Sponsored by:

** COTA, GT3's, Driving Track--Great Day! **

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 10:30 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking ** COTA, GT3's, Driving Track--Great Day! **

First Congrats to Will Hardeman for winning his series by 34 seconds. Had a great day getting a chance to take the GT3 on COTA also. Met some great people today and one other GT3. Great Saturday...

Old 03-07-2015, 10:36 PM
NSD991
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 112 Posts

Next time I'm going with you. Just got my GT3 today as a result of our prior discussions! Can't wait to get our cars together!
Old 03-07-2015, 10:39 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

sorry to miss you guys today... didn't see your black GT3... saw a white 991 gt3 and the yellow 991 gt3 pictured here, tried to stop and talk to the yellow car, but he was busy litigating with the parking attendant to get into the coral...

this was a "good dad" day for me, because i coach my son's soccer team and their game was exactly during the parade laps, so i didn't make it... but fun day... lots of really great cars, people, racing, etc. as usual at COTA. love having the track so close.

big fail by Nissan for not letting my 9 yr old play their PS3 racing game because he was wearing a Porsche cap. No, I am not kidding, cant make this crap up. They told him if he would go register at their booth and come back with a Nissan lanyard they would let him play. This is why I will never own a GTR, among other reasons . Huge fail. MFers. Bartsch (former COO, PCNA) is over at Infinit now, maybe he can help fix them.

I will be there tomorrow AM. Others?
Attached Images   
Old 03-07-2015, 10:40 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by NSD991
Next time I'm going with you. Just got my GT3 today as a result of our prior discussions! Can't wait to get our cars together!
Great exchanging texts with you today Doc while you got the new toy---very excited for you!
Old 03-07-2015, 10:46 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice pics and glad they got decent weather. There are DE slots open for the BMWCCA DE/Club race in two weeks at COTA. Cheap too.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:50 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by consolidated
Nice pics and glad they got decent weather. There are DE slots open for the BMWCCA DE/Club race in two weeks at COTA. Cheap too.
Any chance to PM me info?
Old 03-07-2015, 10:56 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

http://texastrifecta.com/

You have to be a BMWCCA member, but perhaps not too late. They have open slots because SXSW is the same weekend, so no one but locals can find lodging. I'll pm you the best contact person, they are trying to get it filled, only a couple hundred $ a day.

Trending Topics

Old 03-07-2015, 11:07 PM
nash
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If anyone goes to the Trifecta, send me a PM so I can link up with you and say hi and/or take/go for a ride with you. I'll be instructing (997.2 GT3 RS in blue/gold).
Old 03-08-2015, 12:37 AM
TSean
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
sorry to miss you guys today... didn't see your black GT3... saw a white 991 gt3 and the yellow 991 gt3 pictured here, tried to stop and talk to the yellow car, but he was busy litigating with the parking attendant to get into the coral..
Ha that was me in the Yellow GT3. So sorry to miss you, I was certainly involved in a confused (both sides) negotiation for parking. Would have been great to chat with you, so next time feel free to throw something at me if I am not paying attention! Looks like you had an awesome day though. Also, while I love some good competitive spirit, I whole heartedly agree with the "F Nissan" sentiment...that is messed up!

Was a cool day of racing overall, and was a pleasure meeting/chatting with ATXGT3 and his amigos. The parade lap after the races was way less strict and way more open than I expected, and so it was a pretty good time and a great chance to see the track/take a passenger. Was also happy ATXGT3 was the next car on the lap so he could hear a few 9k runs while he patiently works through his break-in.

COTA is always a fun time, though I wish they had turned on the screens around the track to help follow/enjoy the race everywhere, not just the main grandstand. Won't be making it out tomorrow, but hope to see y'all next time out there.

-Sean
Old 03-08-2015, 10:21 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by TSean
Ha that was me in the Yellow GT3. So sorry to miss you, I was certainly involved in a confused (both sides) negotiation for parking. Would have been great to chat with you, so next time feel free to throw something at me if I am not paying attention! Looks like you had an awesome day though. Also, while I love some good competitive spirit, I whole heartedly agree with the "F Nissan" sentiment...that is messed up!

Was a cool day of racing overall, and was a pleasure meeting/chatting with ATXGT3 and his amigos. The parade lap after the races was way less strict and way more open than I expected, and so it was a pretty good time and a great chance to see the track/take a passenger. Was also happy ATXGT3 was the next car on the lap so he could hear a few 9k runs while he patiently works through his break-in.

COTA is always a fun time, though I wish they had turned on the screens around the track to help follow/enjoy the race everywhere, not just the main grandstand. Won't be making it out tomorrow, but hope to see y'all next time out there.

-Sean
Hey Sean - great to meet you as well. Your car looks great (and sounds amazing--what pipes do you have on it???). I did keep it to 5500 RPM...I promise :-) We kept that 'parade lap' going on the tollway home with a few others--ton of fun. We'll get the beasts together again in the near future.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:39 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Are you guys going today? Seems awfully wet.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:40 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
Are you guys going today? Seems awfully wet.
Nope, already gave away tickets. Suppose to rain, plus after driving the track yesterday it would be hard to top
Old 03-08-2015, 11:43 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Yes, I did a DE at cota last year, it's a lot of fun. Haven't driven it in my gt3. I bet that was a blast
Old 03-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Salj
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 53 Posts
Default DE Track Days at COTA

For ATX folks, there are 3 upcoming driving events at COTA:

Edge Addicts on Mar 29 and May 16 & 17

http://www.edgeaddicts.com/events.html

PCA Carreras of the Americas May 8-10

clubregistration.net (register if not a member yet)

Hope there are many GT3's there! I'll do Mar 29 and May 8-10.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:23 PM
Bokke
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by nash
If anyone goes to the Trifecta, send me a PM so I can link up with you and say hi and/or take/go for a ride with you. I'll be instructing (997.2 GT3 RS in blue/gold).
I hope to have you as my instructor!

Quick Reply: ** COTA, GT3's, Driving Track--Great Day! **