Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

Ask Chaosoul's Magic 8 Ball

 
Old 07-01-2017, 12:37 PM
  #841  
mass27
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 887
Default

Expectations on production numbers and production timeline for GT cars, now that there is a GT3, GT2RS, GT3RS (coming), GT4 (coming?), GT whatever (?).

Does it still seem likely that PAG can produce 5,000 GT3 with so many other GT cars sharing the line and the 992 creeping up?
mass27 is offline  
Old 07-01-2017, 03:48 PM
  #842  
Jimmy-D
Super User
 
Jimmy-D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 9,026
Default

Originally Posted by mass27 View Post
Expectations on production numbers and production timeline for GT cars, now that there is a GT3, GT2RS, GT3RS (coming), GT4 (coming?), GT whatever (?).

Does it still seem likely that PAG can produce 5,000 GT3 with so many other GT cars sharing the line and the 992 creeping up?
They will not be producing 5000 GT3 cars. Figure similar to the RS. I think with now the GT2 RS and the upcoming .2 RS there will now be demand moving towards other models. Heck, if they announce the Speedster with the 4.0 I will opt for that and pass on .2 GT3
Jimmy-D is offline  
Old 07-01-2017, 06:15 PM
  #843  
bronson7
Super User
 
bronson7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,843
Default

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D View Post
They will not be producing 5000 GT3 cars. Figure similar to the RS. I think with now the GT2 RS and the upcoming .2 RS there will now be demand moving towards other models. Heck, if they announce the Speedster with the 4.0 I will opt for that and pass on .2 GT3
I know my wife would rather me get the Speedster.
bronson7 is offline  
Old 07-02-2017, 09:17 AM
  #844  
fxz
Super User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist h÷re...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Posts: 3,247
Default

Originally Posted by mass27 View Post
Expectations on production numbers and production timeline for GT cars, now that there is a GT3, GT2RS, GT3RS (coming), GT4 (coming?), GT whatever (?).

Does it still seem likely that PAG can produce 5,000 GT3 with so many other GT cars sharing the line and the 992 creeping up?
AP " production line is ready for 10k GT in case of a such high demand"

in other words production ( and love sometime... ) goes where money flow
fxz is offline  
Old 07-02-2017, 02:30 PM
  #845  
usctrojanGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
usctrojanGT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,891
Default

Originally Posted by fxz View Post
AP " production line is ready for 10k GT in case of a such high demand"

in other words production ( and love sometime... ) goes where money flow
Sounds like they have plenty of capacity to pump out GT3s. Build baby build.
usctrojanGT3 is offline  
Old 07-02-2017, 09:21 PM
  #846  
Jimmy-D
Super User
 
Jimmy-D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 9,026
Default

Originally Posted by bronson7 View Post
I know my wife would rather me get the Speedster.
The .2GT3 engine in a standout convertible would sound pretty epic with that top down. Loved the latest Speedster and regret not grabbing one
Jimmy-D is offline  
Old 07-03-2017, 02:44 PM
  #847  
80s
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Europe
Posts: 317
Default

Chaosoul my build was confirmed today/they started building today.
How many days does it take to build a gt3?
Ps how can i reassure the employees at porsche dont go drinking on town tonight
80s is offline  
Old 07-03-2017, 03:02 PM
  #848  
Dr.Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Dr.Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 3,407
Default

Originally Posted by 80s View Post
Chaosoul my build was confirmed today/they started building today.
How many days does it take to build a gt3?
Ps how can i reassure the employees at porsche dont go drinking on town tonight
With my build data, the difference between the 'V260 vehicle entry to body shop' and 'V270 vehicle exit production' dates is 7 days. It's only 5 days if you don't count the weekend.

Don't worry - Germans have beer at lunch so they are used to working under the influence.
Dr.Bill is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 08:25 AM
  #849  
80s
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Europe
Posts: 317
Default

Chaosoul Or Calexio!

Will the new Gt3 have this dark taillights? Read somewhere that its an option, they do look quite dark and nice in the config, i do like it, but would like to know before my car arrives!


80s is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 09:32 AM
  #850  
JPG993
New User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: AUS/UK
Posts: 4
Default

Chao, can we epect to see the dash/infotainment system layout from the panamera in future cayenne/macan models?

Thanks.
JPG993 is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 09:49 AM
  #851  
Jimmy-D
Super User
 
Jimmy-D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 9,026
Default

The blacked-out tail lights are standard
Jimmy-D is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 11:15 AM
  #852  
Chris3963
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Europe, but more often than not, in a plane
Posts: 1,907
Default

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D View Post
They will not be producing 5000 GT3 cars. Figure similar to the RS. I think with now the GT2 RS and the upcoming .2 RS there will now be demand moving towards other models. Heck, if they announce the Speedster with the 4.0 I will opt for that and pass on .2 GT3
Very special friend of mine has been told by Porsche that a 4.0 Speedster is coming early next year.
Chris3963 is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 12:02 PM
  #853  
WernerE
User
 
WernerE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,296
Default

Originally Posted by Chris3963 View Post
Very special friend of mine has been told by Porsche that a 4.0 Speedster is coming early next year.
And zero chance of buying one. These have been limited in the past and VIPs having first rights would make them even more unobtainable.
WernerE is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 12:52 PM
  #854  
Metzeger
User
 
Metzeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 484
Default

The GT3.2 RS for Francfort in september or not?
Metzeger is offline  
Old 07-05-2017, 01:53 PM
  #855  
Whoopsy
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Whoopsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,946
Default

Originally Posted by Metzeger View Post
The GT3.2 RS for Francfort in september or not?

991.2 GT3RS will be at Geneva 2018.
Whoopsy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ask Chaosoul's Magic 8 Ball


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: