Sponsored by:

10k over MSRP from Porsche Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 01:53 AM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by straight-road
Dont know where you get that authority from speaking about my car which is a gt3.. Check my previous posts before you make any assumption.
You need to chill buddy.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:30 AM
Road Racin
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like Rusnak Westlake alright....
Old 02-03-2015, 02:53 AM
Gotboost?
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
I happen to agree...looking for a GT3 configured how you want it this late in the game is gonna be work - and expecting MSRP or a deal on a car that is critically loved and also a great seller, coupled with final run of production happening now, is not going to land you in the "driver's seat." I think if you have a great relationship with your dealer then maybe you get MSRP but just wandering in and expecting that price perhaps is unrealistic. I know my dealer gave MSRP to its customers, but people from out of market or not previous customers, who were maybe going to be servicing their cars elsewhere should not expect equal pricing. I don't have a problem with that, at all. Simple supply and demand. Final selling price will tell the story.
I agree. Most dealers will give a better deal to someone local rather than someone from out of the area. There are exceptions of course. I'm a dealer and I always try to stick to that business model.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:49 AM
Huncowboy
Advanced

Sorry for my ignorance. I am browsing the GT3 section for the first time. What do you guys mean there is a "last run" on the GT3? I am thinking of getting one to replace our base 911 at the end of 2015. You are scaring me now.

EDIT: Mother..f..er. Well... sucks living under a rock. I am just reading up on all this online. I guess no GT3 for me in 2015. I am totally bumped out. Such a gorgeous car. The GT3 RS will be amazing I am sure. Unfortunately that is just a bit out of my budget if it will come in at $180k as I was reading... plus it is too tracky for me visually... just looking at the pictures. I guess I will have to look at the non S Turbo again...

Last edited by Huncowboy; 02-03-2015 at 08:43 AM.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:02 AM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

If it's Rusnak Pasadena, they were asking 20 over for that car a month ago, so at least they've come down 10. I bought my 2006 Carrera S there (new) in 2006. I've had my 993 and the S serviced there for the last 15 years, yet they still wanted me to pay over MSRP on a new GT3 when I enquired last summer. That's why I bought my GT3 out of state (Byers in Ohio - first class service. They even paid for shipping the car to me).

I'm giving Rusnak one last chance (to sell me an RS at sticker). They've had my 5k deposit for over a year now. If they don't come through on that I'm taking all my business elsewhere. Shame, as the service dept is really great.

So much for cultivating local business. Pity.

Vivian
Old 02-03-2015, 08:56 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Huncowboy
Sorry for my ignorance. I am browsing the GT3 section for the first time. What do you guys mean there is a "last run" on the GT3? I am thinking of getting one to replace our base 911 at the end of 2015. You are scaring me now.

EDIT: Mother..f..er. Well... sucks living under a rock. I am just reading up on all this online. I guess no GT3 for me in 2015. I am totally bumped out. Such a gorgeous car. The GT3 RS will be amazing I am sure. Unfortunately that is just a bit out of my budget if it will come in at $180k as I was reading... plus it is too tracky for me visually... just looking at the pictures. I guess I will have to look at the non S Turbo again...
$180! What the heck are you getting loaded in it. Do some home work--you can grab a beautiful new GT3 for around $140k. Yes, they are few and far between at any price point, but don't give up as though you will never find one. Start smiling and dialing asking about their March deliveries. Don't pass up the optty to grab one

Originally Posted by irish guitar

I'm giving Rusnak one last chance (to sell me an RS at sticker). They've had my 5k deposit for over a year now. If they don't come through on that I'm taking all my business elsewhere. Shame, as the service dept is really great.

So much for cultivating local business. Pity.

Vivian
Um, I hope they do. BUT, given their track record on the GT3, I have a VERY good feeling they will be asking $25k++ over for RS--deposit or not. Sorry you have to deal with that--but glad you were smart to grab the GT3 out of state. Did it make to CA and awaiting your return from Europe?

Last edited by ATXGT3; 02-03-2015 at 09:28 AM.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:21 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Rumor has it that they will be asking +$40 k on the new RS.....

Like they say "there is an *** for every seat"
Old 02-03-2015, 09:25 AM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Um, I hope they do. BUT, given their track record on the GT3, I have a VERY good feeling they will be asking $25k++ over for RS--deposit or not. Sorry you have to deal with that--but glad you were smart to grab the GT3 out of state. Did it make to CA and awaiting your return from Europe?[/QUOTE]

My 3 is still in Ohio, Xpel-ed and waiting for my return. Will likely see it for first time on Feb 25th.

Yes, unfortunately I have no great expectations of Rusnak selling me an RS at sticker, but I do have a couple of backup deposits elsewhere, so I'm reasonably confident I'll get one in the end. It would just be nice to be able to work with my local dealer, especially as I genuinely like the guys in their service dept.

I bought my 993 from Bev Hills many years ago and serviced that and my 964's there, too. I could always give them another try. Then again, I've had absolutely wonderful service at Desert European in Rancho Mirage. I keep my 7RS down there and they look after that. Good people. I'm a patient man, but Rusnak needs to realise they're not the only game in town.

Vivian
Old 02-03-2015, 10:17 AM
martinmp42
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Huncowboy

Porsche of Orlando has a 2015 that customer backed out. Call them and ask for Andreas. It wont last long.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:19 AM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

It's funny that everyone says porsche has no control. I blame PCNA for this, and all the other ****ty dealers. It's really simple to fix. If a dealer sells a car over msrp, you give them 1 less of the next special car. Hit them where it hurts. PCNA has full control over which dealers get which allocations.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:31 AM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just don't buy from L.A. dealers. It's simple. I live a 10 minute city drive (3 minute freeway) from Rusnak. The only thing I do there is test drive cars.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:32 AM
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default White 2015 with lift, no buckets in PA

SA contacted me last week with a white, low option 2015. $135,880 MSRP. Not sure if they still have it...won't last long. This dealer never sells above MSRP.

Tuan Nuyen
484-684-1815
tnuyen@conshohockenporsche.com

Last edited by 911993; 02-03-2015 at 11:32 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-03-2015, 11:38 AM
DucatiSPS
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 33 Posts

it's funny, i've owned over 10 Porsches, 8 of them bought new, and never once have I had a dealer ask more than MSRP. That's across four states of buying, including GT3, TTS, 993, Boxsters and Cayennes. I expect it at Ford, but not at European dealers. Guess it's another reason why i don't live in CA...
Old 02-03-2015, 11:40 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,061 Likes on 547 Posts

It's funny that everyone says porsche has no control. I blame PCNA for this, and all the other ****ty dealers. It's really simple to fix. If a dealer sells a car over msrp, you give them 1 less of the next special car. Hit them where it hurts. PCNA has full control over which dealers get which allocations.
And how many should they make available for those that can't afford one?
Old 02-03-2015, 06:45 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Rusnak is not known for their reasonable prices. Neither is Beverly Hills Porsche. Go out of the CA Inflated Price Region and you're likely to find better pricing.

Quick Reply: 10k over MSRP from Porsche Dealer