GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 03:19 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,879 Likes on 1,904 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
Which dealership do you work at?
He actually does work for Porsche, but I'm not sure he's wrong in this case. I've contacted A LOT of dealers now and many/most of them won't even take a name/deposit, as their lists are already way beyond what they think their allocations will be for this car. I get the salesmanspeak issue, but if they were just trying to raise the hype, they'd take my name and deposit. The fact that they won't leads me to believe they're being truthful on that issue.

But I'm going to be the guinea pig. I've got my name in at multiple dealers, including the local dealer with which I have a good relationship, with the understanding that the first dealer that gets me an allocation at MSRP gets my cash. I'm in no rush for a car, so I'm going to play the waiting game and see how it plays out. If Neanicu is right, I'll get a car eventually.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:21 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 260 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
He actually does work for Porsche, but I'm not sure he's wrong in this case. I'm going to be the guinea pig. I've got my name in at multiple dealers now, including the local dealer with which I have a good relationship, with the understanding that the first dealer that gets me an allocation at MSRP gets my cash. I'm in no rush for a car, so I'm going to play the waiting game and see how it plays out. If Neanicu is right, I'll get a car eventually.
Best of luck man.. I am sure it will work out in your favor.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:47 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 378 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
He actually does work for Porsche, but I'm not sure he's wrong in this case. I've contacted A LOT of dealers now and many/most of them won't even take a name/deposit, as their lists are already way beyond what they think their allocations will be for this car. I get the salesmanspeak issue, but if they were just trying to raise the hype, they'd take my name and deposit. The fact that they won't leads me to believe they're being truthful on that issue.

But I'm going to be the guinea pig. I've got my name in at multiple dealers, including the local dealer with which I have a good relationship, with the understanding that the first dealer that gets me an allocation at MSRP gets my cash. I'm in no rush for a car, so I'm going to play the waiting game and see how it plays out. If Neanicu is right, I'll get a car eventually.
I can't remember if you were around in 2013 when the 991.1 GT3 was launched... Or perhaps we were both busy with the run-ins we've had with each other back then...
BUT,this is 2013 all over again! Same story,many of the same players. I remember exactly what happened! 2 years later,in 2015...and this forum was filled with threads where members were offering contact info about allocations that are looking for owners at MSRP. Please someone that knows what I'm talking about agree with me!
Old 03-09-2017, 04:02 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,099 Likes on 2,345 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
I can't remember if you were around in 2013 when the 991.1 GT3 was launched... Or perhaps we were both busy with the run-ins we've had with each other back then...
BUT,this is 2013 all over again! Same story,many of the same players. I remember exactly what happened! 2 years later,in 2015...and this forum was filled with threads where members were offering contact info about allocations that are looking for owners at MSRP. Please someone that knows what I'm talking about agree with me!
Exactly, there will be cars for people who got on the list in 2016 and prior. I already told myself I'm not getting a car till 2018. I'm trying to get a car from 4 dealerships so I'm hopeful that at least one comes through (2 dealerships I have deposits with since 2015).
Old 03-09-2017, 04:03 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 838 Likes on 384 Posts

I think you're right.

There will be lots of cars for everyone. Unless you want the first one.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:08 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exactly! A real contributor to this forum with 173 posts since 2007.
I try not to post about things unless I really know what I'm talking about. That, and I don't care enough to argue online.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:12 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One thing I'll say that I think is under appreciated, is a relationship with your salesman. I've been in a lot of situations (at a few different dealerships) where I am asked about my customer. I have to go to bat for them to try and make sure my GM or Sales Manager will sell it to my guy, or the other 50 guys in line. I agree that everyone will get a GT3, in time. If you don't care to wait, more power to you and I do not and will not blame you. If you are talking a really limited car, (GT2RS anyone?) then there are more than just being in line to get that car. At the end of the day, most of us are true enthusiasts and I want my enthusiasts to get their cars.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:24 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 81911
I try not to post about things unless I really know what I'm talking about. That, and I don't care enough to argue online.
Now you got my attention : please let me know exactly which part of any of my posts on this thread you do not agree with...
Old 03-09-2017, 06:33 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,842 Likes on 1,123 Posts

Relax...
best advice. there will be plenty to go around.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:49 PM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by RFGGT3; 03-13-2017 at 02:23 PM. Reason: delete, not relevant
Old 03-09-2017, 07:05 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

I think what Nick is saying is that if you are asking a dealership to do you a solid, what are you doing for them? Are you a regular? Do you have a relationship? Because if they do sell you one at MSRP, when literally they will have 20 offers over MSRP, why would they do that? They are investing in the relationship, and expect you to do the same.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:10 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,879 Likes on 1,904 Posts

This would be my third purchase from this dealership, and I do all my service there. But I'm sure there are dozens of people with a much deeper relationship with my dealership ahead of me in line. I trust that my SA will do what he can and eventually I might get a car.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:16 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by robmypro
I think what Nick is saying is that if you are asking a dealership to do you a solid, what are you doing for them? Are you a regular? Do you have a relationship? Because if they do sell you one at MSRP, when literally they will have 20 offers over MSRP, why would they do that? They are investing in the relationship, and expect you to do the same.
Yes Rob,having a relationship helps a lot. That way they know you'll be back for service,for the parts department...hell,you might even come back between GT cars to make the wife happy with a Macan. So they'll sell it to a customer that will continue to spend money there,rather than selling it to a person they'll most likely never see again.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:20 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Yes Rob,having a relationship helps a lot. That way they know you'll be back for service,for the parts department...hell,you might even come back between GT cars to make the wife happy with a Macan. So they'll sell it to a customer that will continue to spend money there,rather than selling it to a person they'll most likely never see again.
Exactly Nick. That is why a dealer is less likely to sell an out of state buyer the car at MSRP. And many won't sell it to them at all. No way to really build a relationship.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:36 PM
indianam3
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mass27
Actually, your list is great in theory, but is far from "simple" in practice. The reality is many of us would like to walk into a dealership, give them money, and get a GT3 in return. That is very far from reality. I just called another dealer in CA. I was told their list is 50. 50 people want to get a GT3 from just one dealership. What are my realistic chances of getting an allocation at MSRP from them = 0%.

Please let me give you money PAG!
Mass27. i sympathize, and I very much agree with neanicu, my approach has been similar. I have been told a few times on this board, I have had really good dealer experiences, which isnt always the case. IMHO, relationships still really matter where I live with the dealers, I know this isn't true in California and some other areas. I was left out in one cycle and couldn't get a car, and Ralph at The Car Connection found me just what I wanted. I give him my highest marks. He will over service you, and at the end of the process, you will feel like you were first in the line of 50.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread