Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 Dealer lists

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 09:55 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

My Dealer has no lists and does not take deposits. If my Dealer did I would never publish what number I am and divulge who they are. Be happy if you are in the Frontline and move on. Dealers read this forum and so do a lot of people and I have seen people get snaked out of cars because they published stuff like this

My $.02
Old 11-11-2016, 11:36 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
wow.. i think you've just hit on something. this is very smart. most of really dislike having to go do to a dealer anyway.. dealers become service centers, cars sold from the factory, everything made to order.. once you commit you're in, no more games.. jesus dude, who are you, Elon Musk?
Haha I'd have a lot more Porsches if I was Elon Musk. Anyhow, Porsche sold those 918s directly to the customers and let the customers pick which dealer they wanted the car delivered to....what's so hard about replicating the same process with the GT cars? It's not like it's 10s of thousands of cars, just a few thousand a year or so. Before the car is announced people can register on a website and then the PCNA system randomly selects people who have registered. To obtain an allocation and spec the car you have to put a deposit of like $10k on the car...if you pass it goes on to the next person. The people that register after the car is released come next. This would also give Porsche great visibility as to demand and how much they could scale up production to meet demand and no car is built until they is a deposit that is made.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:05 AM
Porschekalle
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Haha I'd have a lot more Porsches if I was Elon Musk. Anyhow, Porsche sold those 918s directly to the customers and let the customers pick which dealer they wanted the car delivered to....what's so hard about replicating the same process with the GT cars? It's not like it's 10s of thousands of cars, just a few thousand a year or so. Before the car is announced people can register on a website and then the PCNA system randomly selects people who have registered. To obtain an allocation and spec the car you have to put a deposit of like $10k on the car...if you pass it goes on to the next person. The people that register after the car is released come next. This would also give Porsche great visibility as to demand and how much they could scale up production to meet demand and no car is built until they is a deposit that is made.
couldn't agree more .. cheers
Old 11-12-2016, 11:58 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

Now let me get this straight. A guy who has bought 10 Porsche's over the past 15 years from a dealer has to register behind a guy who has never bought or owned a Porsche before. What business are you in?
Old 11-12-2016, 04:33 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Now let me get this straight. A guy who has bought 10 Porsche's over the past 15 years from a dealer has to register behind a guy who has never bought or owned a Porsche before. What business are you in?
Very good point!
Old 11-13-2016, 01:30 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Maybe PCNA can give us pre-registration access to owners who have purchased x number of cars in a certain period (like 5 years). The goal is that everyone who wants a GT gets one without the BS games that some of us have gone through. At least I'm being honest when I say that I'll never buy a new non-GT Porsche car from a dealer.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:30 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Maybe PCNA can give us pre-registration access to owners who have purchased x number of cars in a certain period (like 5 years). The goal is that everyone who wants a GT gets one without the BS games that some of us have gone through. At least I'm being honest when I say that I'll never buy a new non-GT Porsche car from a dealer.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:11 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anyone know dealers who are taking deposits for MSRP with a low waiting list that I can still hop on?
Old 11-16-2016, 07:48 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by oslermarine
Does anyone know dealers who are taking deposits for MSRP with a low waiting list that I can still hop on?
What country?
Old 11-16-2016, 07:53 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

USA
Old 11-16-2016, 10:15 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by oslermarine
USA
I doubt anyone is going to give you that info at this point and I'm sure most dealer lists (the ones that are even keeping lists and/or taking deposits) are full. Just get on a list with a dealer around you (assuming you dont live in CA).
Old 11-17-2016, 08:48 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 227 Likes on 130 Posts

I doubt anyone is going to give you that info at this point and I'm sure most dealer lists (the ones that are even keeping lists and/or taking deposits) are full. Just get on a list with a dealer around you (assuming you dont live in CA).
QFT
Start pounding the proverbial digital pavement with emails and phone calls.. Don't wait for someone to spoon feed you.. learn to catch that meal on your own.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:02 PM
Moe91
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im #3 on the list but they require around 25k US$ deposit to be in the list. Its SMACO the only Porsche dealership in Saudi. it also would be my first Porsche ever! Hope its worth it.
Old 11-17-2016, 07:36 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Moe91
Im #3 on the list but they require around 25k US$ deposit to be in the list. Its SMACO the only Porsche dealership in Saudi. it also would be my first Porsche ever! Hope its worth it.
It sure will be worth it. Hopefully your dream comes true. Keep us posted.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:26 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Moe91
Now that's a healthy deposit right there...that'll surely separate the real buyers from the wanna-bees.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 Dealer lists