Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC Sport

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 03:41 PM
Mika911
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

I have a standard map on mine. Going to be at Dijon for two days in October at a private trackday so will spend some time to try different modes and also swap with the standard unit. Will report my findings. Hoping to be joined by a friend in his 997.2RS who has a unit too and very handy with these devices.
Old 09-22-2018, 06:21 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,250 Posts

Originally Posted by Mika911
I have a standard map on mine. Going to be at Dijon for two days in October at a private trackday so will spend some time to try different modes and also swap with the standard unit. Will report my findings. Hoping to be joined by a friend in his 997.2RS who has a unit too and very handy with these devices.
As I recall (correctly I hope) the DSC and the PC application has a data collection mode, it might be worthwhile doing a comparative run over the same road to collect normal vs sport data ... I definitely felt a difference between
such modes on both my 9987.2 and my 991.1 ... I think though the RS might benefit from some customized tuning...

let us know how the diagnostics go on the PASM fault...
Old 10-02-2018, 03:54 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 914 Likes on 514 Posts

Anyone, is it known whether the DSC can cause issues with the PASM modes?

on Tuesday I took my 991RS to Spa and when going out on track noticed the damper light showed the PASM to be in firm mode already. Didn’t think anything of it at that moment. Spent a day on track and struggled a lot with snap oversteer at turn-in and corner exit and ABS being triggered. Put that down to the track being more slippery than usual (Cup2 N2 had only done 1 day). I was generally about 3-4s off my usual time, which seems a lot.

When driving home I wanted to switch the dampers into soft mode but the light stayed on. Had to keep it pressed for a long time, after which it did switch off. And per the display I was able to switch it on and off again. Wondering whether there was an issue I drove back home alternating between hard and soft but could not notice a different, despite the bad road surface in Belgium. At a guess I would have said it stayed in soft and now wonder whether that was the reason for the handling issues on track.

Contacted the vendor who did not seem overly surprised by the issue but said they go into hard mode as a default. He is going to analyse it when I bring the car in, but wonder if there is any experience with this on RL.

any input much appreciated.
Hello Mika911,

I have sold and support hundreds of DSC and have not heard of this mode switching issue before on any 991.
I suggest verifying with your vendor to make sure the DSC is correct for the generation of that you have, the DSC for 991.1 and 991.2 are coded differently.
Did you have other work done prior to this track event, such as alignment or sway bar adjustment?
Did your vendor re-mapped the DSC from the original mapping?

Contacted the vendor who did not seem overly surprised by the issue
Who is your vendor? This is the first time I have heard of this. PM me if you like.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:54 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,150 Likes on 568 Posts

FWIW, I had an issue with mode switching on a 991.1 gt3 when front lift was engaged. Basically, turning on sport PASM with front lift on would show PASM sport light on (on the button) but the display on the dash would say "PASM Normal", and pusing it again would make the display say "PASM Sport" but the light on the button would go off. So basically the button and dash display message would go out of synch and say opposite things, so I would not know what to believe. Lowering front lift and restarting the car fixed it every time.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:59 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 914 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
FWIW, I had an issue with mode switching on a 991.1 gt3 when front lift was engaged. Basically, turning on sport PASM with front lift on would show PASM sport light on (on the button) but the display on the dash would say "PASM Normal", and pusing it again would make the display say "PASM Sport" but the light on the button would go off. So basically the button and dash display message would go out of synch and say opposite things, so I would not know what to believe. Lowering front lift and restarting the car fixed it every time.
Thank you for the data. Very good to know. I have not tried to changed the suspension mode while the Front Axle Lift was engaged.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:58 PM
krburrell
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Tom, I saw a posting in the 991 forum that said the DSC saves the last driving mode (Sport or Sport+) for you. Is this a new feature? I have a DSC V3 and it does not save the last driving mode. Just wondering.

Quick Reply: DSC Sport