Sponsored by:

McLaren 570s MSRP'ing at $185,900.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 10:31 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
McLaren has greater depreciation than Lambo.

Also will some on take multiple picture of the 570S from various angles??
First time the R8 hasn't been detuned from the Lambo, so will be interesting to see. I suspect that's why VW delayed the R8 intro in the US until MY17.

I didn't take any picts of the 570S as I was too distracted, I didn't like the orange one as much as the silver but here's a couple of bonus shots of the P1 GTR, mint F1 (worth $20m to $25m) and 675LT engine bay. Sadly no Lexan for the US will take away some cool design features on the 675.

P1 GTR:

P1 Int:

675LT Engine Bay:

F1:
Old 04-14-2015, 10:42 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Here is a video of the silver one I found online, I prefered it over the Orange even though I'm a big fan of Orange.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:47 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Here is a video of the silver one I found online, I prefered it over the Orange even though I'm a big fan of Orange.
Go buy one Nate--add to your expansive collection.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:01 PM
snabbgt3
Racer

... a few stills of the two 570S's at the NY Auto Show.
Attached Images      
Old 04-14-2015, 11:26 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
Go buy one Nate--add to your expansive collection.

Lol - Based on your posts, it seems you're less happy since you sold your GT3. I think you should sell the Lambo while you can and get back into a GT3.

I also don't know where I said I have an expansive collection? I've only 3 cars at the moment, been selling while values are high and I might still sell my 991 3 and be at 2. I have a few different cars I'm after, but only 1 order is confirmed and locked in.

I spent a lot of time pondering the 675LT but the depreciation uncertainty kept me away - it'll probably turn out to be a big mistake knowing my car buying/sell luck but who knows...
Old 04-14-2015, 11:29 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Lol - Based on your posts, it seems you're less happy since you sold your GT3. I think you should sell the Lambo while you can and get back into a GT3.

I also don't know where I said I have an expansive collection? I've only 3 cars at the moment, been selling while values are high and I might still sell my 991 3 and be at 2. I have a few different cars I'm after, but only 1 order is confirmed and locked in.

I spent a lot of time pondering the 675LT but the depreciation uncertainty kept me away - it'll probably turn out to be a big mistake knowing my car buying/sell luck but who knows...
LMFAO. Quite the opposite...I love the Lambo. GT3 stayed in garage because not a perfect low rev car for normal streets, Huracan is perfect for that. Track I don't know, haven't taken Lambo out yet. 99.9% of my driving is NOT on track so really don't care.

The difference is I enjoyed the GT3 (and would never bash), but Lambo fits my lifestyle better and I use it 10x more than I ever did GT3--that's it.

Have 500 miles in 4 days on Huracan (city driving). GT3 had 1200 miles in 3 months.

Hey RS is incoming so try it again...bottom line GT3 is amazing, no haters here.

But also OWNED both and that is the difference. I learned long ago, don't try and convert people from one brand to another. Hence I appreciate the GT3 as I owned one.

Last edited by ATXGT3; 04-14-2015 at 11:46 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:30 PM
Keith Verges - Dallas
Pro

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
In three to five years you will be able to buy one of those MP4-12C for $50K if the depreciation curve keeps up like a Mercedes.

Also A 12C might Do the the trick against a new Turbo Porsche S on a Track. But get them on the street there aint no way that McLaren was made for driving in and out of highway and street traffic. Besides it still remains to be seen if the McLaren will hold up to the Tune-Up Blues that Ferrari's go though. Remember McLaren took a sizable chunk of Ferrari employees when they decided to go selling cars.

But saying the 12C will blow the doors off a TTS 0 to 60, is A mighty bold statement of words. Though I ill admit we will leave the track days to the GT3 and GT3RS. Hell McLaren's F1 got the drop on the Bugatti Veyron when BBC TopGear tested them in Dubai- and that was past 60. The F1 McLaren is a car that should be held in high esteem and sell for between $6MM and $8MM and more. Those versions aren't falling like rocks.

In 18 months you will be seeing adds for Mclaren 575s for $69K OBO.

And performance has nothing to do with Valuationu
You are a very funny man. You should hold out a little longer, imagine how much the owners of McLarens will pay you to take their cars off their hands.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:33 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 916Bob
I only took one other pic but here it is...
I wouldn't kick that out of my garage if I had the room...
Old 04-14-2015, 11:34 PM
Keith Verges - Dallas
Pro

Originally Posted by Drifting
LOL

I enjoyed my 5 Lapss in the 12C at the track with exotics racing in Vegas a few years ago. I came back a year later, and they were still tracking all Porsches, even all the Ferrari and Lamborghini models, but they stopped offering the McLaren because it broke down too much with regular track use.

That says a lot to me. Fun street car, but sadly not engineered to hold up to regular track work.
There's nothing like five whole laps, and hearsay, to draw conclusions about an entire brand and make and model of car.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:43 PM
Keith Verges - Dallas
Pro

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
Keith, you can drive a car incredibly well. At your skill level, when the ambient temperature is in the 90s at MSR, at what point does the McLaren begin overheating?
When it is much over 90°, after about 10-15 laps, the McLaren temperature gauge starts to get into the yellow, which makes me uncomfortable given the price of the car, so I will short shift for a lap or 2. This is running roughly 1:20 pace on the 1.7 mile counterclockwise configuration If I were to back off to 1:22 pace, I think I could run almost indefinitely.

I recently put Pirelli Trefeo Rs on the 12C and look forward to seeing how it does.

On the other hand, I am expecting to break 1:20 in the new GT3, and will be disappointed if I don't

Both fantastic cars and I may have to part with one before year end. That will be a huge First World Problem
Old 04-14-2015, 11:50 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
LMFAO. Quite the opposite...I love the Lambo. GT3 stayed in garage because not a perfect daily, Huracan is perfect for that. Track I don't know, haven't taken Lambo out yet. GT3 is killer for that.

The difference is I love the GT3 (and would never bash), but Lambo fits my lifestyle better and I use it 10x more than I ever did GT3--that's it.

Have 500 miles in 4 days. GT3 had 1200 miles in 3 months.

Hey RS is incoming so try it again...bottom line GT3 is amazing, no haters here.

But also OWNED both and that is the difference.
Good to hear! The GT3 is a great buy for the money - nothing else compares at that price/performance level. RS is a very low risk proposition. They made good progress on the weight problem with the Huracan so who knows.

I think the 570S is going to compare pretty favorably to the 991 TTS. It's lighter, more power, RWD rather than AWD etc. It's speculation as I've only looked over one, but the TTS isn't exactly a master of short-term resale values either. 570S is 500 lbs lighter, 15% more torque, similar hp.

I'm a big fan of McLaren from F1 (I was also born in the same city as Bruce McLaren), so I follow what they're doing. But I just can't get over the hump to pick one up. I got close on the 675LT, but in my 24 hours of indecision my local dealer's spots were all taken prior to launch.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:27 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Verges - Dallas
There's nothing like five whole laps, and hearsay, to draw conclusions about an entire brand and make and model of car.
Valid point. I actually loved the McLaren on the track those brief 5 laps,and I hear that it's a great road car from actual owners.

However, I hear very bad things about track durability and quality of track braking compared to GT3/RS from multiple McLaren owners.

Again, I think McLaren makes a a fantastic road car, and a real competitor to 911 turbo, R8, 458/488, Lamborghini, etc...

But no competition to a GT3/RS for an actual track car you can flog regularly, without fear of overheating, or component rupture/breakdown

Last edited by Drifting; 04-15-2015 at 12:40 PM. Reason: .
Old 04-15-2015, 08:46 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

If you are a Car guy, you have to respect the McLaren. If you are a Porsche only guy, well nothing can be said to sway your view anyway.

I used to be a Porsche-only guy, but am now a big fan of McLaren (though I have a Lamborghini). The 540 and 570 are fantastic products, and are going to force Porsche to up their game in this price range.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:31 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Underpowered? The Turbo Porsche's have more than enough power since they loose very little power through the powertrain. Years of evolution and perfecting the 911 have people "Paying more for less". There is a lot more to this discussion than I care to get involved with. But let let me state I, Absolutely, Love McLaren and their offerings. I don't feel that the 12C has hit the bottom of it's depreciation curve. But it's still one helluva performer. Wish I had one like in High Skewl when I wish I had that F1 McLaren. And to think back then it would still throw you back $500K for a new Mc F1. Even though it's been about 20 years it has turned out to be one hell of an investment.

Last edited by Tacet-Conundrum; 04-15-2015 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:25 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are a very funny man. You should hold out a little longer, imagine how much the owners of McLarens will pay you to take their cars off their hands.
I hope most of us can figure out my mis-calculations. I'm just baffled at how much the McLaren's, well 12C, Have fallen in value. Good thing we don't live in the English market where car values drop so fast and stay low it's crazy. That and you have to pay the car Crushers to take the vehicles off your hands, they don't pay you.

Quick Reply: McLaren 570s MSRP'ing at $185,900.