Sponsored by:

new engine!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 10:22 PM
KenU
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tony King
well here's the kicker - I asked how much they would take my car for - ready for this: THEY OFFERED ME $100k. I paid $167k for the car 6 months ago.
That's quite insulting considering your situation and I would now engage the services of a high-end law firm that specializes in Lemon Laws and, at the very least, have an expert atty fire off a letter to the dealer and PCNA immediately demanding a new car or your money back.
When it comes to being taken advantage of in any business matter, money has no value to me when it comes to principle and will spend whatever it takes in legal fees to get 100% satisfaction.

That offer, to me, shows what kind of people you're dealing with. Now, it's your turn. Yes, this could've been handled differently - that remark is the game changer!

Best of luck!!
Old 04-21-2015, 10:28 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,793 Likes on 4,779 Posts

You should contact Nick Murray, former (and future) 911 owner.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8104...new-video.html

He lives in/around your neck of the woods too (NE U.S.)

Good luck.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:43 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

Personally, Porsche has been very good to me. My dealer has treated me well. I value both relationships and they seem to value mine. I would certainly give them the benefit of the doubt to make it right. Lemon laws are your backstop. Certainly, $100k isn't going to work, given the resale of this car in the current market. Expecting a 2015 model is a bit rich when warranty coverage may grant you a new engine. I'd take a new engine over one with 7,500 miles on it, wouldn't most?

If I regarded the dealer or Porsche as "the enemy," I'd be looking for a different dealer or brand to do business with.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:35 PM
3point9liters
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have similar experience with the first year GTR. My experiences tell me that PCNA would not listen to you until your lemon law attorney files the lawsuit. I would file the lawsuit, and then they will negotiate with you during the negotiation period during which the judge would serve as a mediator. I was very happy with the outcome. Also, at this point my important suggestion to the OP is to stop posting anymore about this (or even delete the thread), lest PCNA can use it for their purpose.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:42 PM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by djcxxx
I think your problem is an incompetent dealer and not an engine that needs replacing. PCNA knows this but doesn't want to get between you and dealer. These are not throwaway engines by any means and Porsche isn't going to let an incompetent dealer slough off a repair they can't handle with a new engine on Porsch's dime. You need a new service department. Also I'd not let these bozos replace my engine even if that was the solution. Try to talk to PCNA directly if at all possible
I disagree. Your dealer isn't incompetent, they're just idiots.

If Porsche NA is showing that they're willing to work w/ you, then I'd suggest you let them. Porsche bent over backwards to take care of GT3 owners and outside the communications (which was admittedly terrible), they've come through better than any other marquee I've ever owned.

After my engine replacement, my transmission needed to be replaced. I never asked for a new car, even though I was down another two months. Instead, they sent me a check for two months of loan payment. More than I ever asked for.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:54 PM
need a 993
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Tony,
It's Neil. sorry to hear about your engine. Never would have known it by the way it ran during our Ocean Pkwy run in January! Good luck. Agree with hiring lemon law attorney. All the best.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:13 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Its probably a simple fix. Sometimes it takes few tries. They probably gave you a loaner, no?r Patience is whats needed at this point. PCNA will make things right. Forget the lawyer stuff.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:33 AM
aznkuja328
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tony King
well here's the kicker - I asked how much they would take my car for - ready for this: THEY OFFERED ME $100k. I paid $167k for the car 6 months ago.
a friend of mine has just traded in her 2013 c4s 129k msrp with 9000 miles for 110k... you should stay away from this dealership
Old 04-22-2015, 08:46 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I don't get this day and age of computer's and OBD-II is they still cannot get the root cause azalyze the very first time. Let's just say the same thing happened to my Aunt's 2014 3.6L V6 CTS. Eventually they replaced the engine with less than 10k miles on it. The first day they got the car back, same issue. Damn car would just shut off driving down the road. Doesn't sound like an engine but an ECU issue. Should have replaced that too.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:59 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

I'd contact PCNA and discuss the problem and what you want to resolve the problem. I'd advise them that absent an acceptable solution, your next step is to retain counsel. It took a media disaster before Porsche would listen to Nick Murray. If you are satisfied with a third engine, it should be pretty easy. If you're looking for a new car, be prepared to file suit and go the distance.

Dan (isn't giving legal advice)
Old 04-22-2015, 10:01 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
They're throw away engines and they have plenty in reserve.
If they want to play nice they trade yours in for a 2015 but if not I wouldn't sweat a new engine. Still same warranty and they should stamp it with the same serial number
dang that is the way to go
Old 04-22-2015, 10:45 AM
CALSE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear OP. I hope Porsche takes care of you.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:53 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Did they change the spark plugs yet??? Tell them to replace them and see if the issue is resolved
Old 04-22-2015, 02:06 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by djcxxx
I think your problem is an incompetent dealer and not an engine that needs replacing. PCNA knows this but doesn't want to get between you and dealer. These are not throwaway engines by any means and Porsche isn't going to let an incompetent dealer slough off a repair they can't handle with a new engine on Porsch's dime.
Engines and transmissions have always been sent back to PAG for teardown/fault-finding and replacement for any internal problems during the first year or two of production. PCNA also have the dealers take an oil sample and send it off to Blackstone for analysis. Once they are comfortable with everything and stop this process, they will double the MSRP for a remanufactured engine.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:53 PM
Tony King
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by straight-road
I have similar experience with the first year GTR. My experiences tell me that PCNA would not listen to you until your lemon law attorney files the lawsuit. I would file the lawsuit, and then they will negotiate with you during the negotiation period during which the judge would serve as a mediator. I was very happy with the outcome. Also, at this point my important suggestion to the OP is to stop posting anymore about this (or even delete the thread), lest PCNA can use it for their purpose.
Why would I delete the thread? Can you clarify?

thanks

Quick Reply: new engine!