Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: 991.2 GT3 - Will you be ordering Manual or PDK?
MANUAL
60.75%
PDK
39.25%
Voters: 372. You may not vote on this poll

991.2 GT3 - Will you be ordering Manual or PDK?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 09:24 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 991.2 GT3 - Will you be ordering Manual or PDK?

There was another thread asking about manual vs pdk preference for the next RS and I was surprised how many selected pdk (over 50%) given the amount of pro-manual comments on RL.

So because RL seems to be in a polling mood, here's another one. For those who are planning to order a 991.2 GT3, will you be going manual or pdk?

p.s. Oops on the title...should obviously be 991.2 . Is there a way to change that?

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 04-25-2017 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Changed title per OP's request.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:53 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's the problem I have, it's Porsche fault and it was planned, trust me. When the .1 came out in only PDK, they forced buyers who wanted the next gt3 to buy it or stay without, PDK or not. If I had a choice for either MT vs PDK on the .1, I would've without question, picked the MT. This move got a lot more buyers into the gt3 program. I have the .1, this PDK is amazing and I'm fighting on what to order next. I also realize I'll never get a chance to tryout a .2 MT, but going off what some owners of the R have said, it's also amazing. Another issue I have is the .2 comes without the SMFW. Have we heard any owners of the R with the DMFW? Would love to hear your impressions. So, I'm still leaning towards the MT, but I'm not 100%.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:14 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,401 Likes on 726 Posts

^ I believe they did have a plan but it was also to make the introduction of the GT4, and at the price range, to be an over night success. They got GT3 owners who only wanted a Manual and opened up the GT program too many new Customers from BMW, Suburu, Mazda, Toyota. Many of those will want to graduate to the GT3 and their GT4 will go to other new Owners who want the GT experience. They look(sell) at it as an "experience" rather than just selling a car. Just like a "drug".

I see the GT" experience only expanding in the future because selling "specialty" cars is the new thing now. Make no mistake - they are marketing gurus
Old 03-13-2017, 11:57 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

I have no idea why buy going for the manual.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:31 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 340 Likes on 209 Posts

pdk is like that lame/overpriced/unhealthy hot dog you had while visiting Central Park...you regret having it because you know you just took a couple of months out of your life. Plus,the next time you're visiting Central Park that lame hot dog will always be there...forever.
Manual is like having that wonderful aged/marinated and prepared fillet mignon,in that restaurant that you've been trying your whole life to get a reservation in...and that you might not be able to ever visit again.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:51 AM
Leica 993
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This GT3 will be an amazing machine regardless, but mated with PDK gearbox it will be epic. I would think that when it's time to actually put the money down, that the poll results won't reflect actual orders, there will be more PDK.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:58 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,739 Likes on 1,066 Posts

For sure more PDK

But you own a 4.0

For those who don't......
Old 03-14-2017, 02:01 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,777 Likes on 1,024 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
pdk is like that lame/overpriced/unhealthy hot dog you had while visiting Central Park...you regret having it because you know you just took a couple of months out of your life. Plus,the next time you're visiting Central Park that lame hot dog will always be there...forever.
Manual is like having that wonderful aged/marinated and prepared fillet mignon,in that restaurant that you've been trying your whole life to get a reservation in...and that you might not be able to ever visit again.
LOL
Old 03-14-2017, 02:07 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,593 Likes on 738 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
For sure more PDK

But you own a 4.0

For those who don't......
There are built G cars and 964's.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:54 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

I cannot say it any better than you

Yes, definitely buy manual, plenty of time to buy a PDK.

Besides, manual will hold better value in the long run.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:06 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Oh my god, the crap that keeps getting typed on your keyboard is unbelievable Nick, you are like the last MT crusader :-)
Please post a pic of a hot girl to make up for it ! ;-)
Old 03-14-2017, 10:12 AM
Spyder Man
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks like Porsche got the PDK only on the GT3 market all wrong last time round

This poll clearly shows that there are more manual wanters out there...from this forum at least

I am so glad that they are righting the wrongs (race derived engine + manual) with the 911.2 GT3!
Old 03-14-2017, 10:23 AM
Porschmich
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love manual and would never take a PDK over a manual given a choice.
Also looking down the road, say 25 years, when probably most sports cars have the PDK type trans which cars are people going to want in a older car? Manual is driving to me.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:28 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyder Man
Looks like Porsche got the PDK only on the GT3 market all wrong last time round

This poll clearly shows that there are more manual wanters out there...from this forum at least

I am so glad that they are righting the wrongs (race derived engine + manual) with the 911.2 GT3!
Was considering an older RS - new manual GT3 Porsche solved that problem but it's only because already own 16 RS.

I think there will be very few if any 500 hp NA manual machines produced - no offense but I think it's driven on $ versus emotions both on Porsche and it's customers - which is a good thing if you aren't one of the owners counting on the value of your older manual
Old 03-14-2017, 10:35 AM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 406 Likes on 158 Posts

I still haven't decided, but I'll probably go with the manual. Honestly I like both. I've had PDK's in my past 2 Porsches and have been very happy. My daily driver (Mini Cooper) has a 6-speed manual which helps fill the need. If the PDK was an upcharge it would be a manual for sure. But because it's the same cost it's a harder decision.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 - Will you be ordering Manual or PDK?