Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TRAKCAR does ED

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 12:15 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Incredible. More pics please. Is the color on the monitor similar to the actual color ?
Old 09-24-2015, 12:37 PM
JamesP
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 33 Posts

Good stuff Peter. Looking forward to the photos and stories over the coming weeks.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:55 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 891 Likes on 337 Posts

Hey Peter, did you happen to see a menstrual red on black GT4 coming out of the factory?
Old 09-24-2015, 02:27 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
Awesome. Glad to see the car. You must send us a picture with all the luggage packed. We want to see how you fit all those bags and the future shopping bags in there.
See pic, it barely fits but we got it in!

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
Forget that! I want to see how RETER fits in there!!! Have you seen him? He's a damn GIANT!!!
My wife took a picture of me standing by the car and I wonder how I fit in there but I do barely fit. Need to thin out foam in the seat maybe to wear helmet. The 18way seats have a ton more room. I'll have to adjust it a bit to be ideal.

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Hey Peter, did you happen to see a menstrual red on black GT4 coming out of the factory?
Seen so many cars at the factory today I am sure I did.

Thanks for all the well wishes. We drove to the Ring and fiddling now in the basement of the Dorint with Harry's laptimer etc. To get ready for tomorrow morning.

Not a great hotel but safe parking and start grid view of the DTM race this weekend.

There is not much to say about the RS that hasn't been said.
I was doing 120-140mph on a not super smooth Autobahn and my wife was asleep in the comfy bucket seats... It's a cruiser and it's a monster as you want it to be.

Tomorrow Ring, tons of stuff to do to get ready.

More to come.
Attached Images  
Old 09-24-2015, 02:37 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

FedEx UV over LO interior is all win, great combo and likely rare. Big thumbs up.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:51 PM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Super jealous

Epic Trip

Please continue with the posts!
Old 09-24-2015, 05:24 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Peter,
For what its worth, I got my new RS and spent the last three days at the track. The car is fantastic and the 500 HP is not overstated for sure. You will love the PDK and the brakes. Now the bad news, weather was perfect temps in the mid 70's and the Sport Cup 2's SUCK. One lap to warm them, three to 4 good laps and then they overheat. Pick up a lot of marbles too so vibro massage was the rule. Hate the damn things. Would rather have Super Sports which I used as my street tire on the 997.2 RS. Better in the wet and more consistent in the dry. Until they go away, turn in is better than the last one and the 4 wheel steering really works on the fast corners with the downforce. Top speed on our back straight was 10 KPH faster than my 2010 which I drove on slicks. So in spite of a lower exit speed from Carousel the car was faster on the straight. Can't wait to get some decent tires for this beast. I figure on slicks this car is 1:42 at Tremblant compared to my 1:45 on the previous model using Michelin N1 or N2 slicks.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:47 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Amazing, my dreams have dreams like this!

Whoa! I want Gummy's Porsches!!!! that's awesome! Maybe I can find them on ebay or something.
they give them to you when you are waiting for your car, I think they used to have chocolate pieces in a Porsche wrapper and once I got a chocolate egg with a little Porsche inside
Old 09-24-2015, 05:48 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesP
Good stuff Peter. Looking forward to the photos and stories over the coming weeks.
Sorry he wouldn't have, no GT4's are built in Zuffenhausen. All Caymans are built in Osnabrück at the old Karmann plant.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:50 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I was doing 120-140mph on a not super smooth Autobahn and my wife was asleep in the comfy bucket seats...
Had the same thing happen with my Cayman ED.

Love the color, enjoy the trip!!!
Old 09-24-2015, 06:37 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all the posts.

I love the purple, seen all kinds of Porsches today, all models and they are so bland, cant like the LO, sorry guys. I think the Yellow buyers are onto something. White, silver, black cars everywhere.... Even Red and yellow seen plenty. To the point that a Dark Brown Metallic Macan looked exotic.. May change away from Agata for the Macan....
The Carmine red is a nice deviation looks much better than bright Guards Red.

Rob, thanks for the head's up on the MPSC2. I was told to take it easy in the wet because Porsche said that they may stay to cool for grip?!
I've only run Nitto's and Toyo's on previous cars so these were nothing like slicks either. Not setting any records here for the first 5 days at the Ring I'm sure so push a bit harder at the safer tracks later one.

The weather here is cool 5-15c. I guess I start at 2-4 PSI cold below recommended pressures that are 29-33 in the door I believe. Hot on the Autobahn they got 33-39 so I guess they at least got on heat cycle before the track tomorrow. If anyone has PSI suggestions let me know, they speak Bar here!! Thankfully no rain in the forecasts

BTW, the car had 10 KM's at pickup. Now Maybe 300+Km's? Havent looked but hopefully can add many at the Ring tomorrow. I was asked to keep it under 5000RPM for the first 1000Km. That's impossible.

Talking about Macan.......My wife now knows exactly how to configure her Macan for December ED. They parked a very similar one next to our car....
We had it configured with these wheels and this Agate color when we ordered it last week, but know she now knows the wheels need to match. And some other stuff LOL. She's been a trooper (Getting up for drivers meeting 6 AM!!) so we will adjust the order once we get back.

Other than that we went to Manthey met with Kobalt, my Ring enabler got signed up and we zip tied / rigged a Harry's laptimer holder in place, fitted the timing transponder and added a sponsorship sticker ;-)

We both fit with helmets!
No Hans devices tomorrow so easy does it, we will try to put in the harness bar and seat belts when we do the first oil change, setup the car and clear bra it Saturday.

Now some sleep :-)
It's starting to sink in a little.. Maybe a little Ring Driving in new RS, a bit of DTM watching, steaks at Pistenklause.. Things are good..

Attached Images     

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 09-24-2015 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:34 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 93 Posts

Anyone with a purple key fob is a straight up boss.

Did you see any yellow RS? Mine will be racing yellow.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:40 PM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

What a great looking car.
Best looking RS color. The combo LO stitching with UV is very nice.
enjoy your trip
Old 09-24-2015, 07:51 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

No Racing Yellow RS. I looked for one in Yellow or Miami Blue..
Car gets a lot of attention but the purple doesn't scream it's pretty dark really compared to other alternatives save for black.

The interior, torque, gearbox suspension, it's almost to nice, to comfy, to easy to be that fast. I've taken it easy but holy hell with the exhaust button on and some revs, it's so awesome sounding, fast and stable, it's a lot better than the last 4.0.. Now that I've given it some thought.. The real test comes the next few days. Excited.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:55 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Sweet, love the pictures. Can't wait to see more and get your thoughts after you've taken it out onto the track.

Quick Reply: TRAKCAR does ED