Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust problem (Standard exhaust)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 02:26 AM
Michael ZZ
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Exhaust problem (Standard exhaust)

I have a 15 GT3 and now have about 2500 km on the clock. Yesterday I stopped to fill gas and when I started up I pushed the exhaust button but didn't notice any change in tone. I didn't think too much about it but when I drove off I noticed a significant increase in exhaust resonance at lower revs. Well, I tried a few more times and it seems the exhaust button is not making any difference.

The light comes on and off, but there is only one deeper more resonant tone, and no significant performance difference. I checked the information system for error messages and there were none. Since I am too busy in the week to get it seen to, I will take it in on Saturday.

Seems that something is stuck open or closed? Any ideas what could be wrong? I really know nothing about the exhaust system.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:44 AM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When your rpm's are over 3800, does it sound as loud as it did previously when the exhaust button was pushed? I find that when the button is not pushed and the valves are closed, it's not nearly as loud at higher rpm's.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:26 AM
Lebo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have had some issues with my exhaust and i thought it was the valve not opening . It turned out to be the catalytic converter which Porsche replaced it for me ,,,,don't know if this is the issue in your case , which i assume is either the exhaust button wiring faulty , or the exhaust valves have some issue , but these are probably the 3 possible faults i assume you should look at
Old 06-30-2015, 06:17 AM
Michael ZZ
Advanced

When your rpm's are over 3800, does it sound as loud as it did previously when the exhaust button was pushed?
I only noticed the resonance at lower revs, at higher revs I don't notice a difference.

It turned out to be the catalytic converter which Porsche replaced it for me
Thanks Lebo, I will suggest this to them on Saturday.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:20 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Exhaust problem (Standard exhaust)

This happened to me. Check the vacuum line that controls the side muffler exhaust flap on both sides. Mine got disconnected on the driver side on its own. There was a clamp missing. I don't know if it fell off or was missing from the factory. Reconnect the line, add a clamp, and you'll be set.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:42 AM
odwa
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Definitely the vacuum line, check both sides. The exhaust valves on the side mufflers where the lines attach do not have nipples to hold the lines on when clamped.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:27 PM
CP_DXB
Intermediate

Zulu Alpha on these forums has an exhaust issue as well, but found that one of his valves is stuck half open. He hasn't yet tried to modify his exhaust, so it wasn't anything he did..
Old 06-30-2015, 02:51 PM
Michael ZZ
Advanced

Thanks for all the feedback, I will get it sorted ASAP.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:09 AM
Michael ZZ
Advanced

The problem was the vacuum pipe...it's resolved now.

Quick Reply: Exhaust problem (Standard exhaust)