Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   LWBS Protective Bolster Covers (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/957952-lwbs-protective-bolster-covers.html)

anselmw 04-08-2019 01:38 AM


Originally Posted by kfmcmahon (Post 15757501)
I did passenger seat first because I was over there finishing up hardwiring my radar detector to the D2 slot in the passenger footwell fuse box.

I completed my hardwire but broke the pins holding the fusebox panel in place. Were you able to remove that panel without breaking any of the pins? It seem so poorly designed that they easily break. My replacement panel broke a pin reinstalling it!

kfmcmahon 04-08-2019 04:03 PM


Originally Posted by anselmw (Post 15758221)
I completed my hardwire but broke the pins holding the fusebox panel in place. Were you able to remove that panel without breaking any of the pins? It seem so poorly designed that they easily break. My replacement panel broke a pin reinstalling it!

nope :crying:

anselmw 04-08-2019 10:38 PM


Originally Posted by kfmcmahon (Post 15759424)
nope :crying:

At least the replacements are not that expensive but you need to be careful on reinstall as well.

zotbot 04-10-2019 06:21 PM

My install
 
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...2947a6e1d2.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...d04d63a231.jpg

dave292 04-28-2019 04:59 PM

Just installed my covers. Great quality, fit and Eddie was a pleasure to deal with!!!!!!!
Thank you Crazy Eddie.

erko1905 04-28-2019 05:16 PM

We should keep bumping this thread - it was too hard to find for me yesterday

360MVA 04-28-2019 06:08 PM


Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie (Post 15626230)



Hi Guys
Sorry I just saw this I was out all day...
I sent the install instructions with the tracking info when I shipped these ...
I will send them again, but please email me, so I send it to the correct email address ... Honestly itís very simple
[email protected]
best regards
Ed

I have the same question regrading the long velcro piece. Mine did not come with instructions. How about posting them here? Also, any advice for lining up the stitching for both pieces? From the pics posted it seems like others are having the same challenge. Thank you and they look great otherwise.

dave292 04-29-2019 01:29 PM


Originally Posted by 360MVA (Post 15804680)
I have the same question regrading the long velcro piece. Mine did not come with instructions. How about posting them here? Also, any advice for lining up the stitching for both pieces? From the pics posted it seems like others are having the same challenge. Thank you and they look great otherwise.

Just send Ed an email or PM and he'll forward you a set of instructions. That's what I did before I bought mine.

Johnny Five 05-01-2019 08:21 PM

Haha I didnít want to call anyone out but some of these installs look *rough*. Take your time and pull everything TIGHT.

For stitching that falls to the outside of the seat go under the seat cushion and position the Velcro further inboard. And pull all that stuff down TIGHT. Let me inspire you:

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...f7ab6db09.jpeg



Originally Posted by 360MVA (Post 15804680)
I have the same question regrading the long velcro piece. Mine did not come with instructions. How about posting them here? Also, any advice for lining up the stitching for both pieces? From the pics posted it seems like others are having the same challenge. Thank you and they look great otherwise.


360MVA 05-03-2019 10:33 AM

I figured it out. Big ed sent me directions that helped. Thank you for the replies.

zotbot 05-03-2019 12:22 PM

LOL, Inspired - I'll take another shot at straightening the covers out...

Chris-911 05-14-2019 10:01 AM

I have a brand new set of these for sale with platinum grey stitching, if interested. Unfortunately I won't be using them. Ed did an amazing job, as everyone has said:

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...brand-new.html

golfnutintib 05-18-2019 02:36 PM


Originally Posted by erko1905 (Post 15804576)
We should keep bumping this thread - it was too hard to find for me yesterday

+1 for Ed - great guy, great product. These 991/981 buckets are so nice and so expensive to replace, these bolster protectors are great in keeping the vulnerable seat leather looking like new as the cars are in use.


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 03:20 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands