Sponsored by:

2016 GT3 Allocations: Complete?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 10:04 PM
williambnj
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2016 GT3 Allocations: Complete?

It seems in the past couple weeks no one is talking about receiving allocations. Has Porsche released all 2016 GT3 allocations it plans on doing?
Old 06-18-2015, 11:40 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

It looks like it. However, 2015s were supposed to have ended in January.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:46 AM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Per my meeting with a senior executive at PNA the expected 2016 production of GT'3 will be about 200 for the U.S.

Expect more GT4 cayman allocations demand significantly exceeded what they anticipated.

As to GT3RS PNA is working hard to convince Germany to produce more. - they will, when look for fall allocations to be released or first part of 2016.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:57 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
Per my meeting with a senior executive at PNA the expected 2016 production of GT'3 will be about 200 for the U.S.

Expect more GT4 cayman allocations demand significantly exceeded what they anticipated.

As to GT3RS PNA is working hard to convince Germany to produce more. - they will, when look for fall allocations to be released or first part of 2016.
I figure more allocations will come sometime after the magazine articles hit the newsstands, Im hoping we can all get one, Porsche makes money from building cars the RS limitation is only due to supplier lead times and contracts, Im sure Porsche wants to build as many a they can sell
Old 06-19-2015, 02:31 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default More allocations...

Originally Posted by Clocked

Interesting news if that info turns out to be correct. So far, I don't think US dealers have received but half of that anticipated 200 MY2016 gt3 allocations. So another 100 might still show up in the near future!

Regarding the RS, let me repeat here what I wrote a Rennlister that PM me today with the same question as the OP:

We are now at a place similar to where we found ourselves in 2014. In the late summer-early fall, we started speculating about more allocations for the MY2015 base gt3. We thought perhaps something significant - e.g. Cycle 6 Euro Emissions or similar - was preventing PAG from continuing production of the gt3 beyond Dec. 31, 2014. We found out later that date had no apparent significance. Allocations slowly continued to appear in early 2015...albeit without much notice or fanfare (e.g. the approx. 30 late MY2015s in PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red' & Fashion Grey'). As it turned out, we sailed successfully with .1 991 gt3 production past 12/31/2014 and PAG is planning to build base gt3s as MY2016 well into the summer & fall of 2015! So go figure!

We now have a similar dilemma. The obstacles in the path of us seeing more gt3 RS allocations seem real - original production plans were limited in numbers, lack of available LWBs from Lear is known, towards the end of calendar 2015 PAG will switch production from .1 991 chassis to .2 facelift model, etc. So, given these known obstacles, what are the chances the factory will continue production of the .1 991 gt3 RS beyond December 31, 2015?

Well, we can all speculate on that topic (as we are currently doing on this thread). But unless there are regulatory issues why production of RS engines can't proceed beyond 12/31/2015 (which we have not heard reported this time around), there is a good chance that PAG will continue producing .1 991 gt3 RS to 'cash-in' in the unexpected higher demand for the model! My dos centavos, for what is worth!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-19-2015, 02:50 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

Considering there are 200 dealers that might be a tough allocation to get.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:58 PM
///Armin
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

They are coming later this year.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:37 PM
NewtownGT3
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
Considering there are 200 dealers that might be a tough allocation to get.
I'm sure they won't be tough to get if you willing to fork out the right amount of money.

I've all but given up on getting this generation GT3. I'm seriously considering just leasing a C2S or maybe the new AMG-GT for a few years & put money down for the next one (if they make it, that is).

Very frustrating.......to say the least. I guess that is part of the allure on these cars.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:21 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Maybe each dealer got one?
Old 06-19-2015, 06:55 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 506 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by NewtownGT3
I'm sure they won't be tough to get if you willing to fork out the right amount of money.

I've all but given up on getting this generation GT3. I'm seriously considering just leasing a C2S or maybe the new AMG-GT for a few years & put money down for the next one (if they make it, that is).

Very frustrating.......to say the least. I guess that is part of the allure on these cars.
With all due respect, please explain? Is it because you cannot find a properly spec'd new car? Is it because you won't pay X amount over MSRP? There are cars out there. New and low mileage 15's. I am always confused by this statement when I hear it.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:43 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

Some people have a mental block about buying used or paying over list for what they want.
I do both. It's great to get a new Gt3 or RS to your spec. If you can't be patient and find a used one that is close.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:15 PM
NewtownGT3
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
With all due respect, please explain? Is it because you cannot find a properly spec'd new car? Is it because you won't pay X amount over MSRP? There are cars out there. New and low mileage 15's. I am always confused by this statement when I hear it.
I have not been able to find a dealer (that has a '15 new or '16 allocation) willing to sell me a car at MSRP. I have no problem with others paying whatever they want, I just don't think that I need to pay extra profit for something that is a WANT & not NEED.

Also, this whole LWB being delayed on the '16's has not made it any easier & that is a "must have" for me. I would also consider a slightly used 15, however trying to find a car that is spec'd (GR or White w/LWB's, PCCB's & Lift) close to what I want & not over MSRP is also somewhat difficult. Yes, there are cars out there...I just feel that if I'm pay $150k+ for a car, I should get what I want. Maybe that is somehow wrong of me to think that way...just how I feel.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:25 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NewtownGT3
I have not been able to find a dealer (that has a '15 new or '16 allocation) willing to sell me a car at MSRP. I have no problem with others paying whatever they want, I just don't think that I need to pay extra profit for something that is a WANT & not NEED.

Also, this whole LWB being delayed on the '16's has not made it any easier & that is a "must have" for me. I would also consider a slightly used 15, however trying to find a car that is spec'd (GR or White w/LWB's, PCCB's & Lift) close to what I want & not over MSRP is also somewhat difficult. Yes, there are cars out there...I just feel that if I'm pay $150k+ for a car, I should get what I want. Maybe that is somehow wrong of me to think that way...just how I feel.
I agree with you. Just be patient and A nice lightly pre owned GT3 will pop up the way you like. Once the RS 's start hitting the street you will get a nice GT3 then.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:02 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Maybe each dealer got one?
Even distribution of a GT# allocation allotment across dealerships? In the wildest of dreams, I could not see that (ever) happening.
Old 06-20-2015, 12:21 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Re: Ultraviolet & future allocations...

In case it might turn out to be true re: future .1 991 gt3 RS allocations, let me post the entire exchange I had with Canadian Rennlister Whoopsy on another thread in this forum. The later is a 918 owner and has a gt3 RS on order!

Originally Posted by dertub
The buzz over on Rennteam is that there might be a delay with UV cars. Anybody know anything??
It's not a buzz...it's just Whoopsy!

We have confirmation, even at Rennteam (see Aldo's post), that 'Ultraviolet' is presently in series production and 'flowing freely' through the assembly lines. I will ask others at Rennteam to see what they have to say since they are closer to the source at Zuffenhausen. But we have some pretty good information flow going on all of these subjects right here on Rennlist!

But what I am hearing it's just the opposite. 'Ultraviolet' will cease to be produced at the end of November, 2015. We know there are a number of 991 gt3 RS scheduled for production in December, but most seem to be PTS (tell me if that is true or not). If 'Ultraviolet' is stopped at the end of November, does it mean that all regular color production will be finished by that date - meaning all 'Lava Orange', GT Silver, 'White' and 'Ultraviolet' RSs will also stop by end of November? Or just that demand for 'Ultraviolet' is fairly light and all orders will be completed by that early date? We don't yet know...but it could all mean that PAG is getting ready to finish production of the .1 991 gt3 RS by December or January at the latest.

Does any of this remind any of you of our conversations here regarding the end of MY2015 gt3 (base) production by December 31, 2014? Like Yogi Berra used to say: "It's déjà vu all over again".

Regardless, we need to get to the bottom of this. The above information about 'Ultraviolet' ending by last days of November is coming from a source in Germany that contacted PAG today and informed me immediately of it! So there might be an actual fire behind this puff of smoke. If any of you could let us know the following, it might shed some light on the subject:

a) Does anyone have an 'Ultraviolet' 991 gt3 RS confirmed for production by PAG in December?

b) Does anyone have a 'GT Silver', 'White' or 'Lava Orange' confirmed for production by PAG in December?

c) Does anyone have any color .1 991 gt3 RS confirmed for production by PAG after January 2016?

So Whoopsy responds to the above:

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Ah, I see you are posting me here.

Anyway, I got more info on the delay. It is 'flowing' right now as you say, but it will stop soon and re-start again in December. Like the LWB option that was available early then delay.

(We need to confirm this info above re: 'Ultraviolet'. It's opposite of what I have heard)

PTS lead time is for some reason currently at 6 months, up from 3 earlier.

Production will ends in May. 2016 will be the only model year for the GT3RS.
Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Right now I believe slots are being scheduled for Feb 2016, so I am guessing another 3 months worth of production slots should still be available later.

My dealer initially thought they only had 4 slots, now they have 8 confirmed. But then again there are still another 20+ people with paid deposits without a slot.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...hread-601.html

If anyone has more facts on any of these subjects, we would like you to post them and help shed some further light on the subject!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Quick Reply: 2016 GT3 Allocations: Complete?