Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 991 GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 07:07 PM
Leonardo629
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's mean considered Brett is just trying to help us out, deposits are refundable anyways.

Originally Posted by shizzle
I am taking allocation deposits for those who will line up to kick the OP in the nuts if this is a hoax!
Old 04-15-2015, 07:16 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 161 Posts

How much is the deposit? Brett is trying to stir things up and make money. Dealers who take deposits without knowing if the can fill them get people's hopes up for nothing.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:27 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
How much is the deposit? Brett is trying to stir things up and make money. Dealers who take deposits without knowing if the can fill them get people's hopes up for nothing.
Nut kicking deposits are a reasonable $5K. But the first three will be sold at a $20K markup .
Old 04-15-2015, 07:55 PM
joaobraganca
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karimgt3
Where is it confirmed that they'll be a .2RS? Unless there is a change of engine, it's not gonna happen.. And change of engine is not happening except if they go turbo. They'll release a .2RS to extract 20 more hp from the same engine?
Improve the chassis? No way! What is the range of improvement in that?
They went to the extremes with weight saving. Half the panels are carbon fiber, the glass is thiner! What else?
We should never forget the amount of time and money spent on research and development. The 911 was never truly supposed to be what it is but then again after each generation the car gets better and better. I wouldn't assume there isn't room for improvement. What we see today doesn't reflect all the technology available. Every launch of sports cars (especially Ferrari and Porsche) we always say: they shot their own feet, how are they improving on that? And they always come with a better solution.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:14 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I posted this in another thread here somewhere, but I put a deposit down back in November on a 991.2 GT3. The dealer wrote it up as a 2016 991.2 GT3. I was a little surprised at the 2016 MY designation at the time.

I was also interested in Euro Delivery for October 2015. The dealer said there would be nothing but Carreras and GT3 RS'*available for Euro delivery in October 2015. Thus I'm thinking if both of these bits are true, it is a 2016 car literally in 2016.

*and he also said that he had way more deposits already for RS' then he'd ever see cars (again, back in November). This is a reasonably high volume dealer in New Jersey (land of many Porsches).
Old 04-15-2015, 08:22 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Leonardo629
That's mean considered Brett is just trying to help us out, deposits are refundable anyways.
Since you have only nine posts on RL, allow me to give you some friendly advice. If you don't lighten up a bit, you won't last long here (and by here, I mean the internet). The guy was clearly joking.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:50 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 667 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
Agreed.

I'm new around here and don't want to stir things up but I just pulled the trigger on a car that was very close to the spec I wanted but not perfect. I have been waiting ten years to buy a new GT3. I also pulled the trigger based on rising pricing (over MSRP). Not that it's that big of deal but I would have enjoyed spec'ing out my own 2016 car IF that is the case.

IMO it is very irresponsible for Sonnen to post what he did without confirmation. We should be able to rely on a dealer to know the straight poop on the cars THEY sell. Wait, what am I thinking? It's a dealer...

That's not how I run my business.

My 2 cents...
Old 04-15-2015, 10:29 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

What's irresponsible about passing on an interesting and unanticipated piece of information? Maybe there is something to it and maybe not. He may be a dealer with some vested interest in generating potential business but that's fully disclosed. Whether one chooses to make up or down purchase decisions based on this kind of information is sketchy, but caveat emptor covers it.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:48 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Agreed.

I'm new around here and don't want to stir things up but I just pulled the trigger on a car that was very close to the spec I wanted but not perfect. I have been waiting ten years to buy a new GT3. I also pulled the trigger based on rising pricing (over MSRP). Not that it's that big of deal but I would have enjoyed spec'ing out my own 2016 car IF that is the case.

IMO it is very irresponsible for Sonnen to post what he did without confirmation. We should be able to rely on a dealer to know the straight poop on the cars THEY sell. Wait, what am I thinking? It's a dealer...

That's not how I run my business.

My 2 cents...
So would you guys rather I posted nothing and you then did not have the opportunity to purchase this car through your own dealer? I am sending all of the calls today to their own dealerships to leave deposits IF there are 2016 GT3's forthcoming....Not sure I see how this is "irresponsible behavior" but that is the beauty of the "InterWebs".....everybody has a unique take on things...... I will post up as soon as I hear concrete news one way or another guys....

Old 04-15-2015, 11:03 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah, seriously, folks.

I'm actually thankful that Brett posted this. He's one of the good guys around here (and a forum sponsor).

Also, there's no such thing as false hope if your dealer expresses things to you properly. "I'll take your deposit to secure your spot in line, but there's no assurance we'll get enough allocations to fulfill your order. If so, we'll simply return your deposit or apply it to a future car of your choosing."

There are a lot of dealers that don't do that, or don't say that. Those are the ones you want to avoid. When someone promises you something without an allocation, that's not good business. But when someone explicitly states that they're soliciting interest, I see no problem with that. Also, keep in mind, committed interest (via a good faith deposit / earnest money) helps dealers assess true demand, which in turn helps PCNA assess true demand (provided those dealers do what is smart, and enter those orders into the system pending allocations).

False hope can be self-inflicted, so be careful and don't get your hopes up, folks.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:05 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by djcxxx
What's irresponsible about passing on an interesting and unanticipated piece of information? Maybe there is something to it and maybe not. He may be a dealer with some vested interest in generating potential business but that's fully disclosed. Whether one chooses to make up or down purchase decisions based on this kind of information is sketchy, but caveat emptor covers it.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:32 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Let's just say I'm a bit jaded with dealers after a month long search for a car and leave it at that. That played into my comment...

In regard to the "possible" ability to order a 2016 car I personally would have waited the extra 48hrs to confirm through Porsche that it was possible before releasing the information. Just me. If it is bad info it will not help the dealer perception IMO.

I'm new and I don't know Brett. If he is a straight shooter at one of the "good" dealers than good on him. But my experience with at least 4 were completely disappointing for a luxury brand.

Nothing personal-
Old 04-15-2015, 11:34 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Let's just say I'm a bit jaded with dealers after a month long search for a car and leave it at that. That played into my comment...
I know that pain all too well. You have my sympathies.

In regard to the "possible" ability to order a 2016 car I personally would have waited the extra 48hrs to confirm through Porsche that it was possible before releasing the information. Just me. If it is bad info it will not help the dealer perception IMO.
Yes, a confirmation would've been nice. I'm sure Brett would've liked a confirmation, as well, because that helps him make business decisions... But, ultimately, this is a forum of enthusiasts, and we should be able to tolerate "possible" news.

He made it pretty clear that this could very well be an error in the internal configurator.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:45 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
I know that pain all too well. You have my sympathies.

Yes, a confirmation would've been nice. I'm sure Brett would've liked a confirmation, as well, because that helps him make business decisions... But, ultimately, this is a forum of enthusiasts, and we should be able to tolerate "possible" news.

He made it pretty clear that this could very well be an error in the internal configurator.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:48 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Quick Reply: 2016 991 GT3?