Sponsored by:

She's Not Old Yet

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 04:24 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts
Default She's Not Old Yet

I love watching this video over, and over as it reminds me of the machine we have at our finger tips. Sometimes the best thing you have is a few steps away. Drive it like you stole it!

Old 05-26-2015, 05:09 PM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Funny, Chris Harris always says that he would prefer a proper manual transmission vs an automatic in all his video reviews and I tend to agree.
I also agree, a proper manual transmission requires more driver interaction with the vehicle which in turn equates to more driver fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They should never have put automatic transmissions into sports cars. Maybe race cars but never in sports cars, as changing gears manually is part of the "sport" in sports cars.
That's why I'm getting a GT4 rather than a GT3.
If Porsche came out with a GT3 with a proper manual transmission, I'd get one.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:13 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 284 Posts

Watching this video makes me remember the endless days that slowly passed by as I waited for my car, and makes me remember all the reasons I bought it.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:05 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick1
Funny, Chris Harris always says that he would prefer a proper manual transmission vs an automatic in all his video reviews and I tend to agree.
I also agree, a proper manual transmission requires more driver interaction with the vehicle which in turn equates to more driver fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They should never have put automatic transmissions into sports cars. Maybe race cars but never in sports cars, as changing gears manually is part of the "sport" in sports cars.
I too love the manual, the problem is for every manual person there are 3 non manual people, then you add the fact that PDK-S is quicker, so now what do you do, if it were an option would you buy PDK-S instead? PDK-S has made the care more accessible to a wider range of buyers and its quicker. Im getting used to it...I actually like it.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:56 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
I too love the manual, the problem is for every manual person there are 3 non manual people, then you add the fact that PDK-S is quicker, so now what do you do, if it were an option would you buy PDK-S instead? PDK-S has made the care more accessible to a wider range of buyers and its quicker. Im getting used to it...I actually like it.
I never thought I would've said this, but I absolutely love the PDK-S and really don't miss the MT now.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:05 PM
BenDiem
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts

^^^ Great vid & thanks for posting, OP.

I guess you gotta count me in on that group as well. Never thought I would admit it...

Long live the PDK-S.

Cheers/B
Old 05-26-2015, 07:12 PM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't get me wrong, I think the PDK is a fabulous bit of kit,
but coming into a corner and pulling off a perfect heel-toe is special.
Was thinking about a 997 GT3, but their prices have skyrocketed with
no manual trans on the 991GT3.
I was hoping the 991GT3RS might come with the option of a manual
but no such luck.
So now the best option for a manual is a GT4.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:17 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

^^^new motor means manual unlikely to come back, mezger motor cars prices rising, where doe it end I dunno, but theres always faster, newer, easier, I admit i will take a newer car sometimes to work because it has bluetooth or satellite…sometimes new doesn't mean you lose the spirit of old, my GT3 makes my heart race as fast as any car I have owned, would you rather ride Christie Brinkley or Amber Heard?
Old 05-26-2015, 10:59 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for this, had not seen it before. To the naysayers:

"Never lose the joy of what you have by always wanting more".
Old 05-26-2015, 11:59 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by allans
Thanks for this, had not seen it before. To the naysayers:

"Never lose the joy of what you have by always wanting more".
I love this video. Why I was waiting on my car I watched this thing weekly. The sound is amazing!
Old 05-27-2015, 12:47 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
I never thought I would've said this, but I absolutely love the PDK-S and really don't miss the MT now.
This very sentiment has been echoed by many 1GT3 owners. I think most of the people who don't get it simply haven't spent much (any?) time in a 1GT3. I'm a long-time MT guy, but PDK-S is pretty incredible.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:35 AM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick1
I have been driving manuals since I got a DL. My last manual was a 997.2 C4S. But I don't miss it. Yes, a manual is fun in a track. But driving it DD, stop lights, traffic and short distances, it's becoming a chore.

I always look at my left shoe, looks older than the right. So the moment I can drive a manual without a clutch pedal, I am sold. For me that's what I called progress. I loved my SMG and F1 transmissions.

I will miss the days I can drive a manual transmission but traffic is so much worse, I will not envy a driver driving it in traffic. Sometimes I see a guy driving a MT in traffic and I say quietly, better you than me.

Glad you still have the stamina for it,I may just be too old. I guess I need to have my testosterone checked.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:40 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 666 Likes on 312 Posts

I am one of those guys that can appreciate both manual and PDK. It's not a deal breaker either way and I can make a case on why I would drive either. I could go back and forth with no problem. I do think Porsche would be crazy at some point not to add a 6 speed manual back into both the 3 and the RS. I think they would sell another 1000 cars just like that, Many right back to previous owners.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:11 AM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Man I loved my starTAC flip phone just awesome,so much more involving they should never have added a touch screen to phones, I mean copiers I can understand even on a GPS but not phones. That's why I'm buying a samsung Gusto 3 flip phone, if Apple made a flip phone I'd buy it in a heartbeat
Old 05-27-2015, 07:15 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
I am one of those guys that can appreciate both manual and PDK. It's not a deal breaker either way and I can make a case on why I would drive either. I could go back and forth with no problem. I do think Porsche would be crazy at some point not to add a 6 speed manual back into both the 3 and the RS. I think they would sell another 1000 cars just like that, Many right back to previous owners.
Don't follow sell a 1000 cars just like that ......all the cars are gone just like that minus a stick. My last Porsche 991S 7 speed it was fun until I got stuck in traffic from SC to GA, and I just wanted to jump out and catch a cab home. I like long drives for enjoyment, and now in the GT3 it's added that much more pleasure. Driving a stick is fun, but PDK is the faster car by far .............

Quick Reply: She's Not Old Yet