Sponsored by:

Well... I'm back... In a very big way!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 12:05 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Thanks all for the kind words. I was so excited to post the pics today of my new ride and rejoin this incredible bunch of folks. It's a huge reason I came back so quickly. The BMW boards are nothing like this.

My 10 YO son couldn't wait till tomorrow for me to drive it home so we went over to the dealer this eve and walked into the service bay. I shoulda gotten his reaction on video... "That's not yours dad... no way, that can't be it. Dad... seriously? " He totally freaked out over the color and was high fiving me and anyone else he could find in the dealership.

I'll post more when I pick her up tomorrow afternoon.

I feel so fortunate to have this incredible group of cars, and the great friends that come along with them .

Sean
What a really great experience for you and son , I 'll bet you'll both remember that day for many to come !!
P just Branded a new-be future customer .
That's liven at the top ,enjoy and Thanks for the share.
D.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:50 PM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Congratulations, I can't wait to see you driving past me in this. I have missed seeing the silver GT3. Where is the car storage place? I am looking for a place to keep my Mustang
Old 07-23-2015, 05:59 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by 66mustang
Congratulations, I can't wait to see you driving past me in this. I have missed seeing the silver GT3. Where is the car storage place? I am looking for a place to keep my Mustang
The two places are e3storage and mycarvault. I am looking at both as well as a couple other options. I can guarantee you won't miss me if i go by in this one!
Old 07-23-2015, 06:02 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,847 Likes on 2,394 Posts

congrats and welcome back

and all these years, i thought i was crazy...
you are way more insane than i....

love smurf.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:04 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

First of all I'm shocked you sold your GT3 6 weeks ago! I guess I missed that post!
But I'm very very pleased you are back in the fold! And Riviera BLUE! Woooohooo!
Nice job Sean! Way to go! Congrats!
Old 07-23-2015, 06:05 PM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

The two places are e3storage and mycarvault. I am looking at both as well as a couple other options. I can guarantee you won't miss me if i go by in this one!
I used to store at E3, in fact some of my pallet racks are still there. When the car was there, I never picked it up. I guess too far away from my house to want to the make the trek to get it. I will have to look into mycarvault.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:17 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,684 Likes on 782 Posts

I used to store at E3, in fact some of my pallet racks are still there. When the car was there, I never picked it up. I guess too far away from my house to want to the make the trek to get it. I will have to look into mycarvault.
Sorry for the OT, but what does it cost to store a car?
I have security / camera / 24h access AC storage available in Palm Beach on I-95 for about 5-6 cars that I hope to use for myself, but right now I only have 2 of the 8 spots in use for myself and often take one of them home. Even when the RS and racecar come home I need only 4. Unless I accidentally buy more Porsches
Old 07-23-2015, 07:31 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Let's find a few people who need to store a car in the area and rent our own man cave!!!
Old 07-23-2015, 08:07 PM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man that is awesome... Congratss and glad you're back in the community.

I really have to say rennlisters are an incredible bunch of enthusiasts. Really keeps me in love with my GT3.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:52 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Shahano
man that is awesome... Congratss and glad you're back in the community. I really have to say rennlisters are an incredible bunch of enthusiasts. Really keeps me in love with my GT3.
They are more than you would ever believe. When we had a cyclone/hurricane recently of historic proportions (believed to be one of the 3 biggest such events ever recorded!) that wrecked our small island nation of Vanuatu (formerly called New Hebrides and a significant theatre of WWII being the second largest U.S. Military outpost after Pearl Harbour) Sean (and many others on here) were incredibly generous to support our fun raiser which rebuilt from scratch three homes in the local village and repaired a dozen more making 30-40 people's lives bearable (for which they will be forever thankful). Owning a Porsche is more than just a brotherhood for many of us, it's a religion. You don't get this feeling owning a Ferrari or a Lamborghini...
Old 07-24-2015, 04:10 PM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Let's find a few people who need to store a car in the area and rent our own man cave!!!
I am down for that.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:14 PM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Sorry for the OT, but what does it cost to store a car?
I have security / camera / 24h access AC storage available in Palm Beach on I-95 for about 5-6 cars that I hope to use for myself, but right now I only have 2 of the 8 spots in use for myself and often take one of them home. Even when the RS and racecar come home I need only 4. Unless I accidentally buy more Porsches
It is about $200 a month on average in GA, you can get your car whenever you want. http://www.e3storage.com/ also has 2 hoists for you to work on your cars. They are a great group, just bad for my checkbook. Everyone has a racecar, and made me want to get one too

My father has a building in Michigan (my avatar, but pictured are his cars) where he charges $75 a month. it is mostly for winter storage, so you don't get access whenever. You have to arrange access
Old 07-24-2015, 08:00 PM
gunnyosu
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful ride, welcome back! +1 for the blue club
Old 07-28-2015, 09:07 PM
Softarga
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Default GT3

It was my car. Riveria Blue. Sweet car. Just wish I had spec'd PCCB. Ran it to 201 mph and it was rock solid. GT4 and GT3RS (Mexico Blue) coming soon, so I parted with the GT3. Enjoy!!
Old 07-28-2015, 09:14 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Softarga
It was my car. Riveria Blue. Sweet car. Just wish I had spec'd PCCB. Ran it to 201 mph and it was rock solid. GT4 and GT3RS (Mexico Blue) coming soon, so I parted with the GT3. Enjoy!!
Will do!! With all the tracking i do, pccb would be a no go for me. I had seen your posts. I'll make sure she's well taken care of.

Quick Reply: Well... I'm back... In a very big way!