curious -- if you were willing to pay ADM to jump the line, would you hold it against the dealer if they refused? If yes, it's a "damned if I do and damned if I don't" position for dealers.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:54 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

If that is the case voluntarily handing out money to the dealer, we might see the revival of a famed and well known meme used by a co-member and contributor here.

Drive safe,
GT3RS1

So just curious -- if you were willing to pay ADM to jump the line, would you hold it against the dealer if they refused? If yes, it's a "damned if I do and damned if I don't" position for dealers.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:05 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,066 Likes on 608 Posts

not only porsche dealers do the stupid list
recently I wanted an M2 and was told 6 months ago that I am number 3 on a list by a dealer that I bought several cars from
then when 2018 allocations came in , they got 3 allocations, but not one for me , so obviously, I was moved around
so I went some where else , and it is there loss

Quick Reply: Ask Chaosoul's Magic 8 Ball