Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS Pre order , what are my chances to get one in "normal" price?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 02:02 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
My Tampa/St. Pete dealerships still want a $25k premium on regular GT3....I can only imagine what they will want for the RS. Forget it...I get driven away from Porsche farther and farther all the time.
Names, please? They're going on my banned dealers list.
Old 03-07-2015, 02:17 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by pelo911
2 questions:

1. the GT3RS bucket seat option can tilt and go up and down?
i like to seat higher and front (to see the road better) when i'm driving
i'm 184 cm.

The Porsche Full Bucket Seats are height adjustable electrically and you can move them front and back.

You can not tilt them.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:02 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

10 cars in 10 years at my guy = MSRP or less
Old 03-07-2015, 08:33 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

[QUOTE=GreenLantern;12098660]Names, please? They're going on my banned dealers list. [/]

Reeves Porsche in Tampa FL....Very stuck up with the GT3 pricing. Well over MSRP. They even had a slightly used GT3 they had re-affixed the window sticker and where charging $15k over sticker! WTF?...They pissed me off so much that my wife went over across the state to buy her Panamera S back in November.

Bert Smith Porsche in St. Petersburg. Called on a couple GT3..asking over MSRP and when trying to run numbers on the new Panamera for my wife never got return calls...also a GT3 came available and they were asking $25k over.

I've owned 9 new Porsche's since 2001 all bought from either Reeves or Bert Smith Porsche and now 1 from Champion in Boca Raton FL. You would think I'd get some sort of respect and a call about the new GT3 or RS from Reeves or Bert Smith Porsche..nope nothing as all these dealerships care about is selling over MSRP to there big spender customers. I guess 9 new Porsche's in 14 years isn't good enough! Free enterprise I get it....but I've been pushed farther and farther from Porsche by these incredibly unfriendly Porsche dealers.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:15 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

[QUOTE=mdrums;12099510]
Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Names, please? They're going on my banned dealers list. [/]

Reeves Porsche in Tampa FL....Very stuck up with the GT3 pricing. Well over MSRP. They even had a slightly used GT3 they had re-affixed the window sticker and where charging $15k over sticker! WTF?...They pissed me off so much that my wife went over across the state to buy her Panamera S back in November.

Bert Smith Porsche in St. Petersburg. Called on a couple GT3..asking over MSRP and when trying to run numbers on the new Panamera for my wife never got return calls...also a GT3 came available and they were asking $25k over.

I've owned 9 new Porsche's since 2001 all bought from either Reeves or Bert Smith Porsche and now 1 from Champion in Boca Raton FL. You would think I'd get some sort of respect and a call about the new GT3 or RS from Reeves or Bert Smith Porsche..nope nothing as all these dealerships care about is selling over MSRP to there big spender customers. I guess 9 new Porsche's in 14 years isn't good enough! Free enterprise I get it....but I've been pushed farther and farther from Porsche by these incredibly unfriendly Porsche dealers.
That's unfortunate. It's all about how much money they can make, not about repeat customers and profit in the long term.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:29 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Champion called they have RS for $50k over.

Reeves only sells new cars at MSRP. Company policy.
Used they sell for whatever they can get including over MSRP.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:33 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Champion called they have RS for $50k over. Reeves only sells new cars at MSRP. Company policy. Used they sell for whatever they can get including over MSRP.
Give them 80K over, what the hell!

To quote a now famous dealer quote. I'm going off of memory but something like..

"It's just money!"
Old 03-08-2015, 12:13 AM
pelo911
Racer

a nice build of GT3RS will cost $190K
and with PCCB around $200K
and this MSRP , without the extra crazy over MSRP that the dealer asking.

that's cause me thinking about other cars:

i love cars that scared me , i like the thrilling
steering wheel "feel" "weight" and balance.

the best car i ever took for a spin was the Carrera GT
what an amazing machine. (it was in 2009)

second car was Ferrari 458 (not speciale)

recently i drove also the Lambo Huracan , amazing engine
i think it's much better car then the Aventador (i drove it on track and i hate it)
and better then the gallardo.

so for the price of the new GT3RS
i can buy second hand 458 with very low miles.
Highs:
1. more power and screaming V8
2. look much better
3. mid engine
3. sharp and nimble

lows:
1. not brand new car
2. i don't know ownership cost of Ferrari vs Porsche

you guys have much more experience then me
what do you think?

i think also McLaren 12C also around this price.

Thanks
Old 03-08-2015, 12:19 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a nice build of GT3RS will cost $190K
and with PCCB around $200K
and this MSRP , without the extra crazy over MSRP that the dealer asking.

that's cause me thinking about other cars:

i love cars that scared me , i like the thrilling
steering wheel "feel" "weight" and balance.

the best car i ever took for a spin was the Carrera GT
what an amazing machine. (it was in 2009)

second car was Ferrari 458 (not speciale)

recently i drove also the Lambo Huracan , amazing engine
i think it's much better car then the Aventador (i drove it on track and i hate it)
and better then the gallardo.

so for the price of the new GT3RS
i can buy second hand 458 with very low miles.
Highs:
1. more power and screaming V8
2. look much better
3. mid engine
3. sharp and nimble

lows:
1. not brand new car
2. i don't know ownership cost of Ferrari vs Porsche

you guys have much more experience then me
what do you think?

i think also McLaren 12C also around this price.

Thanks
I say keep your GT3 and not worry about things. 458, then you have to deal with Ferrari guys. Honestly the GT3 is just a beast. If you're worried about what you pull up to valet, get 458. and if you want a steal on 458 just stick around they are dropping in price quickly.
Old 03-08-2015, 12:56 AM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

a nice build of GT3RS will cost $190K and with PCCB around $200K and this MSRP , without the extra crazy over MSRP that the dealer asking. that's cause me thinking about other cars: i love cars that scared me , i like the thrilling steering wheel "feel" "weight" and balance. the best car i ever took for a spin was the Carrera GT what an amazing machine. (it was in 2009) second car was Ferrari 458 (not speciale) recently i drove also the Lambo Huracan , amazing engine i think it's much better car then the Aventador (i drove it on track and i hate it) and better then the gallardo. so for the price of the new GT3RS i can buy second hand 458 with very low miles. Highs: 1. more power and screaming V8 2. look much better 3. mid engine 3. sharp and nimble lows: 1. not brand new car 2. i don't know ownership cost of Ferrari vs Porsche you guys have much more experience then me what do you think? i think also McLaren 12C also around this price. Thanks
Depends on what you use the cars for. For attention and street driving, I'd take the 12C then 458. For track driving, GT3 no question whatsoever.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:04 PM
pelo911
Racer

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
I say keep your GT3 and not worry about things. 458, then you have to deal with Ferrari guys. Honestly the GT3 is just a beast. If you're worried about what you pull up to valet, get 458. and if you want a steal on 458 just stick around they are dropping in price quickly.

"you have to deal with Ferrari guys"
please explain

the GT3 it's a fantastic car
but i'm always like to get better
i dreamed about the GT3 for many years , at the moment i got it , i started to thinking what car will be replace it (i know that's very stupid)

i'm don't care about valet , i prefer that nobody will drive my car.
i care only about fun to drive , adrenalin with car that scared me , precise
the 458 scared me much more , maybe because it has more powerful engine
i guess GT2 it's also a car i will like very much.
i love the Cayman also , this car put a big smile on my face every time i drive it , for my it's a baby 458.

a nice video explain about the GT3RS:
Old 03-08-2015, 02:56 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
What he said. I had a 458. Sounds better than anything. Ownership, attention, and having to deal with Ferrari dealer was not fun.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:59 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
Depends on what you use the cars for. For attention and street driving, I'd take the 12C then 458. For track driving, GT3 no question whatsoever.
I agree. I have more fun driving the 12C spider at the moment than the 458. You need to get past the brand identity of Ferrari to understand this. There is nothing like the emotion and F1 history that Ferrari brings (and I will own another one again someday) but my fun factor is higher with the McLaren and less stress too.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:04 PM
pelo911
Racer

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I agree. I have more fun driving the 12C spider at the moment than the 458. You need to get past the brand identity of Ferrari to understand this. There is nothing like the emotion and F1 history that Ferrari brings (and I will own another one again someday) but my fun factor is higher with the McLaren and less stress too.

thank you for your reply

you have also GT3 and Turbo S
how they compare to the 458 and the 12C?

see the face of the driver when he drive the 458:

the 650S it's one of the best looking car i ever saw , the Huracan look "bad" compare:

Old 03-08-2015, 03:16 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

thank you for your reply

you have also GT3 and Turbo S
how they compare to the 458 and the 12C?
GT3 comes this week. I can't comment on that yet.

The Turbo S is the best (all round) Porsche I have every bought. It is my daily driver. Super fast at low RPM, least lag out of any turbo I've driven, great Burmester stereo, fast on the track, and has 4 seats for my daily needs.

The 12C is a fun car. Great color and attention grabber. Doors swing up which is cool but also gets attention. Better than 458 on track due to really stiff suspension and way less body roll. Best sounding turbo car I've driven, but not even close to the sound of the 458. I like the spyder aspect for open air driving. Really fast car. Turbo S seems faster initially, buy McLaren keeps on pulling. McLaren has too much lag in auto mode, therefore, I always drive it in manual. Naturally aspirated GT3 and 458 is better.

In the end, all the cars have their pros and cons. Assuming I don't get a cup car, I'd like to have a GT3 or a GT3 RS for the track, Turbo S as a daily driver, McLaren or Ferrari spyder as an exotic, occasional fun car and a Cayman GT4 for wife and a manual fun car. Am I asking for a lot?

Quick Reply: GT3RS Pre order , what are my chances to get one in "normal" price?