Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TIRED OF WAITING FOR RS, SHOULD I BUY A RADICAL?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 08:36 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,682 Likes on 781 Posts

^^^ if you are allergic to money, there are many racing car and series options.
Go with the crew/tent/team you like with a budget that you are comfortable with throwing away X3. You will feel good about the $1000 a day DE costs forever after.

If you are competitive and want it to mean anything make sure there are at least 20 cars in your class on the venues you plan to race.

My 0.02c
Old 04-16-2016, 08:58 AM
BK77
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
This thread really got me interested in RXC and Radicals in general. If I were to get RXC as a track toy and later decided to try racing, are there any options for it? Are there any organizations and classes (ideally on the West Coast) where it would fit reasonably well?

Just like TRAKCAR said there are plenty of series and options to do some sanction racing. I also believe that Radical has its own series in N America.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:14 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

Yes:

Radical Cup North America

and in Canada:
Radical Canada Cup

Old 04-16-2016, 12:26 PM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Received 718 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
^^^ if you are allergic to money, there are many racing car and series options.
Go with the crew/tent/team you like with a budget that you are comfortable with throwing away X3. You will feel good about the $1000 a day DE costs forever after.

If you are competitive and want it to mean anything make sure there are at least 20 cars in your class on the venues you plan to race.

My 0.02c
I've raced in a series with less than 20 cars and found it hugely satisfying. All it takes is 1-2 close competitors to play with and you forget how many other cars are in the field. I'm speaking as a gentleman racer which I assume most of us here would be, so 'meaning anything' is subjective and personal.

Since driving a purpose built race car (Radical), I've lost interest in tracking any of my street cars. It's ruined me.
Old 04-16-2016, 12:37 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,682 Likes on 781 Posts

Great, right.

Just make sure can can afford to be ruined.
Lots of racing sales people (enablers) out there.

I love both equally.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:38 PM
thegoat
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone on here have a Wolf? It looks like Spring Mountain is moving away from Radicals and on to the Wolf platform. Based on the lap times this year in the SM races, the Wolf is coming out faster than the SR8s. Powered by K20s and K24s. Come in single and two-seaters.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:54 PM
FLM911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the radical, kudos on the choice. Bought mine April last year (SR3RSX) and never looked back. Racing it is awesome, it is quite the machine. Hope to see you at the track sometime. You should think about the radical cup races at a minimum, or the PBOC races at Sebring and in the SE. Did Barber with Sebring with them in the last year and it was a great outing.
Old 06-25-2016, 11:02 AM
Peterfirst
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hello Bryan:

How is the Radi holding up and how is your experience going so far?
I will test drive a SR3RSX mid of July. Sold my 991GT3. sold my 991GT3RS. have now a 991.1TTS as (sort of) DD. Looking into an older 997Cup or Radi instead but have a tendency for the Radi (even so Trakcar warned me - lol)

Thanks and enjoy the RXC

BR

Peter
Old 06-25-2016, 11:11 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

That Radical is awesome. So is the car trailer and garage! Good for you.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:29 AM
BK77
Pro

Originally Posted by FLM911
Congrats on the radical, kudos on the choice. Bought mine April last year (SR3RSX) and never looked back. Racing it is awesome, it is quite the machine. Hope to see you at the track sometime. You should think about the radical cup races at a minimum, or the PBOC races at Sebring and in the SE. Did Barber with Sebring with them in the last year and it was a great outing.

Thank you, congrats on the SR3SX as well! As of now I don't have any plan of doing any racing events, but I'm sure once I have a better feel for the car I'll be ready for some competition.

Originally Posted by Peterfirst
Hello Bryan:

How is the Radi holding up and how is your experience going so far?
I will test drive a SR3RSX mid of July. Sold my 991GT3. sold my 991GT3RS. have now a 991.1TTS as (sort of) DD. Looking into an older 997Cup or Radi instead but have a tendency for the Radi (even so Trakcar warned me - lol)

Thanks and enjoy the RXC

BR

Peter

I've only had the car at the track a handful of times, but so far so good! I would defiantly recommend a Radi, if you are looking for a designated track car, it doesn't get much better. The cars are very rewarding to drive, no traction control, no abs its just you and the machine.

thanks
Bryan

Originally Posted by robmypro
That Radical is awesome. So is the car trailer and garage! Good for you.

Thank you, its been quite a journey
Old 06-27-2016, 10:42 AM
Peterfirst
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BK77
I've only had the car at the track a handful of times, but so far so good! I would defiantly recommend a Radi, if you are looking for a designated track car, it doesn't get much better. The cars are very rewarding to drive, no traction control, no abs its just you and the machine.
Thank you Brian.

Will keep you posted how things go. Biggest concern is how I fit into the car since I am 6ft5". Did already have a test sit and looks promising. But need to drive one to really know

Peter
Old 06-27-2016, 11:22 AM
BK77
Pro

Originally Posted by Peterfirst
Thank you Brian.

Will keep you posted how things go. Biggest concern is how I fit into the car since I am 6ft5". Did already have a test sit and looks promising. But need to drive one to really know

Peter

Defiantly do, excited to see what you think of it on the track!

I've never sat in a SR3 but in the RXC I have to use a back pad so I can reach the pedals comfortably, and I'm 6ft.

Bryan
Old 06-27-2016, 11:30 AM
Peterfirst
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BK77
Defiantly do, excited to see what you think of it on the track!

I've never sat in a SR3 but in the RXC I have to use a back pad so I can reach the pedals comfortably, and I'm 6ft.

Bryan
Good news regarding your 6ft and fitting so well. Also the guys from Radical in Germany told me that it will not be a problem with the adjustable seat and pedals it should be plenty of space. I might need a extension for the steering wheel so.
Will keep you posted. July 14 is the day of the test drive. Will be a shorter one I guess but if all is good than I might try to rent the SR3 for a full track day to really be sure.

Peter

Quick Reply: TIRED OF WAITING FOR RS, SHOULD I BUY A RADICAL?