Originally Posted by Superfans
GT3 looks awesome. Your garage too!
Thanks! Both go well together!

Originally Posted by randr
Great write up
Thanks! Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted by manitou202
Excellent write up Rob!

I love your garage. Did you get the cabinets locally? I'm down in Manitou Springs and hoping to redo my garage this summer.
Thanks! They are NewAge cabinets. Bit of an ordeal, as a few came damaged. The stuff Matt bought cost a couple thousand more, but i would go that direction if i did it over.

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
Best on Best^^^
Thanks!

Originally Posted by LeeGT3
Fantastic review. Had mine for 2 weeks not 12 months so much shorter time but feel the same way. It's a wonderful car.
Thanks. Glad you are enjoying your car! It's amazing.
Old 04-02-2017, 03:08 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Submit it to Panorama. With a few more pictures it will make a good article in the magazine. Good job!
Old 04-02-2017, 03:52 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Great post and I agree, it would be such a good beginner write up to get a few unsure potential customers in a GT3 and on track.

Look forward to Chapter two.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:56 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
Submit it to Panorama. With a few more pictures it will make a good article in the magazine. Good job!
Thanks! That is a good idea. Let me reach out to them.

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Great post and I agree, it would be such a good beginner write up to get a few unsure potential customers in a GT3 and on track.

Look forward to Chapter two.
Thanks! I hope this gets some of them off the fence!
Old 04-02-2017, 06:20 PM
cweed
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 19 Posts

Nice write up and great job on the garage!
Old 04-02-2017, 08:06 PM
ZZinger
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice post Rob. I am soo happy you are enjoying my first GT3 to the fullest. I have been fortunate enough to have owned many vehicles over the years but that car is special. The wait time I had to get the allocation then the build time wait on top of that was excruciating but well worth it to spec the car exactly my way. I can honestly say the car was better than new when you received it! I miss that car but needed to sell the car at the time to purchase a new home without selling my home first. This new home is a forever home which you know all about . It was a risky move but it all worked out in the end.

After I got settled in the new home I missed the GT3 soo much I purchased another one but this time in Black. My new GT3 is a nice spec as well. It is a 2014 and has never smoked not once. I still can't understand my some smoke some don't. I remember my neighbor once said with my previous car " why does your new car smoke so much is something wrong with it?". I said "no its fine they do that its normal" and she looked at me like I was crazy.

I am also on the list for a 991.2 GT3 along with the rest of the world lol so we will see what happens..It would be a manual if I had a shot at one. Possibly 3 GT3's in a few years time if my slot becomes a reality. First world problems right…

Keep driving and enjoy my first GT3 Rob and I will do the same!!!
Old 04-02-2017, 08:41 PM
SashaRS
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice write up
Old 04-02-2017, 09:32 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by ZZinger
Very nice post Rob. I am soo happy you are enjoying my first GT3 to the fullest. I have been fortunate enough to have owned many vehicles over the years but that car is special. The wait time I had to get the allocation then the build time wait on top of that was excruciating but well worth it to spec the car exactly my way. I can honestly say the car was better than new when you received it! I miss that car but needed to sell the car at the time to purchase a new home without selling my home first. This new home is a forever home which you know all about . It was a risky move but it all worked out in the end.

After I got settled in the new home I missed the GT3 soo much I purchased another one but this time in Black. My new GT3 is a nice spec as well. It is a 2014 and has never smoked not once. I still can't understand my some smoke some don't. I remember my neighbor once said with my previous car " why does your new car smoke so much is something wrong with it?". I said "no its fine they do that its normal" and she looked at me like I was crazy.

I am also on the list for a 991.2 GT3 along with the rest of the world lol so we will see what happens..It would be a manual if I had a shot at one. Possibly 3 GT3's in a few years time if my slot becomes a reality. First world problems right…

Keep driving and enjoy my first GT3 Rob and I will do the same!!!
Hey Ryan! I laughed when i read your comment about your neighbor. Interesting that yours doesn't do that. Maybe i am getting closer to winning the G engine lottery. lol

As far as your situation went at the time, you obviously made the right decision, but I knew you were pretty bummed about selling the car. But I am not complaining. The car came better than new for sure.

To go through the wait, and to get it spec'd the way you wanted, that's not easy to let go. But your black one is awesome, and maybe you'll have a .2 soon. Fingers crossed for you! So, white, black or maybe something else this time? Please share your spec, because I am curious to see how you'd order it. Definitely first world problems. lol

Damn, I wish you and i lived closer.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:33 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by SashaRS
Very nice write up
Thanks! All true.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:02 AM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Great write up Rob! I think we need to get another mountain cruise together once the gravel begins to clear up.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:27 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have stopped reading this otherwise great beginning review when you stated that the Sound Package Plus is a great sounding system and you like good quality systems in cars.

To me as I have also SPP it is utter rubbish. It is so bad that I don't even turn it on again. And I don't have sensitive ears by any means.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:54 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
I have stopped reading this otherwise great beginning review when you stated that the Sound Package Plus is a great sounding system and you like good quality systems in cars.

To me as I have also SPP it is utter rubbish. It is so bad that I don't even turn it on again. And I don't have sensitive ears by any means.
some are audiophiles, some are not. So many of those that aren't audiophiles and are listening to the GT3 engine half of the time think the SPP system is okay and I agree.

I think the sound package plus is an okay system, not awesome but certainly serviceable, which is why I can't decide if I should get Bose or not for the .2 GT3, as Bose is better, but not way better as far as I've heard from audiophiles who have listened to both.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:40 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
some are audiophiles, some are not. So many of those that aren't audiophiles and are listening to the GT3 engine half of the time think the SPP system is okay and I agree.

I think the sound package plus is an okay system, not awesome but certainly serviceable, which is why I can't decide if I should get Bose or not for the .2 GT3, as Bose is better, but not way better as far as I've heard from audiophiles who have listened to both.
Agree here. I've had my radio on maybe 3 times and find it sufficient for a gt3, when I really want to listen to the pure music, the engine.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:48 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by Buteo
Great write up Rob! I think we need to get another mountain cruise together once the gravel begins to clear up.
Thanks! I'm in!

Originally Posted by qbix

Interesting. Not sure why you and I differ on this one. To me it sounds great, considering i have a Sharkwerks exhaust. It isn't reference quality by any means, but considering the noise in the cabin i would never spend money upgrading it.

But I have edited that portion a bit, because i want potential owners to have a realistic expectation about the car, and your dissatisfaction with the audio isn't unique by any means. Btw, do you have stock exhaust?

Originally Posted by Drifting

Servicable is a good way of saying it.

Originally Posted by bronson7
Agree here. I've had my radio on maybe 3 times and find it sufficient for a gt3, when I really want to listen to the pure music, the engine.
Bingo.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:16 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Rob, if your cabinets were damaged, let new age know. They will send you a brand new one, no questions asked. This happened to a buddy of mine. I think new age is the best value out there and love mine.

In regards to sound plus, I'm not an audiophile either, but I think the system is all that I could want. It's pure heaven compared to the base system like I have in the GT4, which sounds so bad it is barely usable.

Quick Reply: 2015 GT3: One Year Review