Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Show off
Cleaning lady
Old 07-31-2017, 08:03 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Thsnks!

You look as goofy as you type on Rennlist.
But please, that's a super compliment.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:16 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 916 Posts

Harris does 570GT:

https://www.topgear.com/videos/chris...-mclaren-570gt
Old 07-31-2017, 08:59 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Show off

If i had told you who else was going to be at this dinner, then yes, you could have called me a show-off... but really, I just wrote that in case Archimedes was going to offer that mclaren dealer a 2nd chance.. I'm a sucker for happy endings :
Old 07-31-2017, 10:25 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Saw the 720 in the flesh for the first time a week ago Sunday. Much better looking in person. Really impressed by the look and the interior also much better than the previous generation. With performance far superior to Ferrari, both cars being DCT turbos, and now improved mclaren aesthetics, I think mac will gain market share.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:16 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Yup. Went in there on a Saturday afternoon with my son. Salesman were busy chatting each other up. Nobody said boo to us. Spent 15 minutes looking over a number of the cars in the showroom and out front, not a word. Even went out back and checked out the used stuff. Nothing. Finally interrupted them to ask a few questions. Very cold exchange. I thanked him and left. The only thing positive I got out of that visit was a chance to see a gorgeous Ferrari Scuderia they had sitting on the showroom floor.

Funny thing was, I drove up in my 911 and spent time looking at the RS they had out back and still got nothing but a glance from the salesman. You'd have thought he would have jumped on me since I was showing interest in a Porsche. Funny thing was, my son loved the old RS and hated the McLarens.
That sucks to hear. My friend and I called ahead to test drive a 570s and Alessandro was super nice even though we showed up in our hertz pos that we left awkwardly in the lot since there weren't any free spots. We talked through some GT vs S things and he even got me into a few cars in inventory to try the sports/fixed back seats. It was better than any Porsche dealership experience I've had by far....
Old 08-01-2017, 12:25 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Not a big deal. I never judge a dealer or a brand by one experience, which is why never put much stake in stories people tell about 'You'll never believe how I got treated at XXX dealership! That company sucks...'

Every make and every dealership has good and bad experiences. No reason to get worked up about it. I've had great experiences at ****ty dealership and ****ty experiences at great dealerships. Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:03 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 224 Posts

Not a big deal. I never judge a dealer or a brand by one experience, which is why never put much stake in stories people tell about 'You'll never believe how I got treated at XXX dealership! That company sucks...'

Every make and every dealership has good and bad experiences. No reason to get worked up about it. I've had great experiences at ****ty dealership and ****ty experiences at great dealerships. Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw.
Agreed...
Old 08-01-2017, 09:38 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts
Default this is nuts

THIS is what is wrong with the world.. when a sales rep makes a video to let you know exactly HOW to approach her, and how to make an appointment with her. SHE tells the customer how THEY can build the relationship with her.. getthefcukouttahere! Build a relationship?.. as in, how you'll allow me to buy multiple cars from you?? amazing, a-mazing.

Values in our society are completely twisted when a used car salesperson tells a customer who wants to spend $xxx,xxx or more exactly what the protocol to talk to her is. **** this.. what a joke. How about, a youtube video about how children should respect their teachers, or elderly people, or their parents. Or how the used car salesman should talk to customers?

I've been in sales, i made a comfortable life out of it until recently, in many ways i'm still in sales just selling my knowledge now instead of equipment.. but I would never ever think of treating the customer, every potential customers, as anything but pure gold.

This video made me so so mad.. so mad. i'm so so mad.. (where is that headbanger face??)

EDIT: FOUND THE HEADBANGER FACE... !

Ouch.

Where's my tequila.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:50 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

She's a fool! She sales cars, and should be trying to build a relationship with the customer. She speaks like she giving something to us for free, and she dresses like a teenager sorry dear.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:55 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 198 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4hPdDxlItQ

THIS is what is wrong with the world.. when a sales rep makes a video to let you know exactly HOW to approach her, and how to make an appointment with her. SHE tells the customer how THEY can build the relationship with her.. getthefcukouttahere! Build a relationship?.. as in, how you'll allow me to buy multiple cars from you?? amazing, a-mazing.

Values in our society are completely twisted when a used car salesperson tells a customer who wants to spend $xxx,xxx or more exactly what the protocol to talk to her is. **** this.. what a joke. How about, a youtube video about how children should respect their teachers, or elderly people, or their parents. Or how the used car salesman should talk to customers?

I've been in sales, i made a comfortable life out of it until recently, in many ways i'm still in sales just selling my knowledge now instead of equipment.. but I would never ever think of treating the customer, every potential customers, as anything but pure gold.

This video made me so so mad.. so mad. i'm so so mad.. (where is that headbanger face??)

EDIT: FOUND THE HEADBANGER FACE... !

Where's my tequila.
I'm (probably) a little younger than most people on here, but I stopped taking **** from ANYONE working in ANY retail sales environment a long time ago.

About a year ago, I was in the Auto Gallery store on Wilshire in Beverly Hills with a friend of mine who is a freelance automotive journalist. A (potential) customer's female companion had a cute little doggy with her - the kind you see being carried around in a LV dog caddy. The dog **** all over the floor and all the salesmen looked around shiftlessly until one of the techs came out and cleaned it up. Unbelievable.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:59 PM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4hPdDxlItQ

I've been in sales, i made a comfortable life out of it until recently, in many ways i'm still in sales just selling my knowledge know instead of devices.. but I would never ever think of treating the customer, every potential customers, as pure gold.

This video made me so so mad.. so mad.

Where's my tequila.
My friend! This is exactly why there is ADM on Porsche GT cars and why we are mad. All we collectively need to do is chill out. How do you approach a salesperson like on the video? ...bang the **** out of him/her, and do use your charm to the fullest. No offense to anyone, but shark tactics need to be addressed appropriately.

PS: I'm way out of line, I know. But who f..inn cares when there are videos like these.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:42 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

I'll let Drax take it from here after that lambo vid Name:  photo232.jpg
Views: 1347
Size:  65.5 KB
Old 08-02-2017, 07:14 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

570s spider review. Actually sounds pretty good for a turbo.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:42 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 916 Posts

So many levels of awesome in that video....

Quick Reply: McLaren Success