Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ridiculous... Lava Orange GT3 (Non-RS) 43k over.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 03:53 AM
Gotboost?
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
Agree with this.

In 2004, I bought an Arctic Silver/Black 1998 Carrera S with 12k miles on it. I paid $55k. Granted, it has been 10 yrs. But I am seeing cars like that advertised for 3x what I paid for that car. Nuts. Nice 912s selling in the $50s. Unbelievable.

I worked hard to secure my PTS RS allocation. I love the color and I want the car. I have never flipped a car purchase for profit in my life. Not once. Never put less than 3k miles on a new car. But if these RS prices hold or go up for PTS, this might be a first. I secretly hope the bubble pops so I wont be tempted to sell .

Totally agree. I'm in the same boat. My RS is due to arrive 3rd week of this month...
Old 01-04-2016, 09:48 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I like certain colors more than others and would pay more for the ones that I like best, but no PTS color is worth $100k+.
Right on.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:05 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I saw over 30 RSs on autotrader for sale.
As you probably know, cars.com and autotrader.com many times have automatic feeds. When a car comes into inventory at a dealer, it shows up on there, even if it was pre-ordered or already sold.

Not saying that there aren't RS cars on the market, there are. But from my research, there have consistently been around 10 or so on the market at a time. Nationwide. All premium priced. My guess is that if you talked to those dealers, they would say that they aren't in a hurry. They are probably waiting for the demand/supply curve to move even more in their favor. Then someone will get a bonus or dividend or whatever, and decide they have to have the RS. Or some kind of future turbo only announcement. As some of predicted here, the opposite could happen and they could make more or .2 is NA. But in that case, they are only out the carrying costs of waiting. They will still sell them for whatever they have in them.

And as to a special color being worth a premium, well of course I am very biased there. As I think you know, I paid over MSRP to get mine. There is a supply/demand curve around PTS also, that drives pricing. And the elasticity there also has to do with the disposable $ of the person doing the shopping. I couldn't afford to spend $100k+ for a PTS color. But if my net worth was double what it is, I might, just because I am that much of a car nut
Old 01-04-2016, 10:45 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I blame Eduardo on these PTS cars going at such big premiums. If he hadn't educated us, known of us would truly know the true value's. lol. Just kidding!!!
Old 01-04-2016, 05:27 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

As you probably know, cars.com and autotrader.com many times have automatic feeds. When a car comes into inventory at a dealer, it shows up on there, even if it was pre-ordered or already sold.

Not saying that there aren't RS cars on the market, there are. But from my research, there have consistently been around 10 or so on the market at a time. Nationwide. All premium priced. My guess is that if you talked to those dealers, they would say that they aren't in a hurry. They are probably waiting for the demand/supply curve to move even more in their favor. Then someone will get a bonus or dividend or whatever, and decide they have to have the RS. Or some kind of future turbo only announcement. As some of predicted here, the opposite could happen and they could make more or .2 is NA. But in that case, they are only out the carrying costs of waiting. They will still sell them for whatever they have in them.

And as to a special color being worth a premium, well of course I am very biased there. As I think you know, I paid over MSRP to get mine. There is a supply/demand curve around PTS also, that drives pricing. And the elasticity there also has to do with the disposable $ of the person doing the shopping. I couldn't afford to spend $100k+ for a PTS color. But if my net worth was double what it is, I might, just because I am that much of a car nut
No, I was looking only at USED cars on autotrader as I know all about the new cars that are already sold. I know all of used ones are priced from $310k to $419k and the count is 34. Figure about 600 RSs have been delivered so that means about 5% of delivered cars are currently for sale on autotrader.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:29 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Yup, and the Cars.com link I provided earlier (on this thread, I think) is just cars with photos... So not auto-listings.

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...les&sf2Dir=ASC
Old 01-04-2016, 05:34 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I stand corrected. Just did the search myself. 34 used indeed. Wow. Assuming all those are for sale, I am surprised. I do know that when I have listed used cars on autotrader, they stay on there until I make an effort to remove ad. So my guess is that some % of those cars have already been moved. But still, its a bigger number than I thought.

(currently publicly eating crow )
Old 01-04-2016, 05:34 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Yup, and the Cars.com link I provided earlier (on this thread, I think) is just cars with photos... So not auto-listings.

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...les&sf2Dir=ASC
And that number will keep increasing as more RSs get delivered. Very few of these RSs are moving at those nose bleed prices. The ones that are moving are moving at $75k to $100k over....I know because I've had a chance to buy 3 RSs in that range.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:37 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

I stand corrected. Just did the search myself. 34 used indeed. Wow. Assuming all those are for sale, I am surprised. I do know that when I have listed used cars on autotrader, they stay on there until I make an effort to remove ad. So my guess is that some % of those cars have already been moved. But still, its a bigger number than I thought.

(currently publicly eating crow )
My guestimate is that less than 10% of those cars have actually been sold. Then if you go onto Ebay you see a few other RSs that aren't on autotrader for sale. Plus there are probably a dozen or two off market/unadvertised RSs that are available at $100k over. Just tells me the market is not over $100k over for RSs (generally speaking of course).

Quick Reply: Ridiculous... Lava Orange GT3 (Non-RS) 43k over.