Sponsored by:

Current market price for GT3 still strong

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 09:21 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 711 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Why all the optimism? Things are not all as rosy as you paint them, my friend!

************************************************************************ **************

Consolidated: I think you know. But just in case, I want to clarify the great-uncle on eBay is the 'special color' for the .1 997 gt3 RS in MY2007 & 2008, which is called 'RS Green', color code 2D8!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...m=301653587919

It was a PTS color during the .2 997 gt3 RS period and still available to this day under that 'Exclusive' option. The name is now just called 'Green'. But the color code is still 2D8.

'Viper', color code 225, is different from 'RS Green' 2D8 or 'Signal Green' of any formulation (W25, 217 or 22S). See official color chips I photographed at 'Porsche Exclusive' Zuffenhausen in 2011:

************************************************************************ ********************

Andre: Was DRL's MY2011 .2 gt3 gt3 RS purchased from 'Strong Porsche' in Utah truly PTS 'Viper Green', color code 225 (see photo below)?

We went through this drill once when DRL was buying the car...but he didn't verify the color code on his PTS on this thread!

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...y-new-car.html

What amount of $ did he sell it for?

Another well-known MY2011 .2 997 gt3 RS originally ordered on spec by 'Sunset Porsche' in Florida turned out to be PTS 'Signal Green' W25, not 'Viper' or 'RS Green'!

This is the actual 'colour' code from inside the gas lid of that particular car!

The above car sold last at Gooding Scottsdale for $231K, including commission.

http://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/201...97-gt3-rs-3-8/

So don't assume all 'green' .2 997 gt3 RS are all just one particular PTS green hue!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Still waiting for your pts RS thread addition on the all the greens. I'm particularly interested in your ranking from greeny-ness to yellowy-ness.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:40 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Andre: Was DRL's MY2011 .2 gt3 gt3 RS purchased from 'Strong Porsche' in Utah truly PTS 'Viper Green', color code 225 (see photo below)?

We went through this drill once when DRL was buying the car...but he didn't verify the color code on his PTS on this thread!

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...y-new-car.html

What amount of $ did he sell it for?

So don't assume all 'green' .2 997 gt3 RS are all just one particular PTS green hue!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
As far as I know, the Car was purchased through Porsche of San Diego- I just assumed it's Viper Green as it matched to my eyes the Viper Green of the .1 RS, having seen it myself several times. I think he ended up selling it for 145K- 150K, which was the price I payed for my 2015. At the time that was a premium for .2 RS. It went to a dealer a Porsche Dealer in Dallas- Park Place? Not sure. For me, the timing was poor as I had already moved on from the 997.2 Gen cars, and I had particularly soured on the Gearbox and shift linkage as I had a lot of problems on track with my .2 with balky linkage due to failure of the Dynamic Engine Mounts. Even after the replacement to solid engine mounts my gearbox just didn't like to be rushed- like in track work. Now, since my Porsche GT cars are non-competitive and not for track work, I would love to have that PTS RS, then again if I had been successful on my 2015 PTS order, I wouldn't look back with regret!
Old 06-22-2015, 11:44 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

^ oh, just read the purchase thread, bought in Utah as he says at the time. DRL lives near San Diego and I just remember the Birch Green RS there at the time...
Old 06-22-2015, 12:22 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Still waiting for your pts RS thread addition on the all the greens. I'm particularly interested in your ranking from greeny-ness to yellowy-ness.
Will do.

Originally Posted by montoya
As far as I know, the Car was purchased through Porsche of San Diego-
^ oh, just read the purchase thread, bought in Utah as he says at the time. DRL lives near San Diego...
We will just have to ask DRL to settle what was the actual color & color code of that car.

I just assumed it's Viper Green as it matched to my eyes the Viper Green of the .1 RS, having seen it myself several times.
By the way, Andre, check your eyes soon with the nearest Porsche ophthalmologist. There is no 'Viper Green' in the .1 997 gt3 RS...so my post was a total waste on you! Quel dommage!

Ok, let me repeat the salient points....maybe the second time is the charm!

I want to clarify the great-uncle on eBay is the 'special color' for the .1 997 gt3 RS in MY2007 & 2008, which is called 'RS Green', color code 2D8!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...m=301653587919

It was a PTS color during the .2 997 gt3 RS period and still available to this day under that 'Exclusive' option. The name is now just called 'Green'. But the color code is still 2D8.

'Viper', color code 225, is different from 'RS Green' 2D8 or 'Signal Green' of any formulation (W25, 217 or 22S). See official color chips I photographed at 'Porsche Exclusive' Zuffenhausen in 2011:

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-22-2015, 12:51 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

^HA, HA! I guess I'll take the check to the Ophthalmologist as a compliment. It should really be a good caning for failure to read the thread! I get it, I abused the color names with willful disregard for accuracy and complete suspension of facts!

I guess all I can say at this point is that DRL's car was 'green' in what shade only the current owner could say if they could let us know the color code.

I will say that DRL's car was really 'cool'! Here it is from one of our track days:

Name:  IMG_1067.JPG
Views: 1062
Size:  187.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0041.JPG
Views: 1142
Size:  118.6 KB

Sorry the pictures are so small, but you get the idea- it is 'green'! That's all we can say! (mine is the 'yellow' GT3).

From now on, I will use quotes when discussing colors since I am not qualified by any measure to discuss their actual names and must bow to higher authorities or go back to the school of colors before I can actually quote names...
Old 06-23-2015, 03:49 AM
TTG
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

You go to Park Place, if you are either new in town or really want to overpay for stuff.

I have many dealings with them and they would not be a dealer I would like to do business with.

I am sure some genius will pay full asking price for the GT3.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:31 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by TTG
You go to Park Place, if you are either new in town or really want to overpay for stuff.

I have many dealings with them and they would not be a dealer I would like to do business with.

I am sure some genius will pay full asking price for the GT3.
I second this... even back 15 years ago when I lived in the area, Park Place was famous for shameless top dollar price gouging... totally short term mercenary business ethic... I see things haven't changed.

In this environment there will very likely be someone with more zeros in their bank account than brain cells. Trust fund babies/FOB sons of corrupt politicians buyer segment.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:16 PM
Keith Verges - Dallas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm. I bought my 2015 GT3, ordered new from Park Place and did Euro Delivery. Paid sticker and seemed like that was the going price nation wide, but I'm no expert. I feel pretty confident they'd negotiate on any inventory to market prices, but maybe not? Of course they'd take their asking price and the whole car market is a scary bubble right now, IMO.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:36 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
I second this... even back 15 years ago when I lived in the area, Park Place was famous for shameless top dollar price gouging... totally short term mercenary business ethic... I see things haven't changed.

In this environment there will very likely be someone with more zeros in their bank account than brain cells. Trust fund babies/FOB sons of corrupt politicians buyer segment.
I love how everybody talks about SHORT TERM yet they all stay in biz making tons of dollars 15 yrs later.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:24 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Verges - Dallas
Hmm. I bought my 2015 GT3, ordered new from Park Place and did Euro Delivery. Paid sticker and seemed like that was the going price nation wide...
Yes, Monroney suggested retail (sticker) was probably what most of us paid in the US for our .1 991 gt3's. But since PAG/PCNA charged your dealer at least $3,000 for the European Delivery service you enjoyed, you actually got a discount on your purchase of at least that equivalent value! So consider yourself lucky...you did better than most!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Currently in West Seattle
Old 06-25-2015, 11:27 PM
TTG
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Verges - Dallas
Hmm. I bought my 2015 GT3, ordered new from Park Place and did Euro Delivery. Paid sticker and seemed like that was the going price nation wide, but I'm no expert. I feel pretty confident they'd negotiate on any inventory to market prices, but maybe not? Of course they'd take their asking price and the whole car market is a scary bubble right now, IMO.
No you didn't. This is just a overpriced used car lot and certainly is not a Porsche dealer.

They do sell new Aston Martins and Lotus but only in the recent years.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:01 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

I have bought 4 cars from Park Place. Only paid MSRP for the GT3. The rest under MSRP.
I have dealt with a few P dealers in the country and I think Park Place is one of the best. Unfortunately, there are a lot of extremely wealthy people in the area around the dealership and they will pay MSRP with no issues. I don't think the dealership is bad at all. They have gotten me every car I wanted. They have huge allocation numbers for special cars. Their service techs have seen everything and are one of the most experienced in the country.

I used to nickel and dime, tried to get the lowest price with no regard for anything else. Play one dealer off the other and go for the lowest price. Not any more. Now I get a very fair price, great service, have go-to people in sales and service that take care of me with one text, and minimal worry and headaches. They even got me a new RS engine from Porsche for my previous 997.2 RS under warranty despite my car being 6 months out of warranty. That's worth something too.

I'm not saying they don't try to make the most money they can. They do. However, they do not sell over MSRP on new cars.

Enough about Park Place. What's this thread about anyways?
Old 06-26-2015, 12:12 AM
US1368
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on Rennlist. Please execuse me if I sound lost, thank you. How can I start a discussion about my decision to take 2016 GT3 RS delivery in September and pay over sticker?
Old 06-26-2015, 02:34 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by US1368
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on Rennlist. Please execuse me if I sound lost, thank you. How can I start a discussion about my decision to take 2016 GT3 RS delivery in September and pay over sticker?
Go to the 991 GT3 section and click "Post Topic" in the top left hand corner.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:02 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

everyone has their opinion on color vs money
if you really want green or orange, why weren't you on my list? every car that left me are better than any listed by the dealers and way way way way way way cheaper.
shove your money my way and you shall be rewarded. you dont want to know the green and orange hiding behind my house right now.

ok, go on... keep on talking... i will be napping then off to laguna seca at 4am, MAYBE in a green 3.6, 3.8 or 4.0....

Quick Reply: Current market price for GT3 still strong